POLL: Do you believe the Packers are a lock to win the NFC-N?

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by JustAnotherBearsFan99, Sep 10, 2013.

?

Do you believe the Packers are a lock to win the NFC-N?

1. motownbear

motownbear derp daderp daderpidity derp Staff Member Staff Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Im the one who said no cause I saw noone else vote no lol
  2. Evernight

Evernight Rookie

Ratings:
    +75 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    10ß
    No, I voted no good sir. As I said in the other thread, the Bears and Packers have a chance of beating each other every single year, regardless of record or personnel.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +711 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    424ß
    This's the 1st time in decades I'm more concerned about our D not being ready for this game as opposed to the O. We need the D line step up and I want Bostic to get some playing time before this game comes around. This must be the twilight zone because I am really questioning the D over the O. :confused:
    • Like Like x 2
  4. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,760ß
    Well you can never say never but I'd say the odds against it were awfully steep. At that point in time with no time outs we'd have been rushing four and dropping seven and the pass rushers wouldn't have been playing run at all they'd just lay their ears back and rush. If he could have gotten them into FG range under those circumstances then I would have some serious concerns about our defense but after that last TD they scored we shut them down pretty good.

I'm probably a masochist but I was disappointed we didn't punt to them and then get a chance to take some shots at Dalton in the final minute. I think our sack totals would have notched up by at least one. ;)
    • Like Like x 1
  5. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,760ß
    I was wrong. I think little bear fessed up to being the only yes vote. To tell the truth I really didn't think it was you but we haven't talked in a while so I figured this was as good a way as any to get that ball rolling, LOL. Looks like the NFCN is gonna get a lot tighter again this year.

Now that they have Reggie Bush the Lions have another guy who can break games wide open and the Vikes can ride AP as far as he'll take 'em. I don't think either of them will be better than the Pack or the Bears but there are gonna be some damn tough division games this year don't you think?
  6. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,561 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    572ß
    Agree completely, but I think about the Calvin Johnson "no catch" (If Berrian's no catch was a no catch, then his was too, and I don't care if anyone disagrees), and the heart attacks I almost had, lol. My buddy had to get me a shot after that game.
  7. JPosh2012

JPosh2012 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +86 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I think that we have shot BUT the NFC-North as usual will be a very tough division with three teams in the hunt. I think it will be a photo finish to be honest.
  8. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +711 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    424ß
    Do you really believe Detroit is that good? I still see this as only 2 man contest in the NFCN. Vikes where dumbass lucky last year if wasn't for our fearless dumbass leaders.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,561 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    572ß
    There's already talk of benching Ponder in favor of..............................Matt Cassel. BUT, we need our guys to make that happen. Ponder is the new "Grossman of the NFCNorth", and we don't need his good side (WTF that is) to show.
    Detroit's offense is good, but as the Packers have owned us, we own them. Food chain, b*tches!
  10. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +216 / 2 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    550ß
    HEY ... FUUCK THE PACKERS !!

Fuuck em now ... fuuck em tomorrow ... fuuck em in the future.

CHICAGO BEARS

Aaron Rodgers ... Neidermeyer ... THEYRE DEAD !!

11. short faced bear

short faced bear Assistant Head Coach DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,242 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    171ß
    I remember the Kitties starting out well but the bloom came off that rose fast. I'll wait until the first quarter of the season to be over before I can even make any type of prediction. I'm hopeful for more developing players and minimal injuries to get a bead on the push to where we will be in the NFCN.

-One game, too early, stay even keel. There's going to be some rough ones. Don't get too high or low just hope for adaptive coaches, development and a sense of urgency.
  12. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,781 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,381ß
    What always amazes me about Detroit, is how a team with that much talent, can perform so poorly every year. Over the past 10 years that team has had incredible player talent, but it's like they have a disease there - a "losing disease."

I can't wait to see the next 3 or 4 games played by the Bears. And the same goes for the Packers. By the end of week 4 (the Packers bye week) we'll have a better idea of how good both of our teams are. At least we'll have a general idea at that point. My hope is that our team continues to get better each week for the first 8 weeks (our bye week is week-8). And then in week-9 we can go into Lambeau and make a statement by taking the Packers out bigtime. Trestman seems to be a brilliant tactician as well as a solid coach. I expect he's already crafting something special for the Packers. He just seems like that kind of guy. He realizes, as we do, that the road to the championship goes through Green Bay. He has to blow them up to get to the promised land.
    • Like Like x 3
  13. Tarkus

Tarkus Veteran

Ratings:
    +270 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Still surprised that some view Trestman as a rookie HC. This guy has a resume & proved it in Cincy by the adjustments he made, not the normal surprises rookie HCs get away with early in the year. He kept us calm & focused for 60 minutes relying our roster's strengths while not disregarding our weaknesses. That alone changes our knee jerk reactions that are left over from the LS era.

