PFF GIVES KYLE LONG A NEGATIVE GRADE.

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by BSBEARS, Apr 20, 2014.

1. BSBEARS

BSBEARS
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,308ß
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Ski-Whiz

Ski-Whiz
    Expand Collapse
    George Halas
    Staff Member SuperFan

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,438ß
    you linked this to an article, of another article.. Lol

either way, the bears won't get any love until they prove they are legit.

3. BSBEARS

BSBEARS
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,308ß
    What, The link takes me to the right place. Here is the story anyway.
    upload_2014-4-20_8-49-56.png

4. riczaj01

riczaj01
    Expand Collapse
    DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,526ß
    Everything I saw up until the end of the season was that Warford was playing better then any other rookie OL'men. For as bad as the Bears OL has been, Dallas' has been just as bad, and for a rookie to step in like Frederick did was pretty amazing also.

It's not a knock on Long to get rated behind them, especially by PFF who doesn't take scheme into account; although I'd point out in the Chi system he shouldn't be letting anyone get past him or get pushed back, so in this instance they might be right. Btw, -3.3 I didn't think was that bad, pretty close to neutral, am I wrong on that?

5. BSBEARS

BSBEARS
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,308ß
    I just surprised he is Neg and ranked 43 amongst all Guards and yet he still made it to the Pro-Bowl. I realize he was an alternate and only got to play resulting from injury but cmon 43rd and the Pro bowl. The math, the logic, nothing is adding up here.

• Like Like x 2
  6. riczaj01

riczaj01
    Expand Collapse
    DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,526ß
    BS, pro bowl isn't a testament to how great you were compared to other players and actually imo counts less then PFF. I told people at the time he didn't deserve the PB bid b/c he wasn't even the best rookie G playing. I don't really care about PFF's grades for him or Mills, I'm more then happy w/his play.

Still would have preferred Olgetree and Warford, b/c we aren't worrying about ILB this year, but it's moot at this point.

7. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston
    Expand Collapse
    Assistant Head Coach
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    5,252ß
    I'm good with Long. He has not had a lot of time at his position and he made great strides. The two guys rated ahead of him are good players. I love his approach. Going to post those numbers on his locker to motivate him. It got under his skin and he took it personally. Perfect. I love the guy.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. BSBEARS

BSBEARS
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,308ß
    Pretty much what I liked to, nothing like having the proverbial chip on the shoulder

9. soulman

soulman
    Expand Collapse
    Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,938ß
    Did Travis Frederick or Larry Warford get chosen for the Pro Bowl? Looks to me like PFF's metrics for grading need be revised. Mills gets knocked for allowing to much pressure yet gives up just two sacks and Long was inconsistent. The Bears had the #2 scoring offense last year so just imagine how good they'll get when the two poor linemen actually get better. (sarcasm coupon redeemed)

• Like Like x 3
  10. Grizzblue

Grizzblue
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    518ß
    The more I read on PFF the more I am starting to disregard their stats. I understand that grading offensive linemen is damn near impossible and give them credit for attempting it but I think they may need to revise their system. Long (and Mills for that matter) seem like we may have a real solid side of our Oline for now and into the future. To rank him 43 is absurd in my opinion. From what I saw he did alot of things well and didn't have many standout bad plays. I give them credit for trying to grade the OL but PFF's system is clearly flawed.

• Like Like x 1