Peppers Dilemna

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by BSBEARS, Jan 19, 2014.

1. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,487 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    314ß
    screw that the Sea D started off hot, their O gave the ball to the SF O in the redzone and the Sea D held them to a damn FG, it was amazing.

Only if Sea doesn't want him back do I see him wanting to leave; even then not sure the Bears get him b/c he'll be hitting FA as a SB DE and they just don't have the cap to get a guy like that, unless he takes less money to come here.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. weneedmorelinemen

weneedmorelinemen Veteran

Ratings:
    +326 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    38ß
    I think Peppers came here to play for Lovie. When he was fired, he doesn't want to be here anymore. I agree that he is lacking in motivation.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. GermansbombedPH

GermansbombedPH Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +42 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Cut him, no hard feelings. Business move.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. phatdude

phatdude Rookie

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Amen. Maybe I was that guy you argued with! LOL! I was on almost every "Forum Chat" this season and from game one I was like "what's wrong with Peppers".

I have to admit I'm not as hardcore with salary accounting as some of you, but is releasing Peppers causes us to lose somewhere around 5m in salary, it's still worth it. I agree with JABF, he's just going through the motions. He treats games like they are practice. Also I don't want his poor performance and attitude to effect the other players.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. mdbearz

mdbearz Veteran

Ratings:
    +281 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    19ß
    There is a reason that it is so hard to repeat as a Super Bowl champions. Everyone on the team wants to be paid.

If Bennett goes to the open market, we might have an inside edge, with brother already on the team. But, we would likely have to over pay.
  6. mdbearz

mdbearz Veteran

Ratings:
    +281 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    19ß
    I would be willing to wager that Bass or even Corn Wash could have been as effective as Pep was this year in a full time role, and no way in hell would I say that either one of them would be worth 5.5 million.
  7. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,867 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    117ß
    That's a good point. With a salary cap, it makes it tough to assemble (and keep) a great team together. That's why the GM's margin of error in the draft has to be small. You have to have a continual pipeline of solid talent that back-fills for veterans you can't keep due to the cap. This is what hurt us will Jerry Angelo. We were seeping into mediocrity overall with the new talent coming in.