Okay ,... so who's peaking down the road ?

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Nakoma1, Sep 12, 2013.

1. Nakoma1

Nakoma1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    YUP Sooooooooo I told myself before training camp even started ,... I 'm going to follow this season one game at a time

and so far I'm liking it,...Yeah I was a little nervous there in the early goings ,.. BUT the D did something it's done for years come up a few stops ,... What was even better the O Punched it in,... TWICE even.

The Bears posted a come from behind win,... A pretty darned good decent effort to say the least for the new HC and his team

AND NOW here I am looking at the schedule,... hmm we have the Queens,.... OMG ,...WTF???

Can it be ??? ... Dare I take the peak past the Vikings figuring a strong chance of the Bears winning at home ,... after all the Bears did split with the Queens last season yas know and the D looking as loose as they did,.. did only surrender 63 yards rushing last week ,..and then there's Ponder,,WHO is no where near as crisp as Dalton is WHICH just so happens brings me to this game,... Packers go to Cincy after they play the skins this week hmmmmm
    And well
    then there's the Steelers ,.... who happened to lose there starting center for the season ,.. which better explains them losing week 1 ,....

Dare I say it ?? Can it be Oh Coach Trestman do your stuff go ahead,.... GET BALLSY ,...

Can Da Bears be sniffing at a shot of 3- 0 here hmmmm,... Smells real good from here

Whats even better ,.....the Packers situation isn't looking so rosy,..with them having to go to Cincy after playing the Skins in Lameblow this week .....

Okay ,... thats it... I won't peak any further

SMACK IT ON UP ,.... SLAP IT AROUND ,...we're all thriving to see this team excel,...and pretty much foaming at the mouth being all jacked,... pumped ,..etc ,etc ,etc to see things happen.

A week-and-a-half-peak here ,... isn't so bad ;) It is rather encouraging though ,.. I like Da Bears chances here
    Good Day
  2. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,474 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    270ß
    I'll start peaking down the road after game 4 and seeing where the team is at, and how they've looked in those 4 games.
  3. Nakoma1

Nakoma1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I hear ya ric ,...

and in all honesty I didn't know what to expect this past week, but even still at 4 games,... 6 games played etc, etc etc ,. there is that ANY given Sunday effect I do believe in
    I am VERY pleased with how they won Sunday and can't say I'm not jacked especially in how the cards are falling .

Cincy isn't one of the slouch teams ,.... it is a saaaaweeet situation that is lining up for Our beloved though ....
  4. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +2,474 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    270ß
    Nope it's one of the best wins I've seen this team have in a long time, 1) against a legit opponent, 2) kept fighting to come back 3) came back in the 4th to take the lead and win.
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Nakoma1

Nakoma1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:

SO honestly now,.... can ya really blame anyone for peaking ??? ;)
  6. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +2,474 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    270ß
    wanna peak feel free, but I'm not...not after 1 game, and I doubt after 2 or 3.
  7. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,218 / 8 / -7
    ßearz ßuckz:
    117ß
    I'm looking at:

Minnesota @ Chicago, which had better be a win, lest our defense forget how to tackle entirely
    Chicago @ Pittsburgh, a team everyone is picking to miss the playoffs this year
    Chicago @ Detroit, a crap team with a good QB with a horrible record against winning teams (1-25, at one point. You can't even compare that to Lovie Smith) and a defense that hasn't shown anything impressive.

then we are at home for the Saints and Giants games, but I'm only looking ahead 3 games. If we win convincingly against Minnesota, we will most certainly be favorites in those other 2 games. After all four of our first games, we should have an idea if they are who we thought they were.
  8. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,218 / 8 / -7
    ßearz ßuckz:
    117ß
    I agree with ya, sort of. If we beat Minnesota, Pittsburgh is so decimated by injury, it'd be hard to pick against us, and I can't imagine the Lions game being too tough for the Bears.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. BearsWin

