O-line Starters are pretty much signed. Who fills out the rest of the roster?

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by weneedmorelinemen, Feb 27, 2014.

1. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,022 / 4 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    3,391ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    With this new coaching staff in place, there are two things I'm excited about:

1. Watching Trestman develop a young stud QB in Chicago.

2. Watching Kromer develop youngsters to fill out an offensive line, and contribute there for years to come (I'm not talking about guys like Slauson, Bushrod, but young guys developed here in Chicago, like Mills, Long and the others who will be brought in to complete the project over time).

• Like Like x 2
  2. dachuckster

dachuckster Veteran
    SuperFan

Ratings:
    +414 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    332ß
    +1 on Kromer!

If Mills develops into a solid reliable RT starter for the next 5+ years it bodes really well for what we will be able to do with lower round draft choices and UDFAs.

Every coaching staff has issues and makes mistakes. Hopefully we will see a stable core of 3 or 4 coaches who develop the program for the future.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,729 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    785ß
    Kromer is light years better than the clown school OCs and OL coaches we have had recently, I fully believe that. Problem is, if the Bears have another standout O year, he's almost certainly going to be hired away as a HC for some other team in 2015.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,177 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,747ß
    I was thinking the same thing reading above about how fortunate we are to have a good QB coach and OC / line Coach in Kromer. Not sure he did that well in New Orleans when Peyton was suspended for other teams to chase him for a Head Coach but eventually it will happen. Much like back ups in the players it shows the importance of asst coaches and there ability to backfill positions. Hopefully the true O-line coach under Kromer's Tutelage will be ready to stand on his own when Kromers time comes.

• Like Like x 1