Ok, had a day to cool off, my thoughts on the Bears situation

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Jimmors, Sep 30, 2013.

1. JJ-30

JJ-30

I guess if your Emery it only take one year to fix the O line. And just 2 draft picks not 5. And as far as Jeffery and Bennett go how much time did we get to see them play last year.
  2. riczaj01

riczaj01

Ya if you're Emery and you have a good scouting Dept and make smart FA decisions like letting BU and Roach and Izzy walk and not going for the biggest names, find the lower 1st teir FA guys or 2nd teir FA guys you can fix multiple issues in 1 year.
    I have no doubt he'll be able to fix the DL and the DB's in FA and next years draft. People probably won't like it b/c it's going to be a lot of turnover but that's what's needed right now. The window closed on the 2000's Def team b/c JA and Lovie never cared to develop an O, now Emery fixed the O, but it was a year to late, he'll have to fix the D next, hopefully it won't be a year to late w/the O.
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Blue Horse-shoe

Blue Horse-shoe

The Saints were scary good this week - I don't have a good feeling going into this game . Sure the Bears are no pushovers , but beating this team is gonna be a tall order .
  4. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman

After the first 4 games we are 3-1 ... all hope is lost from here on out.
    ON THE OTHER HAND ...
    Its called gelling.
    You knew we were due for a game like Deeetroit.
    Better to get it done early.
    I put up a thread :
    JCut-Reggie Bush-Deven Hester ...
    That was the game.
    JCut lost it ...Reggie Bush ran it ... Hester didnt return it.
    Lousy field position.
  5. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears

This game against the Saints is coming at a perfect time. Get back on the horse after it threw them off last week. They beat the Saints and they will be riding high in the saddle. (all puns were intended blue Horse shoe)
  6. Blue Horse-shoe

Blue Horse-shoe

I like puns . Well done .
  7. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman

Gentlemen,

I like our chances.
  8. CaptainHookShot

CaptainHookShot

Newb here,
    First time caller long time listener,
    Been reading up on these threads and feel that I have a little bit of a different take on things. I realize it might be a little late to start this but a couple things are nagging at me that I feel I should get off my chest so here goes
    1.) Is the defense as bad as we all feel it is? I know I know, the dline hasn't done shit to prove itself over the last four games and now with Melton out there are some serious questionmarks as to how this will play out over the rest of the season, also, at times the secondary has gotten completely manhandled(Cinci + Pitt). But, even though we can all point to very important offensive plays that lead to victory in the first three games are we forgetting how those possessions initiated? huge stops by the D against the bengals, vikes, and steelers late in the game, multiple stops/turnovers in each game, and multiple stops 3rd and 4th quarter in the lions game that gave us a sliver of a chance. And with the lions they were up against 4 turnovers and terrible field position, 0 for something 3rd downs by the offense...the D did however cause three fumbles, two of which unluckily fell in the lions lap, one for an immediate td. As it stands in my playbook the defense has won two games, the offense won another(with the help of the d), and the offense lost another(with the help of the d). It was very convenient and dramatic that the O was pulling it off in the end, but how much credit do they deserve? The vikes and pitt game should have been over way before they were, the vikes game especially. I guess what I'm getting at is relative to the offense, and not the offensive weapons or individual players or fourth quarter td's because we all know the talent level on the offense right now, has the defense been better or worse than the offense?
    2.) I know the defense has been disappointing, don't think for a second I am getting on here and telling you how good they are...How much do the Bears miss Urlacher? The last couple years I thought Urlacher sucked and I thought most of the muscle bound running backs were just running his ass over. After watching some games without him I realized a couple things...fuckin dude could read an offense, as stupid as I thought he always was he was always in great position, especially for the pass-and so was everybody else b/c of him. His run defense was weaker because he couldn't just butkus people anymore, but at least he was there and would make the tackle even if it looked bad and the back was getting a couple extra yards because they were falling in the wrong/right direction. Really sad Urlacher never got a ring, would've been nice if he took a paycut and played inside linebacker on second down all season and taught briggs some shit but we all knew that wasn't going to happen.
    3.) We know the downside of Jay Cutler, a few picks and a fumble matched with an embarrassing road loss, when do we get to see that upside and how long do we have to wait for it? And don't point me to those 4th quarter comebacks this season because we all know that historically cutler is a shitty 4th quarter qb and I already addressed how much of those games I think the O actually won, I'm talking when does the dude smoke green bay for 5 tds and the defense gets a week off? And how long do we have to wait for that? He has arguably some of the best offensive weapons in the nfl right now. Sure, his offensive system is only a year old but how much of that is cutler's fault, if you want to point to elite qb's who have played in the same system for years, cutler hasn't because inevitably he shits on whatever system he's in, until wala! he's in a contract year and it's gonna take patience and a few years to master.
    If he pulls that shit against gb this year and McCown is his backup next year we're screwed for however long the bears sign him.

Sorry to get on here and rant but alas, I love the bears
  9. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman

Welcome aboard CaptainHookShot !

Why not NOT play long Running ball ? Lets establish the run that keeps Brees off the field.

Heres what we keep forgetting ... 250 yds EASY with Forte -Bush-Ford.
  10. CaptainHookShot

CaptainHookShot

Oh yeah, forgot to mention, I like/love the bears against the saints this weekend. 250 might be a stretch, if we get 200 all purpose between the three it's a W guaranteed. It's hard tho, sometimes all I want to see is pass pass pass, especially with M Bennet and B Marshall on our team but you're probably right, long, hard drives culminating in exciting td's is the only way to beat brees and give the D a break. They won't be going 3 and out like they were in Detroit, however they play it, not at home at least.
  11. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman

I'd put the three in rotation from snap one and let them get their wheels greased.
    Lets see what N.O. has to stop that.
    Just when you think you have Forte/Bush caught in the backfield you let loose Ford.
    Between the three of them if they cant keep N.O. offense off the field then what the hell are we paying them for ?
    This is a home game ... Soldiers wants to see running and lots of it.