POLL: Do you believe the Packers are a lock to win the NFC-N?

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by JustAnotherBearsFan99, Sep 10, 2013.

?

Do you believe the Packers are a lock to win the NFC-N?

1. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Assistant Head Coach SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +3,369 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,364ß
    Is this a "done deal" or do we have a legitimate shot at unseating them this year?

Do we "crown" Green Bay as unbeatable, or do you believe this upgraded Bears team has a real chance (a really decent chance) of retaking the division this year?
  2. a_miljan

a_miljan Veteran

Ratings:
    +334 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    179ß
    i dont think, overall, GB is at all better than Cincy, of course they have Rodgers, but if our D plays a little better than last game - we got them
    • Like Like x 5
  3. 4dabers

4dabers Veteran DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +763 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    97ß
    After week one in the NFL, NO ONE is a lock for anything. Injuries happen to key personnel all the time; that goes for us and our opponents. No team in the modern NFL can sustain critical injuries to their starting QB, for example, and still expect to compete. All things being equal, I think this Bears team can be much more competitive with the Packers and we have a realistic chance at the Division, but so does Detroit (I threw up a little in my mouth when I thought about this). The only team that I do not think has a realistic chance is Minnesota, but stranger things have happened.

It just all comes down to who keeps their key personnel on the field.
    • Like Like x 2
  4. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +3,369 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,364ß
    I didn't realize until yesterday, just how little faith Bears fans have that we can beat Green Bay. I'm being serious here. Then I thought about how the Packers have pretty much owned us in recent years, and I guess that I can understand how Bears fans can lose faith and just "accept" that Green Bay is going to whip us every year, and win the division every year.

This really did surprise me though. It's just accepting losing before the games are even played. Man, that's sad. It's like people think it's always going to be like the Lovie Smith, Mike Tice crap, here in Chicago.

I'm looking towards the future, and not dwelling on the Lovie era past.

I've been around for a little over 100 Bears/Packers games, and we've won a lot of times over the Pack during that span. In fact, the all time series is now at 92-88-6 with the Bears ahead in that series. So I'm not in that knee-jerk mode that we're automatically going to lose the division to GB this year.

I think we have better talent, overall, on this roster than GB has.

I understand that folks want to see the games played before they jump onto the Bears bandwagon. That's fine, and I understand that attitude. We've only played 1 game of the Trestman era. But I don't believe the Packers have supernatural powers or anything like that. I think we'll give them everything they can handle this year - and more.

Either way, I do respect the Packers, and look forward to two fantastic games this year against them.
    • Like Like x 3
  5. BossK

BossK Veteran SuperFan

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    46ß
    Option three: Green Bay can kiss my ass, I'll never say anything nice about them and they should prepare their collective bung holes for the ass whoopin they are about to receive from the Bears and hopefully multiple other teams.

[​IMG]
    • Like Like x 6
  6. Nakoma1

Nakoma1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
  7. Nakoma1

Nakoma1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    SHEESH who broke open the Kool aid

4 Da sheds light on another battle ,.... WE da Fans need to be concerned with,... as the Lions ARE improved ,.. Can't count the kitties out either ,.. one game at a time ,..
    Yes i feel the Bears have a chance at winning one game wit da Pack ,... BUT the only way the Packers get unseated by the Bears is for the BEARS WIN to both games I said it in the other thread ALREADY ,..

IF da Bears go to LAMEBLOW and win ,..

WELL THEN BOOK IT ! ! !

The Sweep will be on for them to UNSEAT the CHEEEZZE BITCHING FARMERsssss

AND BY THE WAY WHY ALL this Packer crap in the Main forum why not Rivals ??? jus asking ?
  8. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,696 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    784ß
    There's a pattern here: The Bears are losers of 6 straight, and have only beaten them twice since 2008. The bolded comment is a rather loaded statement.

Again, that's a loaded statement, the Packers have the same offensive scheme since 2006, and we've had 4 since then.
    Yes, but these are still mostly the same players that keep losing to them.

