Per Tribune: Bears coordinator faces tough sell job with players still loyal to old regime

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Henry Burris, Sep 12, 2013.

1. JPosh2012

JPosh2012 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +86 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I wouldn't be shocked if Trestman called him into his office on Monday regarding the performance.
  2. Nakoma1

Nakoma1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:

EXACTLY ! :D
  3. Nakoma1

Nakoma1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Will be the queens as well ,.....jumping into Lake Michigan midway through the 1st quarter
  4. dachuckster

dachuckster Veteran SuperFan

Ratings:
    +341 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    174ß
    I always go nuts on this scene (about 2:35 in to the clip) ... "I have always loved you"

• Like Like x 2
  5. Nakoma1

Nakoma1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:

YUP I've never liked the prick,...EVER but then again I despise the media on the whole ,.. cept for a few ,... a couple of writers I do like ,... Biggs and Pompei seem grounded,..... if ya know what I mean
  6. lklrlolnlilklsox

lklrlolnlilklsox Position Coach

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    61ß
    Our only sack and the handful of pressures we got were all off blitzes. You have to be able to create consistent pressure with the front four, and Mel Tucker is responsible for making that happen.
  7. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,706 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,230ß
    I read that Peppers is pretty sick with the flu. He couldn't even practice and was sent home.
  8. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +702 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    407ß
    Do I get any extra-credit if my sister had a bit part in the this movie and parts were shot on my side of Chi-town daSouth Eastside. Yes there is Eastside of Chicago and no Calumet City wouldn't let them shot any parts of movie in Calumet City because one of my buddys fathers (councilman) thought the movie would degrade Calumet City's image. That's when I learned politicians were all F'ed in the head.
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Chicagoan

Chicagoan Hall of Famer

Ratings:
    +352 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I think the players share some of that responsibility as well though. Peppers looked like crap dancing around with Collins out there. And that's on Tucker? A win and self pride should be motivation enough in my book. That's on Peppers. Get your ass out there and do your job. Same goes for Melton. Hell, Tillman's on the sideline barfing and getting IV's, yet he's still playing his ass off!! This "they didn't play the preseason" is an excuse, imo. These dudes are paid mega millions and that was the performance they gave? I don't care if it's the first game, the 12th game or the SB....freaking apply yourself.

After seeing Peppers late to the play or standing there holding hands with Collins, I honestly thought, for the very first time, about the talk coming out of Carolina about him taking plays off. I was pissed that my mind even went there and it wasn't even a conscious thought!!! It just popped in there due to what Peppers was doing out there. For the money the Bears are paying him, Tucker should not have to kick him in the groin to get him engaged in the game.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,542 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    543ß
    Paea was literally the only defensive lineman (yeah McClellan got a sack, I'll give him that) that helped the defense turn the game around.
  11. Nakoma1

Nakoma1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Yeah last week was the last game of the season and the Bears fell short

THE SKY DID FALL

Oh wait ,.....
  12. lklrlolnlilklsox

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    61ß
    Rod had this same front four pressure cooking pockets. Pep may be a year older, but so are Wootton, Shea, Collins Paea et al. and you have to get productivity out of them by putting them in the right position to win battles. One thing I noticed on tape was a lot of extra help was allowed to control the stars in Pep and Melton. Tucker threw in some half-hearted blitzes, but the D was settled in at losing with comfortable cushions and straight 4-man rushes. That failure to adjust and attack is on the coach. Melton, btw, actually worked his balls off. He's very noticeable taking on double teams all day from the 3-technique - which is probably the sole cause for Paea's fanboy uprising even though he didn't do anything out of the ordinary for himself, he just got the single team reps at NT while Henry was getting swatted every which way with support blocks. So bullshit to that.
  13. Nakoma1

Nakoma1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:

(see above)

...... welcome to this week's version of GMs we 'R Not ,... we've been watching the misery and failure for sooooo long,..... we're experts on the tape

OOOOH but we did let ourselves get sucked in by the Mediocre Ogre,... IE one Lovie Smith

Rod's Gone,...Do yas need a road map to follow him ?? ,... it sure would be nice

I suppose if the Bears win THIS SECOND game of the season and have only 2 Sacks

You'll ALL be wanting Tucker's head on a platter ,..TRADE PEPPERs ,.. CUT SHEA ,.... TRADE MELTON,.... Better STILL reconvert him to offense

to the Experts
    Answer the question fools: How long was Buddy Ryan here before his D became the Schizz,.. ???

Why was it, It was better a year later under Tobin ?? I guess yas either forget,...were too young OR just too plain lazy to look it up

But I guess we could get Lovie and his far haired boy "ROD" back YES ?? Bobby Babbich even too ,..... the MANY would juuuuuuuts loooooove that,.. you all know these guys ,....it's the same crew that left 5 games on the field last season GB at home, Minny on the road, 9ersz, SeaHawks and let's not forget the TEXANS game

YUP folks the Bears season is over,....after one game only ,.... The Sky has fallen ,... according to the experts here,..... WHERE GROWING pains and learning curves ARE NOT ALLOWED

I RANT to differ ;)

GO BEARS ! ! !
    BEAR DOWN! ! ! ! ,.... Chicago BEARS ! ! !

I Believe in the "NEW Trestament"
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2013
  14. Bear_40

Bear_40 Veteran

Ratings:
    +36 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    40ß
    Off thread - but thanks for the Blues Brothers clips. Outstanding!
  15. lklrlolnlilklsox

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    61ß
    Way to do exactly what you are accusing me of doing - overreacting. I'm merely pointing out the facts. Tucker had this D grooving at a "get run the fuck over pace" for most of the game. It's not panicking or judging his career after one game, just the facts as they are today. It was said the players should take the brunt of the shaming, which I don't completely agree with - or at all. Top ten in sacks and pressures doesn't sour like that when all signs point to the entire DL being better.
  16. Nakoma1

Nakoma1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    WHERE WAS THIS established

And as for me being as guilty as you ? AH NO ,...on the contrary . It was only the first game where Melton and Peps barely played and barely participated in the preseason ,.. I guess that doesn't mean anything
    I'm NOt sorry I don't read the sport wires and blogs and feel the need to sound like Gm everytime I post

I approach as it is,...an NFL Football game and getting whinny after one game is little extreme ,.. the D did step up and make the stops The O did what they had to do Now IF Lovie n crew were still I could FULLY Understand ........
  17. lklrlolnlilklsox

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    61ß
    Common sense - which I probably shouldn't bother positing to the guy who posts the ABF gems that you do.
  18. lklrlolnlilklsox

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    61ß
    Mel Tucker's D fails to get any pressure and allows Christian fucking Ponder to walk all over them this week.
  19. Nakoma1

Nakoma1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    YUp they suck

fire em them all

lets get Lovie back,... right ??
  20. lklrlolnlilklsox

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    61ß
    Because, those are the options and what I have been asking for the whole month you've been here.

Fucking douchetard.