Pitt Coach Mike Tomlin on Ryan Mundy..............

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by soulman, Mar 26, 2014.

1. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,446 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    636ß
    Tomlin: Mundy's professionalism, work ethic should help Bears

By Rich Campbell, Tribune reporter
    10:18 a.m. CDT, March 25, 2014

ORLANDO, Fla.-- Safety Ryan Mundy's former coach believes Mundy's class and work ethic will benefit the Chicago Bears.

"Ryan is a low-maintenance professional," said Pittsburgh Steelers coach Mike Tomlin, for whom Mundy played from 2009-12. "He’s a detailed guy. He’s a hard worker and a good teammate."

Tomlin spoke about Mundy at the AFC coaches breakfast Tuesday at the NFL owners' meetings.

The Bears on the first day of free agency agreed to terms with Mundy on a two-year deal worth up to $3 million. He and incumbent Chris Conte are the leading candidates to start in 2014.

Copyright © 2014 Chicago Tribune Company, LLC
  2. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,446 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    636ß
    At least his former coach feels Mundy will come in and do a good job for us a SS. Also of note the sentence that make Mundy and Conte the leading candidates to start at the two Safety positions. That would indicate the M.D. Jennings was signed primarily as STeams guy and a backup FS as suggested earlier.

Despite this I'm sure the Bears will draft a Safety sometime in the first three rounds and possibly one who could play either Safety position. Jimmie Ward is still my odds on favorite as a 2nd round pick and following him Deon Bucannon. I think we all believe it's essential that we come away from this draft with at least two talented DBs who can challenge for starting spots late this year or next.
    • Like Like x 1