POLL: Would you like to see the Bears trade down for extra draft picks?

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by JustAnotherBearsFan99, Apr 13, 2014.

?

Would like to see the Bears trade down for extra draft picks?

1. Yes, if they can find a trade partner.

14 vote(s)
    46.7%
  2. No, pick at #14.

16 vote(s)
    53.3%
  1. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    801ß
    Ratings:
    +250 / 2 / -1
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    Somthings going to be left on the board at #14 that we need.

Seems like alot of us.

2. lklrlolnlilklsox

lklrlolnlilklsox Position Coach

ßearz ßuckz:
    211ß
    Ratings:
    +407 / 1 / -0
    Hey, so ... Can I get this week's powerball numbers?

• Like Like x 1
  3. soulman

soulman Hall of Famer
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    883ß
    Ratings:
    +1,995 / 7 / -3
    And me next weeks. I'll cut you in jackie.

4. soulman

soulman Hall of Famer
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    883ß
    Ratings:
    +1,995 / 7 / -3
    This year he's probably right though. Looking over the top of the big board I can't see where at least 3 of 5 guys who should be high on Emery's board won't be there and maybe all five. Now whether or not Emery feels they're worth that pick I don't know but with as little info as we can gather at this level the odds are pretty good he'll get one of the guys he'd be happy with.

5. lklrlolnlilklsox

ßearz ßuckz:
    211ß
    Ratings:
    +407 / 1 / -0
    I don't know that either Dix or Donald make it past 12 and though Pryor has grown on me, I don't know that I like him significantly more than Brooks, Ward or Bucannon. Dennard and Fuller don't really appeal to me. I can appreciate the idea of value for non-insiders being a pointless argument, but there is indeed value for a franchise in moving down into a better area for their targets should their board get decimated in front of their original pick.

6. matsellah

matsellah Head Coach
    SuperFan

ßearz ßuckz:
    283ß
    Ratings:
    +2,456 / 8 / -2
    Here's what they should do: Call JA and ask his advice. Then do the exact opposite.

Except in the 3rd round.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,045ß
    Ratings:
    +1,956 / 2 / -0
    That's a great way to put it. IMO, if Dix or Donald is there just take him. Maybe Pryor or Gilbert (who I doubt will be there) are in the same boat. Maybe, if Phil values them highly.

Beyond that, I'd consider a trade down if the offer is reasonable. Dennard has some issues and he wouldn't be an immediate starter anyway. Fuller ditto and the idea of playing him at safety seems crazy to me. Mosley doesn't seem like a great fit. Same with Nix. Jernigan...prob not worth it at 14.

Yeah I'm still stubbornly stuck on Donald or Dix at 14. If both are gone, a trade down scenario starts looking a whole lot more appealing.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. soulman

soulman Hall of Famer
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    883ß
    Ratings:
    +1,995 / 7 / -3
    I'm relatively sure Dix won't be there but if Donald last beyond the Giants I think he will so it's 50/50 and it won't get much better than that until after they make their pick. I suppose there's also a chance someone would trade down to get at him too but I'm not gonna factor that in because there's way to many possibilities when trades begin. No matter though because it's still 50/50 on Donald.

Now it depends on how Emery sees Jernigan, Pryor, Dennard, and Fuller at #14 as opposed to what, if any offers he might get. Arguably they all probably rank as top 20 picks but maybe not as high #14. But my point was more that there are players who will be there whom he probably has an interest in. That was my basis for declining a trade unless the offer was very right and it put me square over the top of the next guy on my board.

I'm not saying there's no value in it ever but I set the conditions under which it made the most sense. What you're saying dovetails with that. If I can't possibly get the impact player I want and I get an good offer that still leaves me able to get the next guy sure I would look at that and so would most any GM. I'm just offering an amateurs opinion but with whatever common sense I add to it. I would have to need many players badly before I'd leave an impact player on the board I could have had.

9. soulman

soulman Hall of Famer
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    883ß
    Ratings:
    +1,995 / 7 / -3
    I'm thinking the Al Davis method is pretty fool proof. PK in one, Punter in two, fastest WR in the daft in three and then turn it over to the scouts for the rest while he took nap.

10. lklrlolnlilklsox

ßearz ßuckz:
    211ß
    Ratings:
    +407 / 1 / -0
    Don't like Jernigan and though Fuller and Dennard are mighty fine CB prospects, I'm too into the depth of the position (especially Verrett and Watkins) to spend a first rounder on a guy who plays NB in perfect world this season while holes remain at S and DT. I don't mind a CB looking at Peanut's age and injury history combined with the uber overrated TJ, but it better be someone our staff is absolutely sold on.