Podcast of Emery Interview

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by dachuckster, May 16, 2014.

1. dachuckster

dachuckster Veteran SuperFan

Ratings:
    +341 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    174ß
    Phil Emery was interviewed on Carmen & Jurko this morning. Espn100 has posted the audio of the full interview.

It is really interesting to listen to Phil. They discuss a lot of the topics disussed here: the relative value of CB vs Safety, the role of rebuilding the DLine in rebuilding a defense, etc.

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/chicago/play?id=10936284&ex_cid=espnapi_public
  2. Ojibway Bob

Ojibway Bob Veteran SuperFan

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    102ß
    Fack!!!! Its bad enough that I have to read about DA Bears on these pages and other various web sites 2 - 3 hours a day, but now ya tell me I can LISTEN TO THEM TOO!!!!! I'm a bit obsessive but damn I'm not sure what is next....my wife won't let me get Bears bed sheets but I got Bear fan sticker family for my vehicle... U know even on game day every article I wear has to have orange and/or navy in it....even my watch....now I gotta find orange head phones to listen to Emery
    ...damn it all to hell!!!!
  3. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Position Coach

Ratings:
    +2,266 / 10 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,660ß
    Pretty fair assessment. Three identified issues with the way the defense played. All have been mentioned to various degrees and some have been explained away more than some others, but the three factors were:
    1) Injuries (no real fault here)
    2) Didn't play well with the players they had (coaching / maybe the losing Lovie disgruntled factor also)
    3) Not good enough depth (Emery)

We don't know to what extent each would have helped because if Emery had better backups and the coaches had a greater percentage fault, would it have fixed the issues? All three were contributors to some degree that I'm not sure can be accurately measured.

I believe that items 1 and 3 have been addressed completely, with number two having been addressed completely or partially (don't know for sure at this point). We are definitely in better shape than we were at the end of last year, and looking back, I think better than we were last year even when everyone was healthy. I can't wait to see these guys play.
  4. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Position Coach

Ratings:
    +2,266 / 10 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,660ß
    Wait til she buys you Bears underwear. I assume someone somewhere sells that too.