POLL: Would you like to see the Bears trade down for extra draft picks?

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by JustAnotherBearsFan99, Apr 13, 2014.

?

Would like to see the Bears trade down for extra draft picks?

1. Yes, if they can find a trade partner.

14 vote(s)
    46.7%
  2. No, pick at #14.

16 vote(s)
    53.3%
  1. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99
    Expand Collapse
    Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    5,275ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    I get it Griz, and I'm not putting you on the spot saying this is gospel. Just putting it out there for the sake of discussion. I might try that draft tool and see what a scenario like this would look like with real people plugged in vs. what I have been running with our #14 pick and the status quo picks remaining. It would at least put some faces to the numbers. Maybe some others here can do this too.

And finally, I get it that this may just be a pipe dream. But it does kill some time between now and the draft. It's pretty boring at the moment :-)

2. Grizzblue

Grizzblue
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    513ß
    JABF the deals I threw out are best case scenario. Maybe a more realistic deal with the niners would be their first and both 2nds. Makes the numerical values more equal but they could throw in that 4th or a future pick too if they had a reason to (IE... another team was wanting to deal too or Phil could convince them we might just take their guy instead)

But yeah, if we were able to get the kind of value I threw out there it would be great. I was just using it as an example that if we move it better be because the deal was sweet. What I don't want to see is something like...

To SF: 14 (1100)

To Chi: 30,61,100 (1,012)

That kinda deal is one outta JA's playbook and if thats the case we should take a top guy at 14

• Like Like x 1
  3. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99
    Expand Collapse
    Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    5,275ß
    All good points. I am going to run that draft tool and try and put some faces to these pick numbers. I've run several with our existing picks. I'll try to run it with the lower first round pick and the additional picks to see what comes up. Maybe some others here can do likewise. I realize it's all conjecture that probably WON'T happen. But it's slow and why not dink around a bit. :-)

4. Grizzblue

Grizzblue
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    513ß

Yep, 99% of the stuff on here that is talked about from Jan-FA then from April-Draft is all speculation and time killing. But hey, its fun to do/think about and going over every single scenario IMO makes watching the draft 100 times more fun. The more educated on something you are the more fun it becomes to watch and I don't think the draft is any exception. Being able to predict/think of stuff that is/going to happen is why I love draft weekend and literally can sit and watch the first 2 days and sometimes day 3 as well.

• Like Like x 1
  5. riczaj01

riczaj01
    Expand Collapse
    DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,124ß
    B/c of what this draft is, and what the team is needing, I don't think that getting 2 extra picks(2 in the 2nd) is bad, you still get 3 day 1 starters out of your 3 first picks, that could go A LONG way to fixing this def.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston
    Expand Collapse
    Assistant Head Coach
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,936ß
    But Ric:
    I'm honestly just killing time with this little debate too because neither side can win this. So who would those three starters be? And who would you be giving up to get them? And how do you know those three would be available? And how do you know Phil would pick them? It is fun to fool with, but I have never ever seen a pre draft scenario that has unfolded.

7. Grizzblue

Grizzblue
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    513ß
    Ok I played.... Here is Scenario 1...and if I had a crystal ball that could gaurentee that it would go exactly this way at least in rounds 1-4 I'd love it... By the way the sim had SF taking Barr who fell LOL
    =============================================================================================================================================================

Round Pick Team Selection Psn School CRI Delta ReachValue

1 30 Chicago Johnny Manziel QB Texas A&M P3O +23 Value
    2 51 Chicago Ra'Shede Hageman DT43 Minnesota P3O +9 Value
    2 56 Chicago Bashaud Breeland CB Clemson P3O -3 Reach
    2 61 Chicago Tre Mason RBF Auburn P3 -10 Reach
    3 82 Chicago Dion Bailey SS USC P2 -20 Reach
    4 117 Chicago Lamin Barrow ILB LSU P3 -13 Reach
    4 129 Chicago Marcel Jensen TE Fresno State P6 +9 Value
    5 156 Chicago Shaquil Barrett OLB43 Colorado State P4R -7 Reach
    6 183 Chicago Jalen Saunders WRS Oklahoma P4 +9 Value
    6 191 Chicago John Urschel OG Penn State P4R -23 Reach

8. riczaj01

riczaj01
    Expand Collapse
    DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,124ß
    There are any #' of guys that can be starters in the first 2-3 rounds. Any # of DB's and DL are capable of starting and playing at a high level, it's also one of the reasons a team looking to drop back WILL NOT get the better deal this year.

9. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston
    Expand Collapse
    Assistant Head Coach
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,936ß
    yeah.... theoretically, but in reality, some of those guys that we think can be starters, really can't be and there will be a few that people did not think could be good starters that will be. Just like stocks. Give me tomorrows newspaper today and I bet I can tell you which ones will be winners. All I can say is.... three more weeks can't get here fast enough... I'd like to know what the team looks like after the draft.

• Like Like x 1
  10. soulman

soulman
    Expand Collapse
    Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,775ß
    Thanks sox. I'd have to agree with you. The need is greater at S but Dennard has the size to play with the big boys like Megatron. Tough choice but we need a starter with that pick and that says Pryor. Tuitt? Man I just don't like "Domer" linemen. They usually disappoint. I think he might be a decent 3-4 DE or a 4-3 LDE run stopper but we just signed one of the best in the game to do just that. I have my doubts about him as DT though and that's what we need. I don't see him as rusher.