Our all time record has nothing to do with the possibility of the Bears beating the Packers or not. Vince Lombardi and Walter Payton will have no impact, I guarantee. Aaron Rodgers and Jay Cutler will.

But do we have a favorable matchup with them? That is, do our strengths match up well with their weaknesses, and do our weaknesses match up well against their strengths? With a horrible offensive line and defense over the past few years, Green Bay still owns us.

No one does. Those who aren't "jumping on the bandwagon", by your definition, are merely concerned because Aaron Rodgers has consistently destroyed our Top-3 defense, year in, year out.
  9. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +2,303 / 7 / -9
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,819ß
    No team is ever a lock to do anything
    • Like Like x 1
  10. motownbear

motownbear derp daderp daderpidity derp Staff Member Staff Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I dont think this is an easy question. We dont know yet how to rate Trestman as a coach. Pack might be similar to cincy but coaching wise not a damn chance. Sometimes thats the difference between being a perenial under achieving team and a perrenial contender. If Trestman is a legit coach of course we can compete
  11. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +3,369 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,364ß

It seems to come down to the question of how much a person believes the Bears team has improved. Benj, I can understand that some folks may believe this team isn't significantly better than the Lovie/Tice team. But I believe we have really improved over the past teams, but I also understand that 1 game into the season doesn't necessarily prove that theory - I'll give you that.

Hopefully as the next few games unfold for both teams, we'll see that the Bears ARE proven to be much better, and that Rodgers & Company are not as invincible as some fear.

You do make a number of good points though.
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2013
  12. mdbearz

mdbearz Veteran

Ratings:
    +295 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    33ß
    I want to say yes, and I feel like it is not just another, "We like our chances" ho-hum, Lovieism.

It is an offensive driven league, and we finally have a coach and GM that want to improv the offense.

We are not attacking the Pack with Rashid Davis and Devin Hester as the starting WRs, or having Tice make the calls after half the play clock has expired, or winning games only on the back of defense or special teams.

I believe!!!!
    • Like Like x 3
  13. Nakoma1

Nakoma1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:

WootSign.gif
  14. zelezo vlk

zelezo vlk Veteran

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Rodgers isn't unbeatable. I'm just looking forward to another classic Bears/Packers game. Hopefully this time the Bears walk away victors.
  15. BearsWin

BearsWin Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    this is correct, that is why "any given Sunday". Not even sure that they are better, though, on Sunday, both GB and SF looked good in 1st half.
  16. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +2,303 / 7 / -9
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,819ß
    And the Bears offense looked bad in the first half.
  17. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,761ß
    Well I see Evernight cast his vote in a minority of one! LOL Seriously I don't know if that was your vote or not brother but I couldn't resist taking a shot across your bow. :D

Hell no it's not a lock. They may well be the ones with the biggest OL problems this year and in certain ways their defense is still suspect. The entire NFCN is gonna be more competitive than it's been in a while but the Pack is still the guys everyone else has to beat. I give is great odds for at least a split with a slight, OK very slight, chance of a sweep based as much as anything on our unpredictability now that Trestman is running the show.
    • Like Like x 1
  18. little bear

little bear Assistant Head Coach

Ratings:
    +1,144 / 1 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,456ß
    I've always been a pessimist, so no they won't beat the Packers. At least not this year.
  19. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,761ß
    True Benji but Trestman came out and explained why. He played it very conservatively to begin with in order to grow some confidence in the pass protection and it worked. When he opened it up in the second half Cutler looked very confident he would get the time he needed and he made all the right throws.

It's been a very long time since I saw a Bears offense acting so calm and collected and come back from a two TD deficit to win on their own without the defense setting the table for them. Even while they were running out the clock they executed well and held on to the ball until the end. Even without that last penalty with no timeouts I don't believe Cincy could have gotten in position to score with only a minute left.

That was a major corner they turned in the second half.
    • Like Like x 2
  20. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,696 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    784ß
    More than likely not, but with a guy like AJ Green, ya can't rule it out (Like how Marshall amazingly helped us get to overtime against the Seahawks last year)