Post day 1 mock

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by riczaj01, Mar 11, 2014.

1. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,900 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    919ß
    No projecting future cuts or etc, just what the team is and what the draft could look like b/c of it:

QB: Cutler/Palmer/____
    RB: Forte/Ford/____
    OT: Bushrod/Mills/JLong/Brown
    OG: Slauson/Long/Brown/Boggs
    OC: Garza/Boggs
    TE: Bennet/Onobun/____
    WR: Jeffery/Marshal/Wilson/Bennett/Tolliver
    DT/NT: Ratliff/Collins/Paea/Houston/____
    DE: Houston/Bass/Washington/____
    OLB: Briggs/Shea/Bostic/Greene
    ILB: Williams/Bostic/____
    CB: Jennings/Frey/Hayden/____
    S: Conte/Mundy/____/_____

Team needs by ranking:
    DL
    DB
    TE
    ILB
    RB
    QB

Draft:

14: Haha Clinton Dix S: The team has a ton of holes to fill on the DL and DB, and they decide to go w/the highest player on the board at this time knowing the depth of talent this wasn't a hard choice. He might not have elite speed, but that's his only downfall, he'll be able to cover when asked, can be a steady tackler and a hard hitter when necessary. Best part, he's not a FS or SS, whatever he needs to play based on the future he can do it.

51: Stanley Sean Baptiste CB: A big CB that can TRY and replace Tillman day 1, he's at least a capable day 1 starter opposite Jennings.

82: Anthony Johnson DT: The team gets a good rotational DT here, the guy is considered an explosive freak for the size 300+ lbs. And he might well become a starter in the next year or so.

113: CJ Fiedeorowicz TE: Big pass catching TE, another 6'6" target for Cutler that is a legit backup to DaOD, and has the size that should allow him to become a legit blocker in the NFL also.

144: Taylor Hart, DE: big versatile at 6'6" 281, he's a DL player can play multiple positions he's a mixed bag that needs to work on his footwork and stance to help create a better burst but can rush the passer and can stop the run.

167: Andrew Jackson ILB: big guy that is a big hitter not a pass coverage guy but w/the 6th round all your hoping for is something w/the potential for growth and a potential hit. on Run downs he can and will be a pressance b/c of his physicality.

175: Casey Pachall QB: Bears need a young project and Pachall fits what they like in size and arm strength and good pocket presence, but he's in no way ready to start or even backup for the next year or so.

UDFA
    RB: Glasco Martin, a big physical rb that can be a backup and potential replacement to Forte 2-3 years down the line if it all goes right.
    S: CJ Barnett: S, team needs depth at S and they get it here.
    C: Jonathan Harrison C, the team needs a guy that they can hopefully work out if Boggs doesn't. It's a UDFA if it doesn't work out the team has lost nothing.

QB: Cutler/Palmer/Pachall
    RB: Forte/Ford/Glasco
    OC: Garza/Boggs/Harrison
    TE: Bennet/Feirdeorowicz/Onobun
    DT/NT: Ratliff/Johnson/Collins/Paea/Houston
    DE: Houston/Hart/Bass/Washington
    ILB: Williams/Bostic/Jackson
    CB: Jennings/SSB/Frey/Hayden/
    S: Conte/Dix/Mundy/Barnett

Rip away b/c I passed on Donald :)
    • Like Like x 1
  2. zelezo vlk

zelezo vlk Veteran

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I'm just not as high on Clinton Dix as others. I'd rather see a slight trade down and take him if they're dead set on safety or Calvin Pryor. Plus that could net up to another third. Overall, I like how you hit the needs
  3. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,475 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    412ß
    I wanna see us take a look at Nick Collins. Dude's only 30 and supposedly cleared to play football. If my smiling Kanye avatar is any indication, it's a good idea to check him out.

As far as the draft goes, gimme a defensive line. We only added one piece, and as of now have lost 2. The guy we signed isn't going to replace pep, and unless Melton comes back, we're gonna need to spend high on DE and DT. After that, get a QB to back up Cutler (I know Palmer is on the squad, but I meant NFL QB) and a safety, and everything else is tertiary.
  4. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +2,900 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    919ß
    no we added 2 and lost 2, Ratliff/Collins Peppers and Wootton. And we addressed the DL w/Johnson and Martin, both are every bit as capable of being in a rotation as anyone in the first round, which is what is going to happen at DT.

