Pompei Thinks we may go for Mosley

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by BSBEARS, Mar 30, 2014.

1. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +3,014 / 9 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,051ß
    yep, and some of us will say he's the next Shea and some will say he's the next Long, and some will be right and some will be wrong and claim it's proof that the others have no idea what they are talking about.

Emery is doing a bang up job of pitting the fans against eachother to keep the heat of him and his staff :lol-027:
  2. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,402 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    818ß
    I think we're all hoping this is the case 4d. It would be a huge help to the defense. And if he does bust, then it's always heartbreaking to have a first rounder not work out for us. We'll all just have to wait and see what unfolds here. I do believe Shea has the physical attributes to be a solid LB. But we'll just see.
  3. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,872 / 6 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,627ß
    Where do you get the idea McClellin doesn't have any "elite" skills? He had a productive college career playing far more of a roving OLB who sometimes lined up at DE. If you watched his videos from when he as at Boise State the kid was a holy terror. It was Emery who insisted that he could play DE.

He's only 1" shorter an 8-10lbs lighter than Urlacher and their Combine stats are very similar as far as speed and maneuverability. Urlacher gets a huge edge in pass coverage because he was a Safety/Rover Back in college who converted to LB. McClellin has always been more of a natural LB then a DE all long.

Emery got stars in his eyes over watching those college videos and drafted an undersized player to play at DE believing the could get his weight up to 260-265lbs. He's listed at 260lbs but he never played that heavy. McClelling himself said he started in 2012 at around 248lbs and ended up around 242-245lbs.

He doesn't have the size to play DE and to me he's always been a natural for that SLB spot. Just about every other GM in the NFL but Emery saw him that way too. I don't think the problem was drafting him so much as it was expecting him to play a positions he simply isn't built to play. If he doesn't cut at LB then he becomes a bust but I think he'll do well there.
  4. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +450 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    59ß

Umm, I do believe Shea played a Jack 70 in college. A 3-4 outside linebacker. He never was a DE and never should have been. A transition to some LB spot should be as smooth as it possibly could be. It is no gaurentee he will succeed, but I would say we are about the only team that would have placed him at DE. Most other teams (probably even even fronts) would have put him at one of their LBs pending on scheme. The point some were trying to make is that Shea and Urlacher have some similar qualities in terms of athleticism and intensity.
  5. 4dabers

4dabers Veteran DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +738 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    84ß
    LOL, we got it! Glad to know I'm not the only one that posts things and then wonders if people will take it the wrong way. :smilebig:
  6. 4dabers

4dabers Veteran DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +738 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    84ß
    I know this thread is supposed to be about Mosely, so sorry if I am hijacking with more discussion about SheaMac; but it's possible that his misplaced positioning over the last two years will help him become a much better Blitzing Linebacker. What he has received over the last two years is experience doing battle in the trenches that most Linebackers never get, and a head of steam from a Linebacker position prior to getting to that battle could be just the cure to allow him to jump out.

By the way, do you guys like my orange and blue colored glasses? :Go BEARS:
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,477 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    414ß
    Damnit, May 8 is finals and my birthday already. I appreciate everyone pitching in to make my birthday that much more important, but I won't be able to watch it, now.