On a more positive note, how do we match up against the upcoming Bills?

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by JustAnotherBearsFan99, Aug 24, 2014.

1. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99
    Expand Collapse
    Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    5,287ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    Thankfully we have the first regular season game coming soon and we can move on from the preseason turmoil. Does anyone follow the Bills at all and can tell us about the upcoming game matchup? It sure would be great to come out with a solid win in that first regular season game. I think it would placate us fans, and the players would get some momentum at the start of their regular season. Our second game against the SF 49ers will be a good measuring stick for our team this season, but it's that 1st Bills game that may set the tone for us. I'm hoping in a good way.

Anyone know much about this year's Bills team?

2. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston
    Expand Collapse
    Assistant Head Coach
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,960ß
    Haven't followed them in the preseason (I pretty much have Bears tunnel vision), but feel like we should win that game. We sure need to based on the bulk of the first half schedule.

We need to start scoring on offense and stop being as confused and tentative on defense. I have that game as a win. If we don't, I'd have to rethink how many games we will win.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. riczaj01

riczaj01
    Expand Collapse
    DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,154ß
    Well we matched up well against Philly and the Jags(b/c ya know pre season is an indicator) but poorly against Sea, so unless the Bills are in the area of the Seahawks the Bears should be fine.

• Like Like x 1
  4. strockrocks

strockrocks
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    108ß
    I have no facts to back this up; just a friend and an eyeball test.

We watched the Bills vs. TB yesterday together (the first half). For those that didn't watch the game, and immediately came to positive conclusions about Tampa (they were up 17-0 or so at the half), I find that impossible to do. Both offenses looked TOTALLY horrendous. The only reason TB scored was off turnovers and Josh had really good field position.

EJ Manuel seems to be regressing a bit, as the starting unit on the Bills haven't scored a TD this entire preseason (or something close to that). The fans were starting to get restless yesterday and the boos were already starting. After watching the Bears vs. Seattle the night before, and as bad as the defense looked, I would honestly say we are closer in talent to the Seahawks than either the Bills or the Bucs.

Didn't see Watkins play as his ribs are hurting.

Bears should win this game as they are playing at home and I have little faith that EJ fricking Manuel can drive down the field multiple times in a row. He's looked that bad. Spiller is good but I'm not as concerned about the running game as much as other issues.

Bills defense should be pretty good but not overly concerned.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. little bear

little bear
    Expand Collapse
    Head Coach

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,365ß
    This is a must-win game. I only watched the highlights on NFL.com, but I can tell you that their offense looks like crap. Really makes you wonder why Buffalo didn't take a QB early in the draft, Manuel clearly isn't the answer.

They do have weapons on both sides of the ball, but they are likely to miss the playoffs for the 15th straight year. So it shouldn't be a problem at all.

I am more concerned about week 2 against SF. Sunday night on national tv at brand new Levi's stadium, I expect the 49ers to kick our asses. Kaepernick will destroy our mediocre defense and Cutty probably will throw a couple of INTs.

If we lose both games, you can kiss the playoffs goodbye. However game one is a win, trust me.

6. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    677ß
    Buffalo could be the worst team in football it's going to be them or Oakland. EJ Manuel is downright horrendous if the Bears don't destroy Buffalo it will be a long season for the Bears.

• Like Like x 1
  7. butkus3595

butkus3595
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,353ß
    I got two guys on the bills right now. The QB isn't accurate. They have depth and skill at the running back position, Watkins is legit at wr. They had Chris Williams starting at left guard. Defensively they are pretty solid, but they have some new faces in the defensive backfield. We should win this game.

• Like Like x 2
  8. MPbears68

MPbears68
    Expand Collapse
    Hall of Famer

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,336ß
    One of the saving graces for Tucker to get the D tuned up is that we open in RS against one of the most inept offenses in the NFL. Buffalo is BAD on O. Manuel sucks and was way over-drafted (maybe Shea and him can open a joint Facebook fan club page) and the they mortgaged the farm to draft Watkins this year since they have zero offensive weapons around him. Even though he's a rookie, I'd double him because he's pretty much it.

Buffalo has a good D but overall is a weak team so if the Bears can't beat them at home its going to be a long year.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston
    Expand Collapse
    Assistant Head Coach
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,960ß
    If we don't beat the Bill, I will be very surprised AND concerned for how many games we will win this season. This game should be as much a gimme as any game can be in the NFL.

10. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99
    Expand Collapse
    Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    5,287ß
    This then could be the perfect opportunity for us. It's a notch above preseason, but an extremely weak opponent. Confidence seems to be a factor with winning teams and our team could use a confidence boost in this first game of our season. We don't have to bury the Bills, but just execute a better game and move on from the Seattle loss.

p.s. I realize we still have the 4th PS game to play, but the starters won't play much (or at all) in that game, so this Bills game is the first biggie on the radar now.

• Like Like x 1