Ok, had a day to cool off, my thoughts on the Bears situation

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Jimmors, Sep 30, 2013.

1. 4th and 26

4th and 26 George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +488 / 3 / -5
    ßearz ßuckz:
    86ß
    I never got upset or angry over this loss.
  2. DavidL

DavidL Pro-Bowler SuperFan

Ratings:
    +593 / 4 / -17
    ßearz ßuckz:
    218ß
    Why wait? What the heck has McClellin done.? He was shut out against the Lions: zero tackles, zero assists, zero sacks, and they run against him with impunity.

Could my adopted-Bear do any worse? I seriously doubt it. Why not give him a try? Why not find out THIS year what CornWash can do so that Emery can find out whether he can be developed to replace Shea?
  3. Loki

Loki Assault Admin Staff Member

Ratings:
    +3,075 / 13 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    197ß
    Very good introspective, Jimmors.
  4. Bear_40

Bear_40 Rookie

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Nice post. Wish we would have locked up a few of the "can't miss" guys for next year and beyond, but this is a new GM and HC and they really need to go through a season together to see what they have. Well done.
  5. Blue Horse-shoe

Blue Horse-shoe Veteran

Ratings:
    +142 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    51ß
    Your adopt-a-Bear blew what should have been a tackle on Bush's TD run . I bet Shea wouldn't have .
  6. DavidL

Ratings:
    +593 / 4 / -17
    ßearz ßuckz:
    218ß
    I have to check that.
  7. Blue Horse-shoe

Blue Horse-shoe Veteran

Ratings:
    +142 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    51ß
    You can't miss it . But yeah Shea definetly needs to improve .
  8. DavidL

Ratings:
    +593 / 4 / -17
    ßearz ßuckz:
    218ß
    Okay, I found it. Corny was a step or two in the Lions backfield as Bush ran up the middle.My adopted-Bear used his 4.5 speed to peel back and almost catch Bush downfield. That play was not run at Corny. It was primarily the responsibility of the middle of the DL to stop it. Secondarily the LB, and finally the DB's. They all whiffed on him.
  9. zelezo vlk

zelezo vlk Veteran

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    It's after bad days like yesterday that we all just have to sit back, calm down, crack open a cold one, and remember that Green Bay is last in the division.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Mr. Deliverance

Mr. Deliverance Guest

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    We weren't going to go 16-0.

I'm proud to say though that JABF99 and I saw this DET as an easy loss.
  11. Blue Horse-shoe

Blue Horse-shoe Veteran

Ratings:
    +142 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    51ß
    He should have gone low and taken his legs out instead of the arm tackle he tried to make . It was a makeable play and the others might have slowed down a tick thinking he was going to make it . But still bad on them for not being in better position .
  12. jbunch14

jbunch14 Veteran

Ratings:
    +114 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I don't think any told-ya-so is in order. Just like I said yesterday when the sky was falling on everyone's head, just take a breath. It's one loss, to a good team, on the road. I do believe that we may see several of the defensive stalwarts leave in the offseason though, which is going to be a painful thing for all of the fans. Unfortunately we have a glaring young talent problem on the D, and I would imagine that is going to get addresses in the draft this year. I think we do however have a lot of good young pieces on the O now. It's going to be a good season folks, I can feel it!
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Mr. Deliverance

Mr. Deliverance Guest

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    JABF99 and I don't care for your opinion. So zip it and stick it, you whiny little child.
  14. DavidL

Ratings:
    +593 / 4 / -17
    ßearz ßuckz:
    218ß
    He took the wrong angle. A defensive end should at least miss on the side that forces the runner toward the center of the field. Anyway, I hope he gets more playing time this week. It is a wake-up call for McClellin that Tucker is taking a look at CornWash. Works for me.
  15. jbunch14

jbunch14 Veteran

Ratings:
    +114 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Ah, the internet tough guy. Your kind always contribute so much to these forums. At least JABF is level headed and courteous in his discussions.
  16. Mr. Deliverance

Mr. Deliverance Guest

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Are you kidding? I got most of the forum swingin from my nuts every time I blast their Tebow-like Jesus Cutler. They love my posts on here. I love watching the butthurt flow from some of the posters on here, when Mr. D. gets under their skin.
  17. JJ-30

JJ-30 Veteran

Ratings:
    +118 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    12ß
    Ok I get it you wanted us to have a bad OL and only one good WR and just how was that going to give us a winning season. The answer is wasn't. You don't build a team over night.
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,198 / 8 / -7
    ßearz ßuckz:
    86ß
    Our defense sucks...for now. It's gonna get beat up again, in all likelihood, next week, but there is still time for improvement. Losing Melton is a bad thing, but something they can recover from. Peppers has started to emerge for us, and once he gets going, the rest of the line will have it a little easier. I agree on Shea, as of right now. He'll get a few sacks this year, and he's obviously not had enough time in real games to play against the run. He's a smart player, though, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him stepping up later this season.

The offensive line is getting way too little heat for this loss. It was obvious that the crowd noise was affecting communication, and a few of Jay's throws, while thrown into double coverage, were thrown while getting heavily pressured. That's something that affects EVERY quarterback, not just Jay. He had a bad game, just like Stafford was starting to, but Stafford was lucky to have several short distances, and a game plan that relied on high percentage/dink and dunk plays, while Jay was often starting with bad field position and repeatedly having to go long distances in short amounts of time. I'm in no way absolving Cutler for his bad play, but this was a team loss, and will probably be the "blueprint" on how to play against Chicago this season.

A few other things:

Run the ball more. I understand those high percentage passing plays are what build up the QB and o-line's confidence, but use BOTH of your running backs a lot more. Especially when you're playing against a high powered offense like Detroit.

Put Forte in the slot more often. We'll have 2 rb's on the field that can catch at the same time.

I'm glad they were using a 6th Olineman as a blocker on some of the plays, but I've been begging for this to be used a lot more since both Detroit and Chicago proved its effectiveness last year. However, they should try this more often, and with the improved line, they could still try a pass play with only 4 targets.

Oh, and it would be nice if the defense could play closer to the LOS, because a lot of the passes that are working against us are within the first 5-6 yards, but we can't have that because our safeties aren't really showing all that much. Conte is playing mediocre, and Wright just flat out sucks.
  19. a_miljan

a_miljan Veteran

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    20ß
    ur right guys, i see it more calmly now too, 2 of those int were totally unnecesarry, but ok i guess... keeping my fingers crossed against saints!! lets go Bears!
  20. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,444 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    222ß
    wat? only 1 good WR? I don't remember drafting Jeffery and Earl last year did I miss that? And how is it that in a draft w/6-7 or more picks(depending on the year or trading back) means you cannot attack multiple positions? How often do teams take 5 OL to "fix" the line; did I miss something here?