Post Combine Bears Mock

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by BSBEARS, Mar 1, 2014.

1. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +498 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    322ß
  2. Ojibway Bob

Ojibway Bob Veteran SuperFan

Ratings:
    +81 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    11ß
    wow I would not be upset at all
  3. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,480 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    299ß
    That's a solid draft, I hope that Hagemen at 14 is b/c Donald and Jernigan are already gone though. The RB is purely if the team doesn't re sign Bush
  4. BearJim

BearJim Veteran SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +141 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I like it a lot BSB. Plus if Hageman is the way we want to go, we could probably trade down a bit & still pick him up. Maybe even that SF trade you came up with would work. Hell, he used to be a TE so I wouldn't be surprised if he played as an extra blocker on goal line situations. Obviously that's not what we would be drafting him for, but Emery wants guys that can play multiple positions & this kid fits the bill. The only worry as previously stated is lack of production but hopefully he just needs some coaching. Does anyone here know anyone on Minnesota's coaching staf without googling it?
  5. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +998 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    28ß
    That's what worries me about RH. Athletic freak and "versatile" but unimpressive college production for a guy with his physical attributes. He disappeared in the Senior Bowl when Donald dominated. I thought we were gonna move away from drafting athletes over football players? Is this guy another pool jumper?
    • Like Like x 1
  6. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +498 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    322ß
    Remember Hageman played TE his first few yrs. He is still learning the DLine positions and moved all around thus complicating DT or DE growth. I believe he will be a stud football player. Rotations will keep him fresh unlike in college and good coaching technique will cure the rest. If he has the desire to be the best, I think he has everything he needs to be the best. I Do not know his desire, but hopefully the interview process will determine all that, but a player who played so many positions to me is a positive, in one way it shows desire to play and contribute as a team player. Not to mention he fits the versatility Emery has eluded to.

upload_2014-3-2_13-14-55.png
  7. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,480 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    299ß
    by Emery's past drafts it doesn't appear college production means much, now lets see if he changes that. If production on the field does mean something then Donald or Jernigan will be more likely then a guy like Hageman. If versatility is a bigger factor then production then Hagemen might well be the guy; especially if they plan on doing 4-3 base w/a little 3-4 in there also.
  8. DavidL

DavidL Pro-Bowler SuperFan

Ratings:
    +605 / 5 / -20
    ßearz ßuckz:
    314ß
    I'm not sure about the Emery "draft a physical freak" approach to the draft. I mean, CornWash had better combine statistics than Hageman or Martin, and we're still waiting to see whether he can develop. I hope so, but the jury is still out.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. BearJim

BearJim Veteran SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +141 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    That's definity a big concern if we draft RH. His down side appears to be as high as his upside. I would say if we stay @14 we don't touch him. But if we trade down or he falls to us in rd 2 we have to consider making him a Bear. Donald in a trade down & Hageman falling to us in the rd 2 would be my preference but it probably ain't happening.

.:18_1_104v[1]:
    • Like Like x 1