OFFICIAL DRAFT GRADES THREAD-ChiTown Edition

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by ErikKramersGhost, May 3, 2015 at 10:54 PM.

1. ErikKramersGhost

ßearz ßuckz:
    16ß
    Mods, please sticky this.

I thought one thread should serve as a repository for all "2015 Draft Grades" Articles. I will kickstart the thread by posting several articles which I located today. If an article is an "Insider" article (i.e.-McShay'sa and Kiper's final draft grades), just post the Bears draft grade summary, since this is acceptable under the "de minimis" exception to American AND international copyright law (per ISO-9000). Thanks. Anyway, here goes:

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/53887/174/draft-2015-nfc-draft-grades

Chicago Bears

7. West Virginia WR Kevin White
    39. Florida State NT Eddie Goldman
    71. Oregon C Hroniss Grasu
    106. Michigan State RB Jeremy Langford
    142. Penn State S Adrian Amos
    183. TCU OG Tayo Fabuluje

Overview: The Bears' roster is reeling so much from the failed Phil Emery era that they just needed to prioritize adding good football players. Rookie GM Ryan Pace entered Thursday with too many needs to worry about drafting positions. He needs contributors. And I think he came away with a lot of them. White is a monster on the perimeter who can win over the top and turn short catches into long gains. Goldman lacks flash, but is willing to do the dirty work inside and will bolster Chicago's mediocre run defense. I think Grasu provided excellent value in round three and believe he will be a long-term fixture at center. Langford lacks starting-caliber running ability, but should be a useful NFL role player, particularly in the passing game. Amos is exceptionally versatile and could be a starting safety in time. Fabuluje is a dart throw with some upside. Did the Bears fail to address a number of needs? Yes. But I never expected them to solve all of their problems with only six picks. This was a rock-solid first draft for Pace.

Grade: B

• Like Like x 1
  2. ErikKramersGhost

ßearz ßuckz:
    16ß
    http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/5/...-grades-nfc-north-bears-vikings-packers-lions

Chicago Bears
    SB Nation: B+

Mel Kiper Jr.: B+

CBS Sports: C+

Sports Illustrated: B

NFL.com: B

How do you replace Brandon Marshall's size, speed and red zone abilities? Draft West Virginia's Kevin White with the seventh overall pick, that's how. White should be able to slide right in alongside Alshon Jeffery and preserve Jay Cutler's towering wideout duo. The Bears also filled big needs with defensive tackle Eddie Goldman -- who can become the nose guard in John Fox's new 3-4 defense -- and safety Adrian Amos -- who should have an immediate role in a secondary that ranked 30th against the pass last season. It was a bit of a puzzler when the Bears used a fourth-round pick on running back Jeremy Langford a year after picking Ka'Deem Carey in the same round. That pick would have been better invested in an athletic pass rusher, something Fox will need as he makes over the defense.

3. ErikKramersGhost

ßearz ßuckz:
    16ß
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...grades-vikings-defense-looks-ready-to-conquer

Chicago Bears: Given the trade of Brandon Marshall, adding a dynamic receiver like Kevin White certainly makes sense. White comes with some questions considering he was only a dominant player for one season at West Virginia. But his size, strength, speed and ability to win contested passes could make him a favorite of Jay Cutler's immediately and a verifiable NFL star. Defensive-minded head coach John Fox nabbed the two-gapping defensive lineman to help Chicago's adjustment to the 3-4 scheme with Eddie Goldman in the second round and after hitting a home run with former Oregon star Kyle Long a few years ago, the Bears could win big again with highly dependable center Hroniss Grasu in the third round. Safety Adrian Amos flashed at Penn State and may be able to bring some consistency to a trouble spot. Chicago improved in this draft, but where will the pass rush come from?Grade: C-plus

4. ErikKramersGhost

ßearz ßuckz:
    16ß

http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/05/02/2015-nfl-draft-grades-winners-losers#packers

