POLL: Could Cutler show that "Bad Jay" is gone with a solid game on SNF?

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by JustAnotherBearsFan99, Sep 20, 2013.

?

If Cutler shines on SNF against a top-10 defense, is "Bad Jay" gone now?

1. Yes, it probably means Trestman has helped Jay overcome "Bad Jay" & the epic meltdowns.

3 vote(s)
    17.6%
  2. No, it doesn't mean anything long term.

3 vote(s)
    17.6%
  3. Maybe, but let's see how he does on MNF at Lambeau against the Packers to be sure.

9 vote(s)
    52.9%
  4. Other (let us know what you think)

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
  1. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 SuperFan

Ratings:
    +1,508 / 0 / -0
    The Steelers currently have a top-10 defense (LINK) and will be an extremely hostile environment Sunday. It's also prime time Sunday where Cutler has fallen apart and become "Bad Jay" in the past.

If Cutler performs well under pressure, on a prime time Sunday Night Football game in front of a national audience & against a top defense - do you think "Bad Jay" is finally gone now, due to Trestman exorcising the demons?

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2013
  2. little bear

little bear

Ratings:
    +353 / 0 / -0
    At least he knows how to suit up.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. A-11

A-11

Ratings:
    +74 / 1 / -0
    Bad Jay will always be there... I just don't want to see him. That's all, that's the task.
  4. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears

Ratings:
    +363 / 0 / -0
    As long as you win that's all that matters. That's what you get from him like it or not he's a gunslinger sometimes he's going to shoot himself in the foot, it's how he responds after shooting himself that's all that matters. So far so good. Reduce his misfires but keep him firing it's Trest's job to minimize the collateral damage.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +1,508 / 0 / -0
    I have the feeling that Cutler (like all QB's, even the great ones), will have off days, where he throws some ints. Even guys like Rodgers and Peyton Manning have them occasionally.

But I don't think we'll see the epic meltdowns anymore. Remember, Trestman can control SOME of this with the play calling. He can let Jay get his wits back a bit, instead of the Lovie Smith era when nobody helped reign Cutler in, and he made a total fool out of himself in some games.

That's on the coaching. Great coaches understand how to minimize the damage when a QB is having an off-game. Ya still might lose, but not in an epic meltdown spectacle.
    • Like Like x 6
  6. Akuma2000

Akuma2000

Ratings:
    +132 / 0 / -0
    Exacly.
  7. jbunch14

jbunch14

Ratings:
    +94 / 0 / -0
    Very well said!! I think Cutler has moved past those games against GB, SF, and WAS where he had complete meltdowns and just didn't give a .... He has recovered very nicely the last two weeks after poor decisions, and I think that trend will continue. Also, I think his INT numbers are going to decrease as he gets more reps in this offense. His percentage is already good, and with more exposure it should just get better. He will never be Rodgers, but honestly I enjoyed watching Favre much more than Rodgers, didn't you guys?!
    • Like Like x 1
  8. tbear1

tbear1

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    I agree and would add that Matt Cavanaugh seems to work with Jay on the bench. Trestman seems to have his coaching staff aligned. We are only on the outside looking in but they look professional and purposeful on the sideline. Hopefully this is the changing of the guard in Chicago.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +1,508 / 0 / -0
    One of the reasons I am really looking forward to THIS game against the Steelers is because this has the "feel" of a game, where in the past, "Bad Jay" would make an appearance. But if Jay "plays within himself" and protects the football in this game - and we win - then I believe "Bad Jay" may be gone forever. Sure, as I said above, Cutler may have "off" games where he throws a couple of ints (even the great ones have off games, including QB's like Peyton Manning and Rodgers). But I don't think we'll see the epic meltdowns in prime time anymore, where Jay makes an ass out of himself in prime time, and we go down in flames.

I really believe this is a defining game for Cutler in the new Trestman era. If Marc can help Jay have a success here in prime time Sunday, in front of a rabid Steeler fan base then it will be an important milestone in Cutler's career. The Steelers still have some great veteran players (especially on defense) who will be playing for pride Sunday night in front of their fans. Dick Lebeau, is the most brilliant defensive mind in the NFL, and he'll throw everything at Jay (and especially our rookie OL).

If Jay plays within himself and the Bears step on the neck of the Steelers Sunday night - killing their season - then we no longer will see "Bad Jay" again. We'll have "New Jay" who may struggle at times, but never have epic meltdowns again.
    • Like Like x 3
  10. tbear1

tbear1

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    If Jay has a good game and keeps the errors down, we will win the game. I also think we will move up in the rankings and we will begin to build up respect across the league.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. strockrocks

strockrocks

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    I'm still nervous. Hate away games. Not to mention away games on prime time.

However, if we win, that will be a major stepping stone in the new era.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Nakoma1

Nakoma1

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    lmao wait for the Packers game I have seen bad jay twice this season,...WELL actually once more so in the first game The pic out of nowhere ...

Frankly I'd have to say he has improved AND still is improving a work in progress so to speak ,..

I'm liking what I've seen thus far ,.. I even think we may see some more of the "New Trestament " tomorrow night being opened up ,... depending on how the game is going
  13. Nakoma1

Nakoma1

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    AND I'm liking it like this ,....... NEW JAY versus OLD JAY

Since he finally has plenty of BONAFIDE offensive minds to wrk with
  14. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears

Ratings:
    +363 / 0 / -0
    The new Jay looks so good he wouldn't even shove the old Jay, ok maybe he would tie his shoes.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Ken Powers

Ken Powers

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Because I typically only follow our BEARS, does the media say bad tony and bad eli? Or does the media have only hate for CHICAGO?
    • Like Like x 1
  16. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +1,508 / 0 / -0
    There is no "Good Tony" only bad. Eli gets a pass because he's a 2-time Super Bowl MVP.
  17. Ken Powers

Ken Powers

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I guess once you get a ring. The media must kiss it before writing about eli. Although I think he has more bad games the Mr. Cutler.
  18. tbear1

tbear1

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    The media only has hate for Chicago. Even when we are on top, they don't like to acknowledge it.
  19. jbunch14

jbunch14

Ratings:
    +94 / 0 / -0
    There does seem to be a lot of hate for Chicago and Jay from the national types, but if you read any of the local sports media in NY, Dallas, etc, they are just as bad as the local in Chicago when it comes to ripping the team and players. Sensationalism sells newspapers, that's just the way it is. Like I always say, "F the media, F the haters". All I care about are the team and the fans.
  20. Mr. Deliverance

Mr. Deliverance Guest

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1
    I expect Bad Jay or Little Grossman to show up. He always shows up in these night games that are nationally televised. So might as well get used to it for this Sun. I still think the Bears find a way to overcome Cutler's miscues and win a close one. This is a bad Steelers team. There is no reason for CHI to lose this game.