Packers look ripe for the Bears picking...

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by JustAnotherBearsFan99, Sep 9, 2013.

1. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,148 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    471ß
    We'll just have to see what happens when the games are played.

1. I believe we have better overall talent on our roster than the Packers currently have.
    2. I believe we have a better defense than the Packers.
    3. I believe we have significantly upgraded our offense, scheme, blocking & play calling.
    4. I believe we have significantly upgraded our coaching staff. Only time will tell how much we've closed the gap on the Packers coaching staff, but this isn't "Lovie Smith and the Neutered Ones" like Mike Tice anymore. We can certainly score more than the 10 and 13 points we scored on the Packers last year. Looks like this OL can (finally) give our QB decent protection. If that is true, don't expect any more 10 or 13 point efforts against the Pack this season. We'll be putting bigtime points on teams this season - on a regular basis - including the Pack.

Now I realize a lot of folks want to live in the past and believe Green Bay is going to be great THIS year simply because they beat us under Lovie Smith. I just don't buy into that. Oh ye of little faith. Shame on you guys :)
    • Like Like x 1
  2. tbear1

tbear1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +142 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    39ß
    I can't count out the Packers so quickly. I will also point out that our run game was worse then theirs at 2.9yards per carry according to NFL.COM.
  3. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +2,148 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    471ß
    The Packers are certainly (still) a good team. I believe we are a better team. Comparing either team (Bears or Packers) with last year's teams is not accurate. Both teams have changed. I believe we are significantly better than Lovie's team of last year - and we will continue to get better every week. I think the Packers have regressed.

We know what Forte is capable of. I'm confident he'll have a stellar season. The Packers run game? Not so sure.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. JPosh2012

JPosh2012 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +86 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    But their O-Line is worse this year than it was last year.

With that being said I do believe that the Packers aren't as good as they we're in the past BUT with that being said they are a team that could still hurt us.
  5. ChiCityBears

ChiCityBears Veteran

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I watched the 49ers Packers game. The Packers are awesome on both sides of the ball. I do not want to speculate anymore. We just have to decide it at Green Bay.
  6. Nakoma1

Nakoma1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    PURE DRIVEL on the Writer's part

FOR NOW I say we split and that will be a gift

Now if the injuries continue to mount for the Packers depending at what position is how well they may OR may not show up against other teams

YEAH I talk my Anti-Packer crap here, there and everywhere ,.. BUT IN REALITY I DO KNOW the Packers are still a loaded gun with Erin"TURF" Rodgers leading the way

I'm taking this season ONE GAME at a TIME ! ! ! There's alot of football between now and week 9 and if the Packers are losing and the BEars are winning ,..well then BEAR DOWN ! ! ! !` IF the Bears by any chance get into the playoffs this season ,...then so be it ,.... It would speak AND add many volumes to this storied franchise

My Sig says it
  7. Nakoma1

Nakoma1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    to the wire ,... oh the last minute drive ??? LMFAO

YOUR COACH was the difference in the game,..... Ole Mickey Mac is beginning to slip over there , Mickey Mac ,was the one WHO let the 9erszz in LMFAO And he says he'd still make that decision ,.... OH wait the Refs blew the call again ,..OH WAIT.,...... wait till next season when the League installs Instant replays for when the refs make a bad call on the field ,... LMAo yeah that'll happen Packer fans are delusional
    Mickey Mac should have made the 9ersz kick the FG instead of giving Kaepernik another shot at maybe Scoring a TD ,.. which did happen Refs blunder or not ,.. it was his choice that was the difference in the game

SAVOR ON THAT CHEEEZE FARMER
  8. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,713 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    697ß
    JABF, I believe all that too, but just b/c the Bears did that doesn't mean, even if GB has come down some that they have crossed paths, merely closed the gap between the two paths.
  9. Nakoma1

Nakoma1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    JUST I love your enthusiasm ,... I really do,...one game at a time does it for me.
    It doesn't mean I won't be standing beside ya ,... I just feel taking the one game approach IS GOING to make it all that much better when the time comes to play them I have said it ,..that "the Guard has changed" I believe in that ,.. and hopefully we'll ALL see OUR BELOVED ,...DETHRONE the Cheeezzefarmers For long, long, long time

BEAR DOWN ! ! ! !

yeahdat.gif

woot.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
  10. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +2,148 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    471ß
    I have a lot of respect for the Packers franchise and teams. And I believe the Packers are a still a solid and good team THIS year. I believe they have been a much better team than the Bears in recent years.

