Packers look ripe for the Bears picking...

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by JustAnotherBearsFan99, Sep 9, 2013.

1. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,667 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,173ß
    No running game, injuries piling up & they look very very vulnerable now. I'm calling it now. We sweep them this season. They are not the same team they've been in past years - and we aren't either. They are in decline. We are on the way up.

This season, we catch 'em.

2. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +3,286 / 9 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,454ß
    All that and they still scored 28 points against a one of the best D's in the league. Again don't sleep on that team, that's pretty harsh critisism on the run game considering that D doesn't let anyone run on it. The Bears have a solid D, but it's not at the 49ers level.

This is a fair point, but I'd like to see how well the 9rs moved the chains on them outside of the scoring drives, and I don't think the Bears did great on their possessions either, anyone have that info?

That was the right decision, a 4th and 1 w/how well the 9rs move the ball isn't hard to believe they couldn't get it, but if they settle for a fg, does it really change the outcome, a score is a score; and there is a base assumption b/c GB stopped Gore 1x they'd be able to do it again; or that the 9'rs would even go there, Kap could sneak it, or could role out, or could toss it to Davis. I think I might have done the same thing. The media would be killing him if he had no taken the penalty and let them take a FG, or worse they got a TD on that 4th and 1 from the 5.

Anyone know when Burnett and Hayward are expected to be back? That well could change how the team plays.

Either way, that 49rs team is the class of the Div much like the Pack are the class of the Norse. To sit their and claim they are weak b/c the lost an away game by less then a TD against the NFC's SB team is a bit of a stretch.
    • Like Like x 6
  3. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +2,045 / 7 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,280ß
    Agree with Ric. They are still a high powered offense despite their injuries. One loss is not going to make me shrug them off.

What will make me shrug them off, is if we have a better record than them when we meet up week 9 and we beat them to increase the gap between our teams.
    • Like Like x 2
  4. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,334 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    375ß
    Not shrugging them (GB) off one bit, but they are vulnerable. Still a high powered offense, but they are vulnerable. Have an amazing QB who's the best in the biz until proven otherwise, but they are vulnerable. Lost a close game to a very very good team but they are vulnerable. My point is...they are VULNERABLE.

GB has Washington at home (no gimme) and then Cincy on the road (tall order) the next 2 weeks. Could they win both? Yeah, maybe. They could also lose both. Probably split. If the Bears take care of business--and we have a good shot to win the next two vs a one-dimensional Minny at home and a very weakened Pitt away--we would have a two game buffer vs the Pack after 3.

As I said prior to the season starting, GB had to be the presumptive division favorite going in but the DOOR IS OPEN.
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Akuma2000

Akuma2000 Veteran SuperFan

Ratings:
    +165 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    45ß
    That door is open WIDER than prostitute's legs......lol
    • Like Like x 1
  6. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +2,667 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,173ß
    I love the fact that we have until week-9 (after our bye week too) before we meet the first time. That's a lot of game reps for our coaches and players to get more comfortable with everything.

The Packers aren't suddenly a bad team. But they are beatable. Last year we only scored 10 & 13 points against them. Basically we had no offense. I think by the 9th week of the season, we'll be a pretty solid offense. They beat us by 1 TD in one game, and by less than 14 points in the other. We had zero OL in those games and they beat Cutler like a drum.

No way that happens this year. No way.

If they think this is the 2012 Lovie Smith Bears, then they have crap for brains.

You guys can all laugh at me if we fall short. But I'm on record here - we sweep them this year. Yes, they are still a good team. Not saying otherwise. We will be a better team by the time we meet them in that first game.
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Akuma2000

Akuma2000 Veteran SuperFan

Ratings:
    +165 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    45ß
    I agree with you.....like u said in most of the games we played against the packers the winning/losing score was by 1 or 2 touchdowns but nothing like a big blow out, we didn't have any offense just defense and now that we have a bonifide offense the packers are in trouble. Not sleeping on them or anything but this year the Bears WILL get some payback and I believe we will sweep them as well, by the time we play them the offense should be clicking pretty good by then.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +2,667 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,173ß
    Monday Night Football. November 4th. Week 9.

Man, I'm countin' the days. Think that with the bye week prior to that game, Mr. Trestman might be cooking up a little surprise for the "Discount Doublecheck" guys? Maybe?

[​IMG]
  9. Evernight

Evernight Rookie

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    10ß
    You do realize we took arguably one of the best and deepest teams in the entire NFL down to the wire, right? After seeing what we were able to do last night, there's no team left on the schedule that scares me. If we had Hayward and Burnett back, that's an entirely different game. They should both be back within the month. You keep thinking we're in decline. You'll see in a few weeks. :)
    • Like Like x 2
  10. 4th and 26

4th and 26 George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +658 / 3 / -6
    ßearz ßuckz:
    436ß
    When was the last time we beat the packers?
    • Like Like x 2
  11. DavidL

DavidL Pro-Bowler SuperFan

Ratings:
    +708 / 6 / -22
    ßearz ßuckz:
    960ß
    From what I saw yesterday, we don't have enough pass rush to stop Rodgers. On the plus side, I think the Bears can score on them. Their pass defense was terrible against 49ers. I foresee a high-scoring game that's winnable.
  12. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +691 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    397ß
    I see the fudgepackers possibly having O-line issues by week 9. That looks like it could be their achilles heel so I hope our D-line can get back to where should be.
  13. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +3,286 / 9 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,454ß
    The Packers had OL issues last year...
  14. BearJim

BearJim Veteran SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +157 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    46ß
    99, I hope you are spot on man. A sweep would be great but I'd be happy with a split & a division championship or even a wild card berth. Quite honestly my thoughts are on the next game & see if we get better week by week, which I expect us to do.
  15. Xa0sG0rilla

Xa0sG0rilla Veteran

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    23ß
    Lacy also had a short reception followed by a butt ton of yards after the catch... the article in the OP says nothing about that. Put this the "too soon to tell" file.
  16. ChiCityBears

ChiCityBears Veteran

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    The Packers are still the best team in the division. If we need to beat them once to start boasting.
  17. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,334 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    375ß
    No offense, but what you saw yesterday was a pass rush neutralized by a quick release offense and a very good OL. The Packers don't have anything approaching a good OL. They gave up 50 sacks last year and they are worse this year.
  18. shark86x

shark86x Pro-Bowler SuperFan

Ratings:
    +706 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    320ß
    So we're due????
    • Like Like x 1
  19. DavidL

DavidL Pro-Bowler SuperFan

Ratings:
    +708 / 6 / -22
    ßearz ßuckz:
    960ß
    Okay, I'll agree that Bengals have a better OL than Packers. Let's talk again after the Vikings. If we can't get a decent rush against them, then I hope you will agree that doesn't bode well for our chances against Rodgers.
  20. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +3,286 / 9 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,454ß
    After week 1 last year we all thought the O was fixed and the team was ready to take off. Lets not get ahead of ourselves again folks.

By week 9 2-3 of the Bears could be hurt just as easily as the Packers have taken on inj's now. It's a long season, and the Bears have, even w/a better start then I thought they would have, still have a long way to go before they show they are capable of beating the classes of the NFC. Bengals might well be the one of the best AFC, but it's the weaker div right now.