Chicago Bears: B

With Brandon Marshall off to the Meadowlands, picking West Virginia receiver Kevin White was the way to go. White isn't as polished as Amari Cooper, but he's got the potential to be a very special player with his combination of size, speed and the ability to make contested catches. Florida State defensive tackle Eddie Goldman gives the Bears the run-plugger they need in the second round, and Oregon center Hroniss Grasu adds toughness and intelligence to John Fox's offensive line. The obvious need for the Bears was at safety, and the pick of Penn State's Adrian Amos should really help. Amos is a smart player who will ease the diagnostic issues rampant in this secondary under former defensive coordinator Mel Tucker.—DF

5. ErikKramersGhost

ßearz ßuckz:
    16ß
    http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-dr...cos-patriots-packers-giants-steelers-seahawks

Chicago Bears
    1 (7). Kevin White, WR, West Virginia

2 (39). Eddie Goldman, DT, Florida State

3 (71). Hroniss Grasu, C, Oregon

4 (106). Jeremy Langford, RB, Michigan State

5 (142). Adrian Amos, S, Penn State

6 (183). Tayo Fabuluje, OT, TCU

Best pick: Goldman – Obviously White was a good pick, but I love Goldman playing the nose next to someone like Ego Ferguson.

Questionable pick: Langford - Langford is little more than a complimentary player for the Bears and somewhat odd considering they took Ka'Deem Carey in the fourth round last year.

Ryan Pace in his first year in Chicago filled a bunch of the team's top needs and found at least two starters in White and Goldman. White is an upgrade over the departedBrandon Marshall and Goldman is an impactful nose tackle. Grasu should challenge for the starting center job early in his career. Amos was a nice choice as a mid-round pick who could push for playing time. Amos does a lot of things well and he could push players like Brock Vereen and Ryan Mundy for snaps.

6. ErikKramersGhost

ßearz ßuckz:
    16ß
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ft-final-quicksnap-grades-for-nfc-north-teams

Chicago Bears
    Draft pick: WR Kevin White(No. 7 overall), DT Eddie Goldman (No. 39 overall), OL Hroniss Grasu (No. 71 overall), RB Jeremy Langford (No. 106 overall), S Adrian Amos (No. 142 overall), OL Tayo Fabuluje (No. 183 overall)
    Day 1 grade: A
    Day 2 grade: A
    Day 3 grade: B+
    Overall grade: A
    The skinny: The hometown crowd reacted positively to the Bears' first pick, and it wasn't alone. New GM Ryan Pace grabbed a player with arguably the highest upside in the draft.Jay Cutler said goodbye to Brandon Marshall and hello to someone with the potential to be even better in White, which has to make Cutler happy even if the front office might have tried to trade him. Good luck to opposing defenses trying to defend White and Alshon Jeffrey. At times, Goldman was dominant in the middle of Florida State's defense, and John Fox is hoping that happens in the Windy City. Oregon offensive linemen have worked out well for the Bears in recent years, and Grasu should continue that trend.

Bottom line: Nice start for new GM Ryan Pace, landing key fits and players who could have long NFL careers.

7. ErikKramersGhost

ßearz ßuckz:
    16ß
    okay guys, those are all of the articles I was able to locate. I couldn't access Kiper's summary of the Bears draft, since I am not a Insider. If there are any ESPN Insiders out there, however, just copy and his blurb about our team and our team ONLY. Once again, that is covered under the de minimis exception to copyright law. Just add it in a reply below. Thanks, guys. I actually put a lot of work into creating thise for ya'll, so I hope you enjoy.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Coordinator

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,003ß
    Several of these seemed like they questioned taking a RB instead of a pass rusher also. Kind of what I was thinking. I thought we needed that more.

9. JJ-30

JJ-30 Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    166ß
    Some are saying the Bears may not have drafted him to be a RB but look for him to be a CB.

10. jbunch14

jbunch14 Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    185ß
    Oh I think they envision him as a RB, and he was highly productive at MS, and has good measurables to boot. I actually like all of the picks in this draft. I was a little bummed we didn't take a swing at Clemmings, but I think that maybe the front office actually had eyes for Tayo instead. He seems to have a lot of upside, and his tape looks pretty good for a guy his size. Very solid draft.