No pressure, but this Sunday is the most important for the Bears

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Henry Burris, Nov 9, 2013.

1. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,429 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    351ß
    Everyone would agree that Aaron Rodgers missing significant time is the best thing for the Lions and Bears, as they vie for first place in the division. As I've said elsewhere, Rodgers' timetable is to get back for the second game against Detroit, having won the first time around. Even if the Packers were to somehow win this weekend, the Bears would own the tiebreakers, and have the most divisional wins going into week 11.

The other aspect of this is that San Francisco and Carolina are playing each other, as well. They are the two non-NFC North teams currently in the hunt for the wild card. A win not only gives us a division lead heading into the easiest 3 game stretch remaining (home against the Ravens, on the road against the Rams and Vikings), and a tie with one or both of the other wild card teams, in terms of wins.
  2. mdbearz

mdbearz Veteran

Ratings:
    +282 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    22ß
    Last week was the biggest game of the season, but now that we actually won, this week could absolutely be the tipping point.

Hope they can figure out a way to slow down Bush (we have always seemed to struggle against him), and double or triple Megatron.
  3. DavidL

DavidL Pro-Bowler SuperFan

Ratings:
    +654 / 5 / -22
    ßearz ßuckz:
    664ß
    Our best defense is our offense. I want to see a lot of long,time-consuming scoring drives from the Bears.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,429 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    351ß
    That's all I've been asking for all season. To prove scoring quickly is stupid, look at the Philadelphia Eagles have scored 25 touchdowns, and average 1:48 in TOP. Their defense sucks, and that's partially because they have the same problem we do (the good thing for us, is that our problem seems to stem from players learning a new system, the Eagles' system, and not players learning the offense, is the problem), crappy defense, and a high powered offense that turns it over too much.
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Hall of Famer

Ratings:
    +1,381 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    494ß
    We have struggled all year against good RBs. Hell, even just decent RBs gouge us pretty good. We have to find a way to stop that because between Bush and Johnson, it's going to be a rough day if the D does not show up.
  6. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,174 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    513ß
    And we simply CAN'T turn the ball over with stupid ints and fumbles. If we don't protect the ball on offense today - we lose.
  7. Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +1,381 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    494ß
    If we end up scoring a TD here at the end, that 3 points Trestman passed on will have cost us the game. If we don't score, its a mute point

Signed,

Captain Obvious
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +1,381 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    494ß
    WOW! McCown did it. We need a 2 point conversion to tie. We would have won with that damn field goal!!! :mad:
  9. Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +1,381 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    494ß
    Why we don't use Bush in the short yardage attempts, I will never know.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +2,174 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    513ß
    We have the Green Bay Packers trying to give us the division championship this year - and we can't beat the Detroit Lions :-(

How sad is that?
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +1,381 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    494ß
    in retrospect, we probably would have won the game if we had played McCown. I still can't believe I typed that. Trestman lost us the game with the FG decision, but he was smart enough to pull JC. Lovie would never have done that.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. a_miljan

a_miljan Veteran

Ratings:
    +275 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    54ß
    trestman and cutler sold us out, very dissapointing, at this point dont want jay resigned. i expected better coaching from trestman, very, very, very bad. amateur like really
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +1,381 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    494ß
    I don't blame Cutler. The guy wanted to play. I blame Trestman for letting him.

And of course, I also blame JA (just in case)
    • Like Like x 4
  14. BearFan51

BearFan51 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    While I agree about Lovie....Trestman wasn't smart enough to pull Jay when he SHOULD have, which was right after the half. He did sell out the team, and lost this game.
  15. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +2,174 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    513ß
    Trestman will learn from this. That's the difference between him and Lovie. Lovie was so bull headed and failed to learn from his mistakes (it made me crazy to watch). Trestman has already shown that he's a guy who admits mistakes and learns from them. Today was just part of the learning curve for Trestman. It is a tough way to learn though. Green Bay is all but handing us the NFC-N division crown this season, but we just blew it today, by losing to Detroit. And being it's our 2nd loss to them, it really hurts us.