Notebook: Bears rookie minicamp, Day One

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by riczaj01, May 17, 2014.

1. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,040 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,300ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    yep unlike Fendi Greenwell and other guys that played in college are used to getting hit so it won't bother him. I'd love to see Fendi succeed, multiple teams have seen the talent he has, but didn't have room to let him develop; but if this group of O coaches cannot get it out of him, I don't think many can/will.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Chicago_66

Chicago_66 Veteran

Ratings:
    +447 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    149ß
    He's in the best position I can imagine. It's an offense brimming with talent with a talented QB running the show and a very smart HC who controls the offense. Trest is going to get the most out of anyone. There's so much talent around Fendi he won't ever have to be the focal point and he's going to have very favorable match-ups. He's also fighting for one of the few openings considering the other positions and has been given the green light. It's do or die for the most part.

3. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Coordinator

Ratings:
    +3,209 / 12 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    3,170ß
    Are you talking about Onobun or Greenwall?

4. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,040 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,300ß
    kinda both BiH, but specifically about Fendi. He was a b-baller transitioned to the NFL, so he's not used to getting hit, and from what I can tell(i'm not at TC so just going off reports) he's a beast, he catches everything, but watching it in pre season it never showed at all, i'm just assuming that is the problem.

5. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,156 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,684ß
    Doesnt like to get hit, Um .... Maybe he should look for a new profession because this is football 101

6. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Coordinator

Ratings:
    +3,209 / 12 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    3,170ß
    gotchya. ok, so you are speculating at that being the reason he does not show up. Hopefully, you are wrong with that, because I've never seen a guy that does not like to get hit all of a sudden jump into the fray. They keep tending to avoid the physicality of the game and you can't do that and be good.

7. dachuckster

dachuckster Veteran
    SuperFan

Ratings:
    +408 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    319ß
    If Fendi played power forward in basketball, he is no stranger to contact. Depending on the level of competition, playing close in to the basket can be very physical. It is not the same as football but it can be pretty violent. So I wouldn't expect him to be shy on hitting/getting hit.

In any event, we'll see soon enough how he performs.

8. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,040 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,300ß
    buddy I played PF in B-Ball, and I played football(nothing more then rec league stuff) but let me tell you, there is a BIG difference it contact in b-basketball, and getting tackled by a guy that wants to remove you from the field. I could play B-Ball every day all summer from 5pm-8-9pm at night and not be sore or hurt from contact, but everytime I played football, even I hurt the next day, even if it was just practice.

something I didn't like seeing in that report was Carey fumbled. Good to hear that he's football fast, even if he's not track fast though. But if he cannot hold on to the ball around a bunch of rookies, then he's going to have trouble finding the field on Sundays.

didn't like hearing that Fales had a funking throwing motion or that he was inaccurate, not what the scouting reports said about him. But did like hearing that he was getting the verbiage correct, might just be his head is swimming w/information, lets hope.

Good to hear that Lynch is looking good out there.

Good to hear that Jones looks the part also, and Hurst looks like he's improving also.

9. Chicago_66

Chicago_66 Veteran

Ratings:
    +447 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    149ß
    Hearing Carey put the ball on the ground was concerning for sure. Perhaps just one of those things and the exception rather than the norm. Wasn't he touted for ball security? Let's hope it was a fluke.

Didn't like hearing that about Fales either. I hope the inaccuracy was, as you said, due to a whirlwind of information. Maybe Trest can go to work on him with that throwing movement, honestly if you can fix that perhaps his arm strength becomes better? I'm not well versed in all things quarterback but "pushing" the ball can't be as effective as the proper motion, can it? Perhaps there's more arm strength there then previously thought? Just a thought.

I think Lynch could provide us with a good power back to complement Forte/Carey if all goes well. How nice would it be to have a 3-headed monster? We'll see, they're both rooks.

10. dachuckster

dachuckster Veteran
    SuperFan

Ratings:
    +408 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    319ß
    I didn't mean it was the same or that BBall is anywhere near to football when it comes to contact or violence. Just that he is used to contact, being pushed around and being knocked down. I also played both sports. I had more head injuries in BBall than I did in football (lost teeth, broken nose, concussion). So BBall can be plenty tought ... especially when you are going to dig out a loose ball.