But I don't think you can automatically "crown" the Packers as division champs over the Bears this season. And I think we have a shot at sweeping you guys.

The Bears are a radically different team than last season - players, coaches & schemes - and I believe it's a significantly stronger team than the Lovie Smith/Mike Tice team of last year, that could only score 10 points, and 13 points, in the two games we played. Even that team wasn't blown out by any means. One game was 13-21, and the other was 10-23. This was against a team with no offense & led by Mike Tice and Lovie Smith. The current Bears team is an entirely different animal.

No matter who wins this year, it should be two great games between us. At least I hope so.
  11. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +2,148 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    471ß
    That's reasonable. I'm not saying we're a lock to win the division or sweep the Packers. And I'm the first to admit that I have a solid respect for the Green Bay Packers' performance in recent years. Years when the Bears, under Lovie Smith, were a joke.

We've only played one game so far this season with all the coaching, player and scheme changes, and that means we know very little about this current Bears team. I'm just saying my gut feeling is that we have a shot at winning the division this year, and also sweeping the Packers. I believe that. I'm also OK with those who don't believe it. And I definitely respect the Bears fans who are in a "wait and see" mode at this point......wanting to see them play a few more games before they jump onto the bandwagon.

I just don't think it's delusional this year to believe we have a shot at being a significantly more powerful team, and a handful for the Packers to have to deal with.

Reasonable people can see this playing out in different ways. Let's see a few more games from both the Packers and the Bears, and then we'll know a bit more about each one's chances this year. I noticed that the Pack has a week 4 bye. I'm glad we don't have ours until week 8 (and play the Pack on week 9). The Bears should be a much more solid team at that point, considering we have so many new players, and a few key young players. And Trestman can cook up a solid game plan just for the Pack during that bye week preceding the Packers game.

p.s. I love the fact that we will play at Lambeau that first matchup. If we win there, then I REALLY think we have a shot at a sweep this year.
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Evernight

Evernight Rookie

Ratings:
    +67 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I've never thought you can crown the Packers division champs this year, nor any other year until they prove it it by actually winning it. Same goes for any other team.

The Bears are a radically different team, yes, with exactly one game under their belt for a body of work. Way too early to make any observations about this team, let alone claim they've closed any gaps with other teams.

As I've stated countless times in the past, nothing matters when it comes to Packers Bears games. One team could sweep the other on any given season regardless of the current record or personnel.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. motownbear

motownbear derp daderp daderpidity derp Staff Member Staff Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    if our dline is mia again pack will put up 50 points on us and we all know JC craps his pants against the pack
    • Like Like x 1
  14. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +2,148 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    471ß
    When the Bears show up with a solid offensive line, Cutler will be a better performer against the Pack.
  15. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,731 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    564ß
    You do remember that the Bears were taken to the wire too right? They won on a late drive as well.....

Difference is BEARS WON and took the game. Packers lost.... Giving it away.

:D
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Nakoma1

Nakoma1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    YER POINT ??? GET A SADDLE

Don't need to be reminded about how DA BEARS WON ! ! ! ...

Da Packer won't lose to the Bears

DA BEARS WILL BEAT THE PACKERS ,...(and I do mean beat ) At least once this season and if that win comes in the LAMEBLOW BOWL,.... Well then I'll have to comply with da many The Sweep will be on ! ! ! BOOK IT ! !

Let the first win start the Packers tailspin BUT
    Lets get through the next 7 games first
  17. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,731 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    564ß
    Point is... Teams lose or win on late drives all the time.

Get a saddle? Ok Tex...
  18. Nakoma1

Nakoma1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Benj Go play with Ever :P He needs some loving
  19. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,429 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    351ß
    There's absolutely no reason to believe we will or won't beat the Packers based on the first game each team has played.
    • Like Like x 3
  20. Nakoma1

Nakoma1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz: