POLL: Would you like to see the Bears trade down for extra draft picks?

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by JustAnotherBearsFan99, Apr 13, 2014.

?

Would like to see the Bears trade down for extra draft picks?

1. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Position Coach

Ratings:
    +1,939 / 7 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,293ß
    BTW JABF, (I wish we could edit earlier posts), conversely, would two lower picks have been better than the McClellin pick? Almost certainly, but we know that now (although many of suspected it then too! LOL)

I just don't think it depends on the position of the picks. I think the picks themselves are what matters. I don;t look at the position as much as the player. In other words, is Player X going to give us more than Player Y1 and Y2? And then you still have the other stuff to deal with -- Will Y1 and Y2 really still be there? Will all three of them really all perform as anticipated? etc. etc....
  2. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +485 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    96ß
    Here's Scenario 2 LOL if Donald fell Emery may well be charged with highway robbery. Plus we get a 3rd next year
    ===============================================================================================================================================================

Round Pick Team Selection Psn School CRI Delta ReachValue

1 26 Chicago Aaron Donald DT43 Pittsburgh P3O +11 Value
    2 35 Chicago Bishop Sankey RBF Washington P3O -2 Reach
    2 51 Chicago Bashaud Breeland CB Clemson P3 -8 Reach
    3 82 Chicago Dion Bailey SS USC P2 -20 Reach
    4 117 Chicago Ed Reynolds FS Stanford P1 -22 Reach
    5 156 Chicago Max Bullough ILB Michigan State P3 -13 Reach
    6 183 Chicago Aaron Murray QB Georgia +21 Reach
    6 191 Chicago Xavier Grimble TE USC P4 +10 Value
    • Like Like x 1
  3. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,760ß
    Good stuff Grizz. I can see, and I hope the rest can the futility of trading back just a few spots unless the player or players you want are gone and you're ambivalent about the next two or three. If I'm Emery you couldn't move me from that spot for a 3rd or 4th round shot at a project or a backup and that's what we'd by looking at. There would have to be a 2014 mid 2nd round pick in the package period. The only question would be how much I'd have to give back in the way of another pick and I'm not sure I'd want to do that unless it was a future pick.

Now the scenario with Cleveland is interesting since it gives us an early 2nd and puts us in the middle of some of the 2nd tier 1st round guys. The SF deal seems less attractive to me but maybe Emery knows of a lot of mid round bargains. The Denver deal I don't like at all. The 2nd round pick is too late unless I use it for another trade up. I've never seen Emery get quite that complex but there's a first time for everything.
  4. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,760ß
    True but that's damn near impossible with as many good OTs and two top WRs in the top ten or twelve as there are.
  5. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,760ß
    No, I think it's valid question and you're seeing it correctly. The #14 pick is only that more valuable if you get the impact player whose a perfect fit for your team and your needs. If not and your ambivalent about the next guys on your board then it does make sense.
  6. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,760ß
    But we don't need 10 picks. With all of the upgrading we've done and the offense relatively well off half those guys would never make this team. They're a waste to us just like they would be to SF which is why they'd love to unload them just like we would if we were in that same spot. Sorry but that's sucker trade unless you can spend most of those picks moving up and in this draft I'd doubt you'd find takers.
  7. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,760ß
    No, they wouldn't be or at least not to me and I hope not to Emery either. Just like I said above most of those guys would make the team so they're wasted picks. The Cleveland deal works because we get picks in that range where you get good but not great core players you can start and win with.
  8. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,760ß
    Try Ryan Shazier at #35 and Ward or Bucannon at #51. Then you hit on your DT, your FS/SS, and a really good WLB prospect to replace Briggs next year. One sure starter, one potential starter, and one future starter. Then you have max flexibility in rounds 3-6.

Grizz, as little value as RBs have these days I just can't see using a 2nd round pick on one while we're still trying to fill holes on the D. If we needed a #1 RB maybe but we don't and chances are a rookie wouldn't see anymore touches than Bush got. We have Ford and he's been in the system from a year and can also return kicks and play coverage. What we need is a guy who can push him. IMHO it's too early to use a high pick on Forte's heir apparent. We can find RB and QB prospects later. Let's get defensive starters and depth first.
  9. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,764 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,351ß
    Next hour we'll determine how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.
    Later tonight we'll tackle the age old question, "Did Lovie truly master the challenge flag toss before leaving Chicago?"
    All theoretical of course. :smile:

[​IMG]
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +1,939 / 7 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,293ß
    I've always wondered about the pin thing. Keep me in the loop on that one....

Lovie does look like he does enjoy his handiwork. He seems quite pleased with his throw. He's not even asleep here.
  11. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +2,764 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,351ß
    It's all meaningless now. We blew it all when we failed to get the 3 first round picks for trading Hester along with the detailed Mike Tice plan for "The Hester Package"....and we should have been given a compensation draft pick for teaching J'Marcus Webb how to tie his own shoes.......now that the Vikings have a fully educated Webb.
  12. Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +1,939 / 7 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,293ß
    Both illustrations are now meanless. I guess I was just trying to point out that we had two first rounds picks that could both be considered unpopular when made, but they had very different results. You can't even foretell how your own pick will come out, much less if your alternate lower picks will either be there or how any of them will turn out. It's a suckers bet. (which I am usually custom fitted for)
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +2,764 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,351ß
    Here's Lovie describing to the Tampa sports media how he'll throw that sucker in Tampa. He's obviously improved his technique...

[​IMG]
  14. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +836 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    894ß
    I already did it and posted last weekend. Think I called it draftek something. here it is 2nd and last mock reflect a trade with SF
    http://www.dabears.com/threads/draftek-simulator.2343/#post-48866
  15. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,760ß
    Depends. Waltz or Tango. A Tango requires more room. :rofl2:
    • Like Like x 1
  16. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +2,764 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,351ß
  17. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +485 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    96ß
    Those weren't my picks soul, I just ran a sim draft on draftek with the trade down scenarios and that's what it gave me.
    • Like Like x 1
  18. weneedmorelinemen

weneedmorelinemen Veteran

Ratings:
    +387 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    108ß
    Webb's still a free agent. Kansas City brought him in for a look, but it was just out of morbid curiosity.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,760ß
    Oh, gotcha.
  20. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,760ß
    Probably to see if he could eat that 48 oz sirloin in half an hour a local restaurant offer a challenge on.