PFF: Julius Peppers graded out highest of the defensive players Sunday against the Steelers.

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by JustAnotherBearsFan99, Sep 26, 2013.

1. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,124 / 4 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    3,545ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    David, we see it very differently then, and that's fine. The nice thing about this message board is that we get a lot of good input from everyone, and we all don't have to think alike.

One thing we both agree on, is that we hope the defensive line, as a whole, performs well the rest of the season. Take care man, I enjoy your posts here.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  2. DavidL

DavidL Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan

Ratings:
    +775 / 7 / -26
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,364ß
    I appreciate all these new threads you start every day. It creates a lot of discussion on everything happening in Bear World.

We do disagree on Peppers performance so far, but we have 13 more games to go. We may still agree by the end of the season.

• Like Like x 1
  3. JustAnotherBearsFan99

SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,124 / 4 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    3,545ß
    I have to watch myself too, because I'm a huge Peppers fan. We all have our favorite players. Mine just happens to be Pep. Heck, even my cat wears a Peppers jersey on game day. Seriously :)

Our family is a bit nutty about the Bears. I wear a Papa Bear #7 jersey, and our cat has the Pep jersey. He sits right next to me and watches the games like he understands everything that's happening :) I tell my kids & their friends who visit on gameday, "He's a 'Football Cat" and you don't see too many of 'em anymore."

On a side note. The cat thinks Trestman is the best thing since canned cat food was invented. I can't argue with him. He knows football.

I[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 28, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  4. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +2,679 / 7 / -9
    ßearz ßuckz:
    3,576ß
    Peppers was one of the best DL in the game, this year though he has barely even gotten noticed. That is why there are fans getting on him. He is making a lot of money this year and had it not been for a lucky bounce into his arms against the steelers, he would literally be a non factor thus far in the season.

5. DavidL

DavidL Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan

Ratings:
    +775 / 7 / -26
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,364ß
    "We can't create the future by clinging to the past." --Delta

Fans have their favorite players and are slow to revise their estimates as their heroes age. It is just a fact of human psychology.

• Like Like x 1
  6. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +731 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    476ß
    Same exact thing could be said of Melton before he got hurt. We all can agree here the D line needs to step it up a notch hopeful with the fast surface they are playing on tomorrow will be the game changer.

7. JustAnotherBearsFan99

SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,124 / 4 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    3,545ß
    And it's still early in the season. For aging star Bears players (like Urlacher) I usually visit this stuff after the season ends. I think the larger "body of work" gives the best perspective on where they are in their career journey. It is still early enough in the season, that we could see Pep perform very well.

It could be similar to that old Mark Twain quote - the reports of Julius Peppers demise are greatly exaggerated :)

[​IMG]

8. Nakoma1

Nakoma1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    for
    I'm right there wit U Jabz ,... I am concernred for the safety of any of those on O side of the ball ,..NOT just Cutty

9. DavidL

DavidL Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan

Ratings:
    +775 / 7 / -26
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,364ß
    It could be similar to that old Mark Twain quote - the reports of Julius Peppers demise are greatly exaggerated.

We will know for sure. Unless Peppers returns to form, they will probably address his contract again to pay Cutler's next contract.

10. Mr. Deliverance

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    LOL Benji the season is 3 games old and Peppers already has 6pts under his belt. Let's give it time broski. You call it a lucky bounce. I call it a guy that's attracted to the turnover and game changing play. Some pleyers NEVER find themselves around the football. Peppers has always been a magnet for the big play as a Bear.