POLL: Would you like to see the Bears trade down for extra draft picks?

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by JustAnotherBearsFan99, Apr 13, 2014.

?

Would like to see the Bears trade down for extra draft picks?

1. Yes, if they can find a trade partner.

14 vote(s)
    46.7%
  2. No, pick at #14.

16 vote(s)
    53.3%
  1. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99
    Expand Collapse
    Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    5,266ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!

Looks like another guy who will be hopping a train to Tampa. Lovie's guys are comin' home.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99
    Expand Collapse
    Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    5,266ß
    Here's mine from the Fanspeak On the Clock (and as you said, we'd still get an extra guy in the 3rd round next season too).

1 29 Chicago
    DT TIMMY JERNIGAN

2 35 Chicago
    ILB C.J. MOSLEY

2 51 Chicago
    SS JIMMIE WARD

3 82 Chicago
    FS TERRENCE BROOKS

4 117 Chicago
    CB PIERRE DESIR (I'd love to see the Bears draft this guy)

5 156 Chicago
    TE CROCKETT GILMORE

6 183 Chicago
    QB LOGAN THOMAS

6 191 Chicago
    CB ANDRE HAL

3. soulman

soulman
    Expand Collapse
    Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,700ß
    Whoa, that would be a pretty powerful draft through four. Wonder if Quarles would trump Jernigan at that #29 spot but the rest sweet Jeezus!

4. Grizzblue

Grizzblue
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    513ß

If this is how it ended up happening I would be beyond happy. Jernigan, Mosley and Ward could all compete for starting jobs. Brooks would be a high ceiling guy if he develops as well as Thomas and Desir. Don't kow much about Gilmore and Hall but they provide depth.

That brings up an interesting topic. If Mosley starts to slip into pick 34-40 range wonder if Phil looks at trading up I think he is a great pick, just not at 14

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99
    Expand Collapse
    Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    5,266ß
    I'm going to run the draft again this morning to see what unfolds. Maybe I'll use one of the other two draft scenarios that Griz threw out there yesterday. I completely understand that fans were sick of how Jerry Angelo traded down and picked mediocre talent.

But that doesn't necessarily mean the trade down idea itself is a bad one.

Sometimes it may make sense for a team that is a better judge of player talent than Jerry Angelo was, to harvest an extra player or two in that "sweet spot" of the draft by trading down. It also depends upon the draft-year. This year, there is some depth at some of the positions, that might make it worth our while to grab an extra 2nd rounder guy who could start day-1, if the trade down in the first round looked like it would still get us a rock solid player too. I think this is why a guy like Bill Belichick does this so often. We may like or hate Belichick, but the guy has put together a Hall of Fame coaching career by being football-smart. It's not always about the "name" draft pick that the fans want. Sometimes it makes sense to restock the cupboard with players from that sweet spot in the draft that includes the second (and even 3rd) round.

6. Grizzblue

Grizzblue
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    513ß

I agree with what you said I just don't think the value will be there for a trade down. The scenarios I mentioned are best case scenarios and I would hope Emery would jump all over one of those deals. More realistically though it would be US getting the short end numerically probably a SF deal would look more like 14 for their first, their later 2nd and a 5th or something. If Emery could somehow hardball them into a deal like I mentioned I would support the move down but I think if we did move we would all be disappointed on what we got back.

7. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99
    Expand Collapse
    Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    5,266ß
    I agree, it would all depend upon the value of the deal. And that would be true of any trade down. Emery is smart enough to not take a bad deal here. If a good one presents itself then jump on it. If not, then stay the course with the #14 pick. I'm pretty excited about the upcoming draft either way. I just want to see who we end up with. And I could see Emery adding a guy or two after the draft too.

8. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston
    Expand Collapse
    Assistant Head Coach
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,928ß
    I think most agressive teams that have needs add players in the post draft FA. This is when players get released because of the draft players, and some of them might be better than players already on the team.

9. Grizzblue

Grizzblue
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    513ß
    I would keep an eye on SF and Den I Barr or Mack falls out of the top 10-12. Moving up to the top 10 would prolly cost too much but If they are there after they may want to move. Both are seemingly all in this year and it may be tempting.

10. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99
    Expand Collapse
    Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    5,266ß
    Okay, I ran the Fanspeak.com draft again, but this time with the "Scenario 1" option. I call this one "The Barr Scam" :-)

Round 1, pick 30 - SS JIMMIE WARD

Round 2, pick 51 - DT TIMMY JERNIGAN

Round 2, pick 56 - OG GABE JACKSON
    (I couldn't pass him up) "Compares to Larry Warford, - Jackson's rare and surprising combination of size, quickness and power should remind a lot of scouts of the 2013 NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year, Warford"

Round 2, pick 61 - ILB CHRIS BORLAND

Round 3, pick 82 - TE C.J. FIEDOROWICZ (Solid reciever AND blocker)

Round 4, pick 117 - DT EGO FERGUSON

Round 4, pick 129 - CB BASHAUD BREELAND

Round 5, pick 156 - CB DEION BELUE

Round 6, pick 183 - RB ANDRE WILLIAMS

Round 6, pick 191 - SS CRAIG LOSTON (I was shocked he dropped to here)

#90 JustAnotherBearsFan99, Apr 15, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2014