Our Rookie Offensive Linemen

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Grizzblue, Aug 15, 2013.

1. soulman

soulman
    Expand Collapse
    Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,935ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    Prior to this year I'd say the was true but he's not running as high as used to. He's using more body lean and leg drive on contact. Now maybe it was the lack of an initial running lanes before that caused that I don't know. But with this zone scheme he's got some inside lanes, he's got the right kind of blocking for a change, and he's taking advantage.

And after watching the 58 yard burst with that pitch I'd say he's picked up some top end speed too. Had he not broken stride avoiding that tackler nobody would have caught him. Once he got control of that toss he looked like he was shot out of a gun. To me he looks like a more complete back than he's ever been before. He's hungry and it shows.

I'll also add that Bush it a real motherfrocker running with the ball. He'll get you two yards when there's no hole at all and turn two yard gainers into four and five yards gains just by carrying guys with him and moving the pile. He's a bull and I sure as hell hope they take advantage of that this year. He's very valuable compliment to Forte.

2. soulman

soulman
    Expand Collapse
    Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,935ß
    Good point. In a WCO those OTs have to fire off and get a hand punch in and keep the penetration to minimum of there'll be no passing lanes to get rid of the ball through and still no time to get it off. That messes everything up. I didn't see that first series so I don't know exactly what happened but it must have been pretty ugly.

• Like Like x 1
  3. CNYBearFan54

CNYBearFan54
    Expand Collapse
    Rookie
    SuperFan

ßearz ßuckz:
    31ß
    I'd like to see the team come out and execute a run play for the first play of a game. I feel like that can set the tone to get your O-Lineman to really lay a smack on somebody early, then get them ready for a pass attempt!

4. BearJim

BearJim
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    115ß
    It's amazing how much a difference being healthy makes. Bush looks quick & powerful. Lets hope they can both stay healthy Soul. The difference between Forte having a Pro Bowl year or just a decent year is him staying healthy.

5. Nakoma1

Nakoma1
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    LONG's looking like an ANIMAL IN PROGRESS ! ! ! !! YUP

6. JPosh2012

JPosh2012
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    Tice couldn't develop anyone to save his life let alone in a year.

I did watch a bit of the game and Long looked decent. Does he have work to do? Yes but he looked solid.

7. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    694ß
    After his failed pick of Carimi I think Tice used up all his NFL coaching prospects. Carimi is on the 2nd line in Tampa and he allowed a sack last game.

8. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston
    Expand Collapse
    Assistant Head Coach
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,991ß
    Did he? I've been trying to keep track of him. They were really talking him up when he got there. I've got a feeling he is going to be a good player. But yeah, I read he was not going to be able to beat the guy in front of him. The guy seemed to be pretty good.

9. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    694ß
    I watched Carimi last game and tried comparing his play to Mills and all I can say is WOW. Emery must have scouts that know more than the average bear. Because Mills is way more advanced to where he should be at this stage or he's just darn lucky on his blocks at this point. Or is Long like MJ who makes other people around him that much better?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston
    Expand Collapse
    Assistant Head Coach
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,991ß
    I am glad to hear this. I was looking at Carimi as a big loss for us. This is good news.