Paea talks about DL issues (good read)

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by JustAnotherBearsFan99, Oct 14, 2013.

1. a_miljan

a_miljan Veteran

Ratings:
    +291 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    96ß
    Man, talking about D, i was just watching some of these old docs Henry posted from 70's and 80's. I loved that D, i wish football was like back then, this one is a little bit, too.... hmmm - neat
  2. shark86x

shark86x Pro-Bowler SuperFan

Ratings:
    +613 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    211ß
  3. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,974 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    986ß
    Paea will be huge in helpding to shut down the inside run....but Shea starting on the outside is going to make it pointless as Wash will just roll that way as he gets pushed around, buckled and pancaked.

If Tillman and Jennings are healthy I think the Wr's on the outside will be held down, but the TE's and slot guys are going to have a field day against Bostic and running on the outside. Hopefully though it will be like Dallas, Wash will load up on yards but not be able to punch in the TD's.

Just need the O to not turn the ball over and score points. If they can keep it from being close then it will help the D a lot as it will make the 'Skins 1 sided.
  4. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,212 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    253ß
    I agree, Ric. I've been watching Washington and RG3 a lot this year (he's my fantasy QB) and my take is:

Skins O relies heavily upon establishing Morris early up the middle for big chunks to set up the read-option which plays to RG's best skillset. Take away Morris reasonably well and the skins O falters quickly. RG is not (yet) a good traditional pocket passer. He doesn't read Ds all that well, locks in on his primary target too much, and throws a lot of inaccurate/ill-advised passes. If we can force him into that type of game (and I'm sure he will still break a few good runs against us anyway), we ought to be able to force several picks. His receiving weapons aren't that special -- I'd take Marsh/Alshon/MBennett over Garçon/Moss/Jordan in a heartbeat. RG is way better fantasy QB and read-option dual threat than a traditional passer.

Knowing and planning for this is Tucker's job. Paea needs to play. Woot needs to be DE. Shea needs to ride the bench expect for 3rd and long. I'd take that lineup at DL (whatever scrub we have playing 3t) over having Shea get mauled by Morris for 100 yards in the first half. Heck, I'd take Bass outside over Shea at least in running situations. Tuck needs to coach Cohen/minter that their primary job has to be RUN DEFENSE on 1st and 2nds. If I see him trot Shea out there at DE to get stomped against the run, I'm gonna scream. Shanny is going to run Morris first.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. JPosh2012

JPosh2012 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +86 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Hopefully Paea plays tomorrow. We need him the game so Wooten can play DE and Shea being the locker room attendant.
  6. gramster10

gramster10 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Well it should be obvious by now the players signed and brought up just aren't getting er done.Don't know who can play with what is left out there but they need to try something.Williams or Seymour if only to refresh what is left of the line backer and backfield core.Geez we can't get one more year of defense to rebuild the offense. Get the duc tape and oil cans going.Pray to da Bear gods we need help now.