Packers look ripe for the Bears picking...

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by JustAnotherBearsFan99, Sep 9, 2013.

1. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99
    Expand Collapse
    Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    That's reasonable. I'm not saying we're a lock to win the division or sweep the Packers. And I'm the first to admit that I have a solid respect for the Green Bay Packers' performance in recent years. Years when the Bears, under Lovie Smith, were a joke.

We've only played one game so far this season with all the coaching, player and scheme changes, and that means we know very little about this current Bears team. I'm just saying my gut feeling is that we have a shot at winning the division this year, and also sweeping the Packers. I believe that. I'm also OK with those who don't believe it. And I definitely respect the Bears fans who are in a "wait and see" mode at this point......wanting to see them play a few more games before they jump onto the bandwagon.

I just don't think it's delusional this year to believe we have a shot at being a significantly more powerful team, and a handful for the Packers to have to deal with.

Reasonable people can see this playing out in different ways. Let's see a few more games from both the Packers and the Bears, and then we'll know a bit more about each one's chances this year. I noticed that the Pack has a week 4 bye. I'm glad we don't have ours until week 8 (and play the Pack on week 9). The Bears should be a much more solid team at that point, considering we have so many new players, and a few key young players. And Trestman can cook up a solid game plan just for the Pack during that bye week preceding the Packers game.

p.s. I love the fact that we will play at Lambeau that first matchup. If we win there, then I REALLY think we have a shot at a sweep this year.

#31 JustAnotherBearsFan99, Sep 10, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Evernight

Evernight
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

I've never thought you can crown the Packers division champs this year, nor any other year until they prove it it by actually winning it. Same goes for any other team.

The Bears are a radically different team, yes, with exactly one game under their belt for a body of work. Way too early to make any observations about this team, let alone claim they've closed any gaps with other teams.

As I've stated countless times in the past, nothing matters when it comes to Packers Bears games. One team could sweep the other on any given season regardless of the current record or personnel.

#32 Evernight, Sep 10, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  3. motownbear

motownbear
    Expand Collapse
    derp daderp daderpidity derp

if our dline is mia again pack will put up 50 points on us and we all know JC craps his pants against the pack

• Like Like x 1
  4. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99
    Expand Collapse
    Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

When the Bears show up with a solid offensive line, Cutler will be a better performer against the Pack.

5. The Benjamin

The Benjamin
    Expand Collapse
    George Halas
    Staff Member

You do remember that the Bears were taken to the wire too right? They won on a late drive as well.....

Difference is BEARS WON and took the game. Packers lost.... Giving it away.

:D

• Like Like x 1
  6. Nakoma1

Nakoma1
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

YER POINT ??? GET A SADDLE

Don't need to be reminded about how DA BEARS WON ! ! ! ...

Da Packer won't lose to the Bears

DA BEARS WILL BEAT THE PACKERS ,...(and I do mean beat ) At least once this season and if that win comes in the LAMEBLOW BOWL,.... Well then I'll have to comply with da many The Sweep will be on ! ! ! BOOK IT ! !

Let the first win start the Packers tailspin BUT
    Lets get through the next 7 games first

#36 Nakoma1, Sep 10, 2013
  7. The Benjamin

The Benjamin
    Expand Collapse
    George Halas
    Staff Member

Point is... Teams lose or win on late drives all the time.

Get a saddle? Ok Tex...

8. Nakoma1

Nakoma1
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Benj Go play with Ever :P He needs some loving

9. Henry Burris

Henry Burris
    Expand Collapse
    Head Coach

There's absolutely no reason to believe we will or won't beat the Packers based on the first game each team has played.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Nakoma1

Nakoma1
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

EXACTLY