OTC MOCK

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by BSBEARS, Apr 22, 2014.

1. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +737 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    700ß
    http://fanspeak.com/ontheclock/

Not much left to do all the analysis has been rehashed. Wanted Quarles in 3 but he was gone. I see 3 to 4 starters by years end and projects in Aikens and L Thomas. Upgraded depth and TE, do not see Onobun improving much after 4 yrs or however long he has been in the league. Possibility for a 2 te set.

upload_2014-4-22_6-26-39.png
    • Like Like x 2
  2. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,966 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    972ß
    I think the draft couldn't fall much better for the Bears. you get 2 guys that can probably start at S in the next 2 years, 1 this year, DT is at least rotationable this year, got a ILB thatcan be depth, same w/qb/cb/te.
  3. little bear

little bear Assistant Head Coach

Ratings:
    +810 / 1 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    701ß
    VIEW EACH TEAM'S DRAFT
    DT AARON DONALD

PITTSBURGH
    S DEONE BUCANNON

WASHINGTON STATE
    DE TRENT MURPHY

STANFORD
    CB PIERRE DESIR

LINDENWOOD
    QB TAJH BOYD

CLEMSON
    RB STORM JOHNSON

UCF
    TE XAVIER GRIMBLE

USC
  4. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +2,966 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    972ß
    LB's just don't fall well for the Bears in this draft
    YOUR TEAM
    CHICAGO BEARS
    YOUR PICKS
    R1
    CB JUSTIN GILBERT
    OKLAHOMA STATE
    R2
    S JIMMIE WARD
    NORTHERN ILLINOIS
    R3
    DT KELCY QUARLES
    SOUTH CAROLINA
    R4
    TE C.J. FIEDOROWICZ
    IOWA
    R5
    ILB JORDAN ZUMWALT
    UCLA
    R6
    QB LOGAN THOMAS
    VIRGINIA TECH
    R6
    S BROCK VEREEN
    MINNESOTA
  5. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +450 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    58ß
    And I have a feeling thats just how it may turn out for us. We have other needs and it may pan out that we don't get a guy at the right value. No need to reach, if its not to be this year then we will just have to go with what we have and or camp cuts.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +450 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    58ß
    Really like this mock. Even if Dix doesn't fall to us, you could swap him with Pryor who will be there and its still a very nice draft.
  7. a_miljan

a_miljan Veteran

Ratings:
    +291 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    96ß
    this is good, real good. only problem i s DT is late, but we cant have it all I guess
  8. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +450 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    58ß
    That's what it will come down to. We cant fill all our needs (I include RB2 QB2 ILB2 TE2 in those needs) with all blue chip players. At some positions, we will need to go value hunting later.
  9. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +2,966 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    972ß
    ya and if it's not lb it will be somewhere else, rarely is a draft going to work for the team perfectly.
  10. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +450 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    58ß
    Yep exactly, come next year there will be a small scramble to fill a position we didn't with youth. Could be CB, DT, QB, RB, ILB,...any of them really. We haven't drafted strong enough in the past to be able to take luxury picks and pure value picks. That should be the end goal to having a team that can win multiple championships.
  11. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,354 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    745ß
    I really really like that one. I'd croak if we were able to bring those guys in for this year, I'd be so happy. I don't think my old heart could take it :-)
  12. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +2,966 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    972ß
    Grizz, 100% agreed, we very well could be drafting w/the same priorities as last year minus 1 or 2 "needs".
  13. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +450 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    58ß
    Until we start not missing on first rounders, and finding quality in the middle and end of the draft consistently we will always be handcuffed to one or two positions early. You look back at how much "busted" picks effect the position we are in now.

Hardin. Emery's worst pick to date really hurt. We could have a quality safety OR CB now in his 3rd year if he turned out as advertised. Emery bailed us out on JA's Carimi bust by finding a starter in the 5th last year, but had that not happend we would very likely be looking at taking a RT this year at 14.

Bottom line, we need more Mills picks and less Hardin picks. We need more Long picks and less Shea picks. We have all touted our favorite players and positions for going on two months now. Ya know what? I'm to the point of not caring who is drafted where I just want quality through the draft. I'm sick and tired of being handcuffed to a position or two every draft. Emery would have to 'draft the lights out' so to speak in order to get us to where we want to be next year, and we would have to have luck with guys we have. We will never enter a draft with no needs and just go BPA every round, I just want to see us with limited needs so strong that we are absolutely handcuffed to it and we end up reaching at some point. This is an important draft for Emery and the Bears, I honestly think it may define the 2-3 year outlook of this team. If he gets us a starter, a rotational guy/mid season starter, and 2-3 youth depth guys that can develop for a year or two into reliable players I'll be happy.
  14. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +2,354 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    745ß
    What amazes me when I do those OTC drafts is that there are some really solid OL available in that 3rd and 4th round area. It's a shame we have so many dire needs that we can't grab one of them this year. If Emery can get the roster healthy this year on defense, I'd love to see the guy take a rock-solid OL in this area of the draft in future years.......I'm talking about 1 player a year for a few years. The problem is if Kromer is gone, we may not have the coaching to do anything with these guys. I "get it" that for every Kromer in the league, you have several Mike Tice-level coaches. I just hope that when Kromer leaves we don't go back to the Dark Ages with pitiful OL coaching.
  15. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +450 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    58ß
    IMO there should be a OL player taken every draft. I'll give a pass to this one given the position we are in, but I agree we need to keep adding youth because that truly is the engine that drives your offense.
  16. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +2,354 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    745ß
    I keep thinking about how valuable it is to have Kromer here in Chicago. To me, he's a precious commodity - and with our history of horrific offensive lines in Chicago, he's a priceless commodity.

Absolutely priceless.

The guy for years has made Pro Bowl offensive linemen out of guys you'd never dream could be anything special. I figure he's gone after this year. The thought of that happening makes me sick. Seriously.
  17. latorreedgar

latorreedgar Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:

DT AARON DONALD
    PITTSBURGH

DE STEPHON TUITT
    NOTRE DAME

S DEONE BUCANNON
    WASHINGTON STATE

QB ZACH METTENBERGER
    LSU

RB JAMES WHITE
    WISCONSIN

S TY ZIMMERMAN
    KANSAS STATE

C RUSSELL BODINE
    NORTH CAROLINA
  18. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +2,966 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    972ß
    Lato, good draft, hard to pass on Tuitt if he's there, even if you do go Donald in the 1st. Do have to question the C pick since the team just brought in a probable replacement to Garza though.
  19. latorreedgar

latorreedgar Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Yeah but both Centers on our team right now are here on one year deals. So they will need one next year and this year would be great to develop that player.
  20. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +2,354 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    745ß
    I just ran this one:

upload_2014-4-22_12-45-4.png

I could live with this one. I know folks will not like drafting two DT's. FWIW, I like every one of these players a lot - including picking Logan Thomas with our last pick. I'd love to see what Trestman can do with him at QB. I'd also love to see TE Gilmore playing for us.