Phil Emery scouting Eastern Illinois QB Jimmy Garoppolo

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Henry Burris, Nov 3, 2013.

1. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,662 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    569ß
    if this hype keeps up, we'll be lucky if he's a mid 2nd rounder. Guy needs to have a hard crash and have the hype disappear a little. I would hate for the Bears to pull a 2nd round trigger on a EIU qb.
  2. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,399 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    312ß
    I remember a LOT of people saying the same about a Delaware QB. I remember a LOT of Bears fans (myself included) did not want Flacco, simply because he played Division II, but it looks like we were wrong. I could almost swear that he was a 2nd or 3rd round prospect well before the combine that year.
  3. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,662 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    569ß
    Valid point, and I wanted the Bears to take Flacco at 13(if they couldn't get Clady or Mendenhall, see I can admit I was wrong that guy sucks), but he's more of an exception and not a rule. And to this point, he's been very Cutler like in the reg season, it's just the post season that he turns it on in a way Cutler hasn't shown.
  4. zelezo vlk

zelezo vlk Veteran

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    One thing I didn't realize was that Joe's completion percentage was kinda low. One can argue either way for Flacco vs Cutler but so far, Flacco has proven himself on the biggest stage and Cutty hasn't.
  5. mdbearz

mdbearz Veteran

Ratings:
    +281 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    20ß

I know there simply are not a lot of QBs in college that are under center, but in this piece you never see him take a snap under center. That is the one thing that I really think that most kids have a problem with coming nto the NFL.
  6. Rogelio

Rogelio Veteran

Ratings:
    +80 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Reason enough not to draft him. :)

Wait, what? Who was Angelo's EIU prospect? Was there are rumor Angelo wanted to sign him before the Cowboys nabbed him?
    • Like Like x 1
  7. BradMustersGhost

BradMustersGhost Veteran

Ratings:
    +267 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    94ß
    yeah, if this kid continues receiving hype, he is just going to move UP UP UP AND AWAY from us, 'cause we ain't selecting him in the first round.
  8. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,399 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    312ß
    Dude's been playing out of his mind thus far, this year.
  9. JPosh2012

JPosh2012 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +86 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I went to EIU and I have seen him play (including earlier this year when they kicked ISU's a$$) and I can tell you that it is true he does have a QUICK release. Perfect for a WCO.

Yes the O-Line is a lot better this year so is the Defense so he does have more short field situations.

I wish EIU was this good when I was there. We stunk except for one year when I was there. Then again a lot of that had to do with the Coaching and the system.