POLL: Do you believe the Packers are a lock to win the NFC-N?

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by JustAnotherBearsFan99, Sep 10, 2013.

?

Do you believe the Packers are a lock to win the NFC-N?

1. Yes, we can't beat them. Aaron Rodgers is unbeatable.

4 vote(s)
    11.4%
  2. No, GB is a great team, but we have a REAL shot at unseating them this year.

31 vote(s)
    88.6%
  1. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99
    Expand Collapse
    Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!

It seems to come down to the question of how much a person believes the Bears team has improved. Benj, I can understand that some folks may believe this team isn't significantly better than the Lovie/Tice team. But I believe we have really improved over the past teams, but I also understand that 1 game into the season doesn't necessarily prove that theory - I'll give you that.

Hopefully as the next few games unfold for both teams, we'll see that the Bears ARE proven to be much better, and that Rodgers & Company are not as invincible as some fear.

You do make a number of good points though.

#11 JustAnotherBearsFan99, Sep 10, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2013
  2. mdbearz

mdbearz
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

I want to say yes, and I feel like it is not just another, "We like our chances" ho-hum, Lovieism.

It is an offensive driven league, and we finally have a coach and GM that want to improv the offense.

We are not attacking the Pack with Rashid Davis and Devin Hester as the starting WRs, or having Tice make the calls after half the play clock has expired, or winning games only on the back of defense or special teams.

I believe!!!!

• Like Like x 3
  3. Nakoma1

Nakoma1
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

WootSign.gif

4. zelezo vlk

zelezo vlk
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Rodgers isn't unbeatable. I'm just looking forward to another classic Bears/Packers game. Hopefully this time the Bears walk away victors.

5. BearsWin

BearsWin
    Expand Collapse
    Rookie

this is correct, that is why "any given Sunday". Not even sure that they are better, though, on Sunday, both GB and SF looked good in 1st half.

6. The Benjamin

The Benjamin
    Expand Collapse
    George Halas
    Staff Member

And the Bears offense looked bad in the first half.

7. soulman

soulman
    Expand Collapse
    Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Well I see Evernight cast his vote in a minority of one! LOL Seriously I don't know if that was your vote or not brother but I couldn't resist taking a shot across your bow. :D

Hell no it's not a lock. They may well be the ones with the biggest OL problems this year and in certain ways their defense is still suspect. The entire NFCN is gonna be more competitive than it's been in a while but the Pack is still the guys everyone else has to beat. I give is great odds for at least a split with a slight, OK very slight, chance of a sweep based as much as anything on our unpredictability now that Trestman is running the show.

• Like Like x 1
  8. little bear

little bear
    Expand Collapse
    Head Coach

I've always been a pessimist, so no they won't beat the Packers. At least not this year.

9. soulman

soulman
    Expand Collapse
    Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

True Benji but Trestman came out and explained why. He played it very conservatively to begin with in order to grow some confidence in the pass protection and it worked. When he opened it up in the second half Cutler looked very confident he would get the time he needed and he made all the right throws.

It's been a very long time since I saw a Bears offense acting so calm and collected and come back from a two TD deficit to win on their own without the defense setting the table for them. Even while they were running out the clock they executed well and held on to the ball until the end. Even without that last penalty with no timeouts I don't believe Cincy could have gotten in position to score with only a minute left.

That was a major corner they turned in the second half.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Henry Burris

Henry Burris
    Expand Collapse
    Head Coach

More than likely not, but with a guy like AJ Green, ya can't rule it out (Like how Marshall amazingly helped us get to overtime against the Seahawks last year)