POLL: How good of a defense do you think we need to get a Super Bowl win?

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by JustAnotherBearsFan99, Jan 15, 2014.

?

How good of a defense do you think we NEED to get a Super Bowl win?

1. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,867 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    117ß
    I agree, and I'm not blaming anyone. I sure didn't see this D falling apart like it did. I really didn't foresee Peppers collapse. I still have a hard time accepting it. Now that the season is over and I can just calm down and reflect a bit about the team, I do get the feeling we may not be able to completely fix the D in one off-season. Sure, it's possible to be significantly better this coming season, but I think it will be 2015 (at best) before the defense is really really solid again. And by solid, I don't mean top-5 like the Lovie years......I don't expect that to happen, but rather just being a top-10 defense. I'd love to see that happen by 2015. Even with a team focused primarily on offense, I'm still hoping we can rebuild the defense to be a top-10ish unit.
  2. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,487 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    314ß
    I don't ever expect them to be a top 10 Def, not while Cutler has that contract, and you have to pay his weapons top dollar also(marshal, jeffery will get top dollar, forte, bushrod etc). The money is going to go to the O side of the ball, and that means your D is going to play 3rd fiddle in FA/most drafts. I expect around a 15th ranked D during the Trestman/Emery years.
  3. kevperro

kevperro Rookie

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    We need a defense that can hold our opponents to at least one less point than our offense can score.
  4. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +170 / 1 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    151ß
    Peanut has years on him ... if moved to safety.
  5. ZifanQ

ZifanQ Pro-Bowler SuperFan

Ratings:
    +125 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Yes, but he wont. The chances of him moving to safety is as big as the Bears' defense being number 1 next season
  6. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,867 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    117ß
    Maybe if we could just have a D somewhere between 10 and 15 we'd be fine. I do believe that is attainable, while still sustaining a solid offense. I don't believe we are forced to have a bottom-feeder defense, just because Trestman is more offense oriented. My hope is that they'll still give some attention to the defense, and a D in that 10-15 range would be enough, IMHO, to get us to where we need to be, to beat the better teams. I'm assuming here, that we continue to have a really powerful offense.