One Week To Opener; Bears Still Don't Have It Together..........

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by soulman, Aug 31, 2014.

1. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    Who are the 7 they lose too? I can only see 6 teams having a legitimate shot at beating them if they lose to the others this team will lose much more then 7. I'm talking if majority of the major players staying healthy if major injuries occur that changes everything just like any team.

• Like Like x 1
  2. MPbears68

MPbears68
    Expand Collapse
    Hall of Famer

Yeah I'm not negative on the schedule at all. Theres a fair mix of opponents in there.

SF has had a horrible off- and pre-season. I'd far rather play them on the road then Seattle which Green Bay has to.

Dallas is a dumpster fire, especially on D. If Romo's back doesn't hold out, they're a dumpster fire all around. Way rather play them then Philly.

Carolina gave away their only WR worth having. And Cam is ding'd up. Hardy will be suspended. Major step back there.

Fairley is too fat to hold onto his job and Raji so out for the season. The Jets have major injury issues in the secondary and Milliner has been a disappointment thus far. Atlanta lost their starting LT for the year on an OL that was horrendous last season. Buffalo has nothing on O and their DROY MLB is IRd. Tampa has an OL that may make the Bears 2011 version look decent by comparison.

We aren't the only team with question marks by a long shot.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston
    Expand Collapse
    Assistant Head Coach
    DBS Writer

Article sounds reasonable to me. Unless one is not open to the PS being a preview of the season.

4. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston
    Expand Collapse
    Assistant Head Coach
    DBS Writer

There is no doubt in my mind that they are fixable. I also don't think we have the people in place that know how to fix them. Maybe not on ST because the talent that Joe has been picking is not so good, but the D has the talent to do better than it has.

5. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston
    Expand Collapse
    Assistant Head Coach
    DBS Writer

I'm also on the "4 game" Tucker plan. So far, he has not shown he will do well. He does have 50% of the teams that are not very strong, but he also had teams in the PS that he should have done better against. We'll see.

6. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99
    Expand Collapse
    Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

And this is with a healthy defense. When the inevitable injuries hit (hopefully not as bad as last year) it will be even worse. Some have said it's due to the guys coasting and not trying in the preseason, and they'll turn it on in the regular season. Kind of a "Camp Lovie" thing. I've thought about this the last couple of days, but in my heart I know it's not that. Nobody is "playing possum" here. No conspiracy theories either. I think it's just a simple case of the defense not being very good.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. dabears70

dabears70
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

The defensive line will be one of the better D-Lines in the entire league and i think our corners will hold their own. We all know the problem will be with our LBers and safeties but if Briggs can still be above average and DJ Williams can do his job of stopping the run and Mundy can play a decent SS and if Conte can come back and stay healthy........then we can be a top 15 defense. Now i realize that's a whole lot of if's but i don't think that's anything unreasonable.

• Bear Down! Bear Down! x 1
  8. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99
    Expand Collapse
    Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

I agree with you though. We'll know a lot more after a few games. I'm hoping for the best.

9. GermansbombedPH

GermansbombedPH
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

maybe it is just me, but Haugh has nothing else to write about... Real season can't start soon enough. You can go 0-4 in preseason and still end up with a 16-0 record

• Like Like x 1
  10. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99
    Expand Collapse
    Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

His point wasn't our preseason record, but rather how bad the team looks. In fairness to Haugh, we do look pretty rough right now.