Nix visits Bears

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Grizzblue, Apr 15, 2014.

1. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +450 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    59ß
    I don't think any of us actually think we can predict draft day. None of us claim to be pro scouts or front office personnel. What we can do is use our football knowledge and knowledge of the team to make educated guesses and have something to talk about during the off season. I'm sure HH has their own thoughts on many of these players with inside knowledge that we don't have. So from the outside looking in, Nix looks like a senseless pick. Maybe Emery knows something we don't and takes him at 14. But, just using our outside knowledge of football and Nix, the pick would not make sense.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Position Coach

Ratings:
    +1,560 / 5 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    770ß
    That is a great site for all the GM's no real need to have the war room and associated costs. Let the computer pick your player. We wouldn't even need all that senseless time for humans between picks to make up their minds. And no more missing getting your picks in on time (unless Ski happens to be upgrading the draft site at that time).
  3. 4dabers

4dabers Veteran DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +736 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    81ß
    I just got a PM from him inviting me to do this very thing. Unfortunately, I had to turn him down as I already promised my Mother-In-Law that I would help her transplant some Tulip Bulbs that weekend. I told her it was too late to be transplanting Tulip bulbs in May and we should probably be doing it now, but she just won't listen. Never the less, I suggested a couple of you (including you JABF) as alternates to myself, so you guys should probably keep that date free for a few days. He said he needed to get with someone pretty quick so he could book your room and travel plans. I'll be looking for you guys on TV; I know I'll be getting dirty, but I'll be recording the whole thing. Oh, by the way, If you see Mayock, tell him I said "hey". I haven't seen Mike since we met at the "Birds and Blooms" expo for Better Homes and Gardens. That guy really knows his "Birds of North America". If you ever need to know anything about a Titmouse, just ask Mike.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,378 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    784ß
    Phil, go easy on the Jack Daniels too. Bad things happen when 'ya drink & draft...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +1,560 / 5 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    770ß
    I'm thinking he may have lost my email. I'm going to have to threaten to stop delivery of any new eyeglass straps until he shows the proper respect.

Plan B is to dress like a potted plant and sit in the corner (throwing paper airplanes onto his desk with suggestions the whole time, however). You know.... stuff like "Phil -- our safeties still suck"
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +1,560 / 5 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    770ß
    That hurt. I think I was the last guy to fall off the Carimi bandwagon.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,987 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,001ß
    No doubt they are, but last year we were a 4-3 UNDER which means that IF Allen wants to play play next to Ratliff and the team stays 4-3 Under then Ratliff is the DT. It also means that we have changed all the starters except NT, Paea.

We also know that there will be SOME 3-4 run, and that there is NO 3-4 NT on this roster right now. I have read multiple sources that disagree w/you that he wasn't dominant nor that he is only a 3-4 0 tech (Walter, NFLDraftGeek, NFL Mocks nationalfootballpost and FFToolbox say he can play both 3-4 and 4-3 and Bleacher Report says he can pay NT in both). All say he's a natural 0 Tech, it's his best fit, but not his ONLY fit.

Inj is a concern, but losing weight and medical exams will either make that an issue or not an issue, we won't know that though, therefore it's merely an assumption.

I'm all for not drafting qb's from FL, for that reason, or "athletes w/high motors" from small schools, but I never discount every player from an entire program. I don't like ND either, but to say that no player will ever be good or all their players will always be over drafted is non sense, even I know FL will eventually hit on a qb and sometimes a small school athelete w/a high motor will make it.

He COULD have a place on this team if they run a 4-3 under front in which he is the 4-3NT and also in for 3-4 NT. Hell I could even make a place for him in the confusion front if you want to switch to a 4-3 Over where it's Allen Nix, Ratliff, Houston an they make a 4-3 look, but move Ratliff to DE and Houston to OLB. For a team willing to think out of the box, there is a place for any athelete.

I'm not saying I want him at 14, I'm pretty sure I've made it clear I'll be happy w/ANY pick at 14, but perfer DB, Dix, Pryor, Gilbert etc, but if the team were to pick Nix I wouldn't hate it either.
  8. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,856 / 6 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,565ß
    I think he has my computer hacked. DON'T DO IT PHIL!!!!! YES TO DIX BUT NO TO NIX!!!!
    • Like Like x 1
  9. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,378 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    784ß
    If I do get to go, I'm gettin' a genuine Larry Mayer autograph.

[​IMG]

The guy is my hero. I never miss reading his stuff.
  10. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,856 / 6 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,565ß
    Yeah, and right on top of me too. Be more careful next time will ya? That hurt. :cry:
  11. Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +1,560 / 5 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    770ß
    The guy that owns
    Larry Mayer’s Carpet Care

in Ranchos Palos Verde, CA? He's actually going to be there? WOW!!!! I've always wanted his autograph. Any chance of getting me a signed piece of stained carpet while you are there? It would be huge. I'd even get a display case for it.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +1,560 / 5 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    770ß
    Next time give me a litte room, wouldja?
    • Like Like x 1
  13. strockrocks

strockrocks Veteran

Ratings:
    +215 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    24ß
    Don't laugh at me but last year, I actually sat down and hand wrote a letter to Emery. I put it in an envelope along with an old Bears ticket from the 80's, sealed it, and put some
    Bears stickers on the envelope. Sent it right to Halas Hall. I basically asked if he could PLEASE fix the O-line and next thing you know.... BAM!! We get Kyle Long.

So, obviously my letter was very helpful and he listened. I guess I just have that skill. I can write another one; please tell me what it should say. He will listen! (ha ha)
    • Like Like x 3
  14. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,856 / 6 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,565ß
    Couldn't. By that point in time you and I were about the only ones in the room who thought trading him was a bad idea.

It was a VERY small room. :rofl2:
    • Like Like x 1
  15. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,856 / 6 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,565ß
    Well of course. That's cause you're a girl. He just shuts the rest of us out and it's getting hard to take. :bah:

PS: If you write tell him not to draft that pork chop eating NT from Notre Dame unless he plans on trading him to the Packers.
  16. Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +1,560 / 5 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    770ß
    LOL,,, seriously? You did too? I thought I was the only one.
  17. 4dabers

Ratings:
    +736 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    81ß
    :rofl2:OK...I'm not laughing AT you, I'm laughing WITH you...no really, I'm WITH you...maybe.:lol3:
  18. 4dabers

Ratings:
    +736 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    81ß
    You guys need to quit hogging all the crow and leave some for the rest (2) of us.
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +1,560 / 5 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    770ß
    LOL. I'd love to, but I seem to grab most of it!
  20. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,856 / 6 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,565ß

Well he was a Badger so............................... sigh. We did alright with Dennis Lick so what can I say except well.....he was no Dennis Lick. (where in the hell is the oops smilie?)