Our Rookie Offensive Linemen

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Grizzblue, Aug 15, 2013.

1. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +597 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    276ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    I did not get to see much of the game tonight. The very limited plays of the number ones that I did see Long and Mills both seemed to be holding their own. I was excited by this but my DvR didn't record the game for some reason and I wanted to get the feel from people who were watching them. I'm pissed because I was looking forward to seeing them play, but at any rate how did the look as a whole? What is your opinion on them and their futures?

2. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,726 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    780ß
    Ric, still think Long isn't starting week 1??? I doubt it.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2013
  3. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,040 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,300ß
    Depends, that was hardly Carolina's OL or Cincy's. Long and Mills both looked real solid though, they'll start but you better bet that Cincy is not going to just man up on Mills and Long, it won't be a vanilla D, and if these two get confused Cutler is the one that will be paying for it.

4. Xa0sG0rilla

Xa0sG0rilla Veteran

Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    29ß
    Someone on the right side of the line got overwhelmed early in the game, but both Long and Mills battled back against the chargers' ones later in the quarter. This was more noticeable in the run game. Seemed a bit like the left side was better pass pro, the right side was better run blocking. Given the vanilla nature of the preseason though, I'm reluctant to read too much into this as of yet.

• Like Like x 1
  5. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,040 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,300ß
    Xa0s, that's my biggest fear, and the Chargers hardly have a dominant DL compared to Carolina(last week) and Cincy(reg season wk 1). Cincy will not just go man up on the RT if it's two rookies. They'll blitz and stunt the hell out of them. And, again no one ever denied Long's physical ability, it's his experience that is going to be an issue he'll have not seen what Cincy is going to do, let alone the speed at which they'll do it.

6. BlackDiamond

BlackDiamond Assistant Head Coach

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    13ß
    I've only watched the first half, but I think they look good. Long can really get to the second level quick.

In other news, Bushrod is an animal.

• Like Like x 1
  7. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,726 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    780ß
    Long is starting opening day. You can book it now. Doesn't mean he won't have gaffes and bad plays as he learns, he will. But Long is the week 1 starter case closed. No way you sit a guy with his athletic ability merely because he's "raw" in favor of a 2nd year small school udfa who's only slightly less raw. No way.

• Like Like x 4
  8. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,726 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    780ß
    I noticed that too. And Mills acquitted himself fairly well for a rookie who's barely practiced yet with the 1s. The door to Webb's departure (or at least benching) just creaked open a few more inches.

• Like Like x 2
  9. zelezo vlk

zelezo vlk Veteran

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Yeah...Cincy has what may be the best line in all of football. I'd hardly use them as an example, because almost every O line will need help against them. That San Diego front 7 isn't much to scoff at anyways. Trent Dilfer seemed to love Long's play.

10. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,726 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    780ß
    Long showed tonight why he needs to be the starter, rawness and all.

• Like Like x 1