P Mannelly retiring

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by strockrocks, Jun 20, 2014.

1. JJ-30

JJ-30 Veteran

Ratings:
    +167 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    56ß
    Few players will be missed as much as he will.
    • Bear Down! Bear Down! x 1
  2. Bear_40

Bear_40 Veteran

Ratings:
    +36 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    40ß
    A class act, a role model on the field and off it as well. Never screwed up and just did things right. He will be missed. A great Bear. Thank you and enjoy a well deserved retirement.
  3. tbear1

tbear1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +204 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    156ß
    Too bad for us, but good he retired while still one of the best. No sour memories on his exit.
  4. strockrocks

strockrocks Veteran

Ratings:
    +218 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    26ß
    I forgot that he married his high school or college sweetheart and her dad is the actual Tommy John! Pretty weird.

I also like when he was talking about his senior year at Duke when they were deciding what to do. Mannelly says something along the lines of... my coach said I could possibly be a long snapper in the NFL and the girlfriend says, "That's a job?"

That was awesome reading that.
    • Like Like x 2
  5. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,760ß
    I think most Bears fans felt the same way before Mannelly came along. I know I did. Pat Mannelly made it far more than just a job. He made it a position of honor and importance with the Bears. I can't recall the last time I ever worried about a botched snap on a punt or a FG. I remember watching some of his vids on his website and thinking if our QBs were only as accurate passing as he was snapping our troubles would have been over.

My guess is that fans of other teams still don't get the importance of these guys playing LS but for years Bears players and fans have appreciated having Patrick Mannelly around. It's hard for me to believe will ever have another quite that good. If they ever admit a LS into the HOF he has to the first.

A FG from Mannelly's point of view. LOL :18 1 104v[1]: (minus the snap of course)
    • Like Like x 1
  6. yttocs

yttocs Pro-Bowler SuperFan

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    27ß
    I do remember a bad play, where he thought he seen an adjustment and called an audible and it didn't work / no one got it. If he seen it I believe it was there. Sad but happy for him to see him go.