Okay, I am officially altering my prediction

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by BradMustersGhost, Sep 9, 2013.

1. BradMustersGhost

BradMustersGhost Veteran

Ratings:
    +353 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    307ß
    ...I had counted the Eagles game as a "W", but after seeing the Chubby Chipster's offense against the Skins, I am now counting the Eagles game as a loss. HOPEFULLY we improve on D, but there is no way that the D I saw yesterday against the Bengals, will slow down this Eagles Offense. The KEY to defeat Vick has ALWAYS been to effectively blitz/pressure him. That is also the key to stopping Kelly's high-powered Oregon offense. Yesterday, our defense couldn't pressure Dalton at all, so I now have to give us an "L" against Philly.

HOWEVER, the Giants apparently stink, so I am changing the "L" I had against the Giants into a "W."
  2. BearJim

BearJim Veteran SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +157 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    45ß
    I wouldn't take the Giants lightly. They turned the ball over 6 times but still scored 31 pts. If they don't beat themselves that offense is lethal. As far as the Eagles go they do look impressive on offense. We don't play them until week 16 so both teams will have plenty of tape on each other. You never know how a season is going to go, injuries, etc, but it should be a very interesting game BMG.
  3. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,534 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    534ß
    2 1/2 things:

1) While Jay Cutler and Michael Vick are both injury prone (save it, they are, and everyone knows it), Trestman's offense has obviously been built around PROTECTING THE QUARTERBACK. While Vick looks good and all, Chip Kelly's offense puts Vick at a greater chance to continue his annual injury streak.

2a) It's just one game. The Bills beat the Patriots 31-0 in the 2003 season, yet the Patriots went on to win the Super Bowl
    2b) Week 1 is almost always full of aberrations, and to go one step further, the first month is generally beneficial to teams with lesser talent. The big dogs almost always start to separate themselves a little past the midway point (the ones in **** divisions will have elevated win levels)

Point being, while we KNOW what Trestman and Kelly are wanting to do with their offenses, the NFL is so unpredictable, that we should just enjoy it week-by-week, because the waters are still very muddy.
  4. BradMustersGhost

BradMustersGhost Veteran

Ratings:
    +353 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    307ß
    excellent point, HenryBurris. I am just so JACKED UP that the season is here, I guess I can't help but look forward to future games!
  5. JPosh2012

JPosh2012 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +86 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Remember we are playing the Eagles late, while they we're impressive tonight the question is how tired/fataiged will they be come Week 16? That could work into our favor. Running 77 plays is A LOT of plays.
  6. Xa0sG0rilla

Xa0sG0rilla Veteran

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    23ß
    Also, a key to the success of the offense that the eagles run is getting those conversions. While they have a lot of talent, teams will be tackling better as the season progresses. I expect the effectiveness of Kellys' offense to regress as the season progresses. Most notably against the better defenses.
  7. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,760ß
    Meh, it was the first look anyone had at that new offense. By the time the season is half over teams will find some flaws in it. I'm not saying they won't be tougher than they have been but pro defenses have a way of catching up with college offenses before too long. Even the read option boys are starting to haul in their horns a bit now that the NFL has declared then to be RBs when they have the ball and are no longer under the protection of QB rules.
  8. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +683 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    390ß
    It will be interesting offense but I do believe there are more games that must be played in the NFL compared to college. So I agree Vick's health will be determining factor. So I wonder if they are taking odds in Vegas on what week Vick gets knocked out.
  9. short faced bear

short faced bear Assistant Head Coach DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,228 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    145ß
    I think the offense can keep surprising well into the second half of the season. Tendencies haven't been set in stone as well as formations and plays. Add in player development and a few wrinkles and I still think the O will be hard to read. With a few wrinkles from the D and more solid ST play it's a nice position to be in for once.
    • Like Like x 1