Peanut Tillman as a Safety in 2014?

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by BelieveInMonsters, Nov 12, 2013.

1. BelieveInMonsters

ßearz ßuckz:
    176ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    I know it's too early to be talking about 2014. But, with Peanut going on IR, one of the greatest cornerbacks and one of my favorite players in Bears history may have played his last game with us.

Then it occurred to me. We have needs all over the defense including at Safety. (Conte and Wright have sucked this year)

Do you think Peanut could be an adequate option as a stopgap Safety? I think if Charles Woodson could do it then he could certainly do it too.

2. JJ-30

JJ-30 Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    208ß
    He already said he won't move to Safety.

3. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,761ß
    I heard that yesterday, the idea of Tillman to safety was a pipe dream by some fans, it sounds good but why would Tillman want to learn a completely new position? If anyone has ever heard him talk about football, they would know he's not interested in it once it's over and he'll not be part of it when he retires.

Tillman really is my favorite Bear from the latest series of teams dating back to 05. Has always been a stand up guy, been entertaining to listen to and a hell of a good, and underrated football player. But I think this is the last time you'll see him as a Bear.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. mdbearz

mdbearz Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    240ß
    I sure hope it is not the last time we see him in a Bears uniform. When he is healthy ha has always been the one to take on Megatron and other teams #1 WR. We do not have anyone else on the roster that is capable of doing that, so I would hope they try to re sign him.

CB is like WR, even a very high draft pick will need some time to develop.

5. BelieveInMonsters

ßearz ßuckz:
    176ß
    The Bears can't even come close to shoring up all of the holes on this defense in the upcoming draft (especially not in one draft)

We will sign some defensive free agents as well on of which may be a cornerback.

Does anyone know if there are any good free agents at cornerback and safety this coming offseason?

6. BelieveInMonsters

ßearz ßuckz:
    176ß
    The Bears can't even come close to shoring up all of the holes on this defense in the upcoming draft (especially not in one draft)

We will sign some defensive free agents as well on of which may be a cornerback.

Does anyone know if there are any good free agents at cornerback and safety this coming offseason?

7. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,761ß
    That fit the cover 2? Not sure, nambi Assumba is sitting out there, but I'm sure he won't come cheap enough w/out cap issues, and he's not a cover 2 cb.

8. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas
    Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,188ß
    Sadly, it is a pipe dream.

Tillman said he believes he can still play CB... But also acknowledges he likely played his last game as a Bear

9. shark86x

shark86x Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan

ßearz ßuckz:
    870ß
    If we don't sign him for a 1 or 2 year deal, Tillman as secondary coach?

10. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas
    Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,188ß
    In a few years I could see it. Some team will sign him though if the Bears don't