BearsWin Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Wow, everyone dismissing the Lions? I haven't bought all of the national hype that (for the 4th year in a row) this is the year for them to challenge for the division! But, they won last week, are favored on the road this week and they still have a talented d-line, right? They have a history of giving us a good game in Detroit. I just want to win against Minny, then go on to the Pitt. I guess I am still one game at a time.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +2,474 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    270ß
    Ya the Bush sining was really smart by them. When teams have to worry about CJ and one of their TE's, it makes it hard to fill the box to stop Bush; and if he gets past the DL and motors up he's hard to catch. And that D might have wholes, but it can still get to your QB
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,218 / 8 / -7
    ßearz ßuckz:
    117ß
    Not really, just saying if we DID end up 2-0, we both played one of the same opponents, and the Bears have a good team beaten, while the Lions have the Cards and Vikes. The Lions ARE def. scarier with Bush back there, and as Ric pointed out, it's gonna be hard for any defense to double CJ and keep 8 men in the box.
  12. DavidL

DavidL Pro-Bowler SuperFan

Ratings:
    +601 / 4 / -17
    ßearz ßuckz:
    276ß
    Remember, we started 7-1, but then what happened? Injuries are such a key part of the game, it is silly to predict anything after week #1. Having said that, I am optimistic. I just want to see a better pass rush -- at least 2 sacks on Ponder. I also want to see Major Wright get his butt over there quicker on deep passes. He was WAY late on AJ Green. He should have been focused on Green like a laser.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +2,474 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    270ß
    True that David, that's why I'm not worried about GB at all. Way to much could change between now and week 9.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. shark86x

shark86x Pro-Bowler SuperFan

Ratings:
    +484 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    57ß
    Well, not to be a "RichardHead", but I'm going to be one... I HOPE the Bears are PEAKING down the road....Meaning they haven't PEAKED yet...

As far as PEEKING down the road, like I hope the Bears are, I'm taking this season one game at a time... but it always seems to be the peckers that are the games we end up peeking ahead to. Those and 1 or 2 of the outside the division games. And yes, I am dismissing the Lions and the vikes. The only thing I worry about the lions is whether Suh will make a dirty hit and permanently injure one of our best players.
    • Like Like x 3
  15. A-11

A-11 Veteran

Ratings:
    +74 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Even the best projection ahead of 3-0 does not get you into the playoffs. Long season ahead, and like Shark mentioned I hope the Peak comes into view down the road (like next season, hopefully =P).

For me:
    Cutler is blocking the view. Far as getting the needed points and reducing turnovers too much is tied to Jay's fate. I'm not a quarterback fan in general, but I can't deny that it is the position most crucial to success, and this applies to every team. What I've seen so far in Jay is a player with elite talent who isn't. He has only performed at an elite level intermittently. Cutler is a good quarterback regardless IMO, and you can debate all the various reasons on how or why he became the gun slinging tackling dummy he became BUT... Where is he now with another staff and different players/planning? Where is he going?

Defense has some questions marks also, I believe the line will be the strength of the D, but I'm still waiting to see it. I love our secondary but how deep does the roster go? Every team has question marks and one game is not enough to give adequate definition.

P.S. I would not sleep on the Lions, I think they have the talent and I know that is nothing new. Reggie if his thumb isn't twisted off is a new upgrade of note, and Joique Bell has shown he is more than capable and will be used. They'll still sling the ball, but the run game seems like a nice little gift for Calvin.
  16. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,845 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    98ß

I have made a promise to myself to not look past this first Super Bowl win in February. I am hoping the NFC Championship game is a home game for us though......I worry about that a bit. It's important that we end up with the best record to keep home field advantage until the Super Bowl.

I'm trying really hard not to look too far ahead. Only 1 Super Bowl win at a time. Even though I'm hoping we fill up that Halas Hall trophy case with several Lombardi Trophies during the Marc Trestman era.

Don't peak down the road - at least not too far past the first 5 Super Bowl victories...

[​IMG]
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Nakoma1

Nakoma1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:

I hope those 5 are on top of the one they have already won
    • Like Like x 1
  18. 4dabers

4dabers Veteran DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +638 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    23ß
    LOL, I was gonna go there, but I thought better of it. But hey...somebody has to say it, right. I recall my son peeking in my bedroom when I was about to peak with my wife. It probably goes without saying that his little peek pretty much killed my peak.