POLL: If "Bad Jay" can't be fixed this season, should we give him a long-term contract anyway?

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by JustAnotherBearsFan99, Sep 30, 2013.

?

If Jay continues to melt down in big games this year, should we give him the long-term contract?

1. jbunch14

jbunch14 Veteran

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I agree with this wholeheartedly. I also really hope Trestman is able to clean up Cutler's mechanics, and continue to improve his consistency, as we saw in the first three games. Cutler has a very natural and rare skill in his ability to close out or come from behind in the fourth quarter of games. That is a good thing, but these terrible dips in the 2nd-3rd quarters have to get cleaned up. I think they will, as he is getting more comfortable in the pocket again due to the protection. If he still displays the same fundamental problems at the end of the season that he has displayed since he has been with the Bears, then we may indeed have a problem. Maybe a tag and trade if that is the case, to regain something for him? I really just don't want to go down the road of fishing for a new QB. I believe in Trestman and Emery, but you guys know our track record here when it comes to QBs.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. 4th and 26

4th and 26 George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +492 / 3 / -5
    ßearz ßuckz:
    106ß
    JA and Lovie may have ruined him but there is still hope for him.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. weneedmorelinemen

weneedmorelinemen Veteran

Ratings:
    +325 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    38ß
    Exactly my point. It's pretty useless to project what a player is going to do by multiplying their stats by the number of games left over the number of games played. Neither of those things are going to happen.