PFF GIVES KYLE LONG A NEGATIVE GRADE.

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by BSBEARS, Apr 20, 2014.

1. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +3,583 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,782ß
    Warford is a hell of a G, and was a steal in the 2nd round, i really wanted the Bears to grab him last year; the reason for taking Long is his ability to possibly play T; but in the Kromer scheme that just won't happen. Even if he doesn't surpass them, and he just improves and gains more experience he'll be fine for the Bears for years to come.
  2. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +487 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    99ß

Welcome to the boards. I agree, I honestly think that Long could very well become the best OG out of this class and that is saying something because of how strong it was. Cooper and Warmack are going to be very good as well IMO, So to have Long in that group would be a great feat. I think we have a great player in long and a guy who can be at 10 year starter at OG barring injury.
  3. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +3,024 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,723ß
    Exactly. I think THIS is the point that some people miss. He was a baseball player in college with only a grand total of 10 games of football starts in college - and then he was the starting guard all season for an NFL team.

Can you imagine how steep THAT learning curve is?

To do what he accomplished in the NFL as a 100% green rookie is absolutely AMAZING to me. He must be a freakishly good athlete to be a starter all season long in his first NFL year with minimal football experience. The guys ceiling must be astronomical. Heck his floor is amazing to me too.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Position Coach

Ratings:
    +2,266 / 10 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,659ß
    You think HIS floor is amazing... You can't even see the damn floor with Webb. You drop a pebble and never hear it hit.

Seriously though, I felt he was going to be really good, but truthfully Longs floor was fairly low. He was an unknown entity and we didn't know how good or how bad he was going to be. Lots of people we upset we took him in the first and some didn't want to take him at all. His floor is turning out to be pretty high, but I don't think you can say that was a given last year.
  5. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +3,024 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,723ß
    Yeah, I wasn't talking pre-draft, but what we ended up with after a year. This is his floor (what we've seen him play this first season), and his ceiling is looking sky-high.