However, until we prove we're up to the GB task, GB holds the cards & still concern me when it comes to the North. Having said that, we look to have at least a slugger's shot to steal their thunder but it sure won't be easy. Even with a weak OL/marginal at best run game & holes on D, Rodgers & his receivers gave the 49ers fits. That offense is one of those that doesn't lose games but ends up just running out of time.

I have faith but that's not the same as having confidence.

Minny/Lions? Those I have confidence about...
  14. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,781 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,381ß
    I've been thinking about this since our win.

1. Trestman has considerable experience in the NFL and he's been a part of some amazing teams, developing incredible NFL player-talent.
    2. In 5 seasons as head coach in the CFL he won it all twice - the CFL equivalent of winning 2 Super Bowls in 5 years.

Yet some people talk like he's some young kid getting his first coaching experience. What a bunch of crap. The guys been around forever - and been a winner. He seems like a rare combination of being BOTH a brilliant tactician AND a gifted player developer (an incredible motivator, even though he's not a crazy screamer/yeller like Ditka).

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  15. A-11

A-11 Veteran

Ratings:
    +74 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I believe the Packers are not locked in because this is a good division. I hope the Bears are the ones to claim the throne, but I think it could be any of the teams. My vote was against GB, not really for the Bears. =(

- I don't bet against Adrian Peterson. (period) Yes, Ponder leaves me pondering, but why can't they can get the job done like they have in the past? Kalil is only in his second year, and while their maybe questions about pass protection, I do not question the run blocking.

- The Lions can be scary. Not just, Suh cheap shot scary. Bush fits them rather nicely and I consider him a real threat. One that is a very nice counter to Megatron. Stafford will sling it and like it or not their D Line is a good one.
  16. Tarkus

Tarkus Veteran

Ratings:
    +270 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    & incredible that he's obviously won over the players & immediately diminished the LS hangover they were naturally feeling from losing a coach they liked/respected.

Players aren't fooled by an upbeat, 'we're going to beat the world' rah-rah approach nor are they stupid to his accomplishments/successes. Them buying in so early is a great barometer of the confidence we're seeing on the field & it sure isn't from just a threat of losing starting/playing time.

This guy is the real deal & appears to be a perfect match to Emery to boot. Bear fans should be feeling pretty Damn fortunate to having lightning strike twice at Halas Hall...
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,561 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    572ß
    I voted yes because of the way this was worded. If it were "Are the Packers the favorites?", I might have answered differently, lol
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Nakoma1

Nakoma1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:

NO CHIT JUST ! ! ! !
    GREAT POST Just ! ! WootSign.gif

[​IMG]

It's not how I'm approaching it,

Trestman HAS BEEN around. Trestman wasn't some positions coach or OC before coming here.

He's ALREADY had a GOOD handle on game planning already which has given him the experience ,.. aside being the QB whisperer he is It's still Football in the CFL. Sure the rules are different,..the field is different,STRATEGY is the still the name of the game though. where the ball needs to get into the endzone for a score

Tresty's a proven winner in the CFL , and has been very successful at his forte

I can 't help but believe in the man and hope those winning ways follow him along to here through his perseverance ...

Trestman wasn't my first choice ,... but he keeps winning me over.

It all started with his staff selection,...and that staff is making one complete and cohesive unit out of this team,...something the many of us haven't seen in a long long time.
    The man is moving mountains and moving forward ,... he just moved one big mountain in overcoming a 10 point deficit and defeating one of the AFC's top dawgs
    I believe we've only just begun to witness ,..what the man can do on a full and grander scale

the Sun Times said it best this past Monday

WON ,... to build upon ! !

WootSign.gif
  19. Akuma2000

Akuma2000 Veteran SuperFan

Ratings:
    +165 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    45ß
    Agreed........if we had an above average offense last year to go with our turn over forcing defense we would have made the playoffs regardless if the Vikings won or lost that last game.
  20. Akuma2000

Akuma2000 Veteran SuperFan

Ratings:
    +165 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    45ß

I agree with you.

Trestman is a diamond in the rough, I applaud GM Emery for going beyond the norm and thinking outside the box and going north to get an offensive minded coach (compared to same ol same ol of getting college coaches and making them nfl head coaches etc...) to go with our already awesome defense.
    • Like Like x 1