This draft should net 3 future day 1 starters and at least 2 instant rotation guys. thats a hell of a draft.
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
  5. Akuma2000

Akuma2000 Veteran SuperFan

Ratings:
    +163 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    36ß
    Exactly.
  6. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +2,900 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    919ß
    Now going into next year you lose Collins/Ratliff and Briggs DJ Williams and Conte, but this is how your depth looks:

DT/NT: Johnson/Paea/Houston
    DE: Houston/Hart/Bass/Washington
    OLB: Bostic/Shea
    ILB: Jackson
    CB: Jennings/SSB/Frey
    S: Dix/Mundy/Barnett

Needs:
    DT/ILB/OLB/CB/S

Some of that is just depth, the only Starters are ILB and S opposite Dix That is a hell of a change from this year. The depth will come via FA and then starters are ILB/S and then BPA from there on out.
  7. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +2,900 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    919ß
    QB: Cutler/Palmer/____
    RB: Forte/Ford/____
    OC: Garza/Boggs
    TE: Bennet/Onobun/____
    DT/NT: Ratliff/Collins/Paea/Houston/____
    DE: Houston/Bass/Washington/____
    ILB: Williams/Bostic/____
    CB: Jennings/Frey/Hayden/____
    S: Conte/Mundy/DJJen/_____

again no more real FA moves but this time it's a trade back:

Cleveland trades backup to grab another key player and the Bears get more picks, but it won't be at equal value, as Emery has stated.
    14=1100 pts
    1st 26=700pts 3rd 83rd=175 5th 133=39

26th Stephen Truitt DE/DT. The kid has the size and power of a DT but can play DE and has some speed and mutliple moves already. Truitt is Emery loves kind of player "Versatile". Which is also something the new coaches were brought in to devleop and take advantage of.

51st Keith McGill is a bigger CB to be able to measure up against some of the taller WR's in the NFL and is a good pairing opposite Jennings, he needs some polishing but if the coaches can do it he has all the intangibles you could hope for in your starting CB

82nd Craig Langston SS: Bears need a guy to play SS and while Langston needs work, he's still more then capable of contributing.

83rd Tre Boston FS: Bears get a guy that is versatile and has the ability to play the pass and run coverage, he's a bit small being sub 6 ft and also a bit undersized and will need to add weight, but should be able to come in and be part of the DB rotation.

113th Ego Ferguson DT: Bears need a rotaltional DT this year and a guy w/the potential to develop into a starter next year and Ego fits the bill, he has all the athletic ability but needs some fine tuning

133rd Xavier Gimble TE: He has the size and weight to be able to develop into a good backup for Marty B coming into the 5th round thats all you are looking for.

144 Tyler Larsen C: Boggs is back, but he's obviously not ready to take the reigns yet as Garza is also, enter someone who could be the real developmental guy of the future 2-3 years down the line.

167 : David Fales QB: Bears want/need a young developmental guy in case Cutler isn't the answer after 3yrs and Fales has the talent but needs the work to sit awhile before it really shines.

175 Jeoffrey Pagan DE/DT: versatile w/potential, again all you can hope for.
  8. 4dabers

4dabers Veteran DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +721 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    71ß
    I'll take either one of your drafts ric, but just for the record, the kid from Notre Dame is Stephen Tuitt, not Truitt (no R). :)
    • Like Like x 1
  9. lklrlolnlilklsox

lklrlolnlilklsox Position Coach

Ratings:
    +305 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    53ß
    As far as Dix's speed is concerned, fuck the combine and watch the tape. The guy's range is insane. He closes to passes along the sideline as well as anyone I've seen come out recently and closes on the sharp flat angles incredibly quickly.
    • Like Like x 2
  10. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +2,900 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    919ß
    To be fair I was doing this while at work, I and kept getting interupted for *gasp* work.

Sox, I agree I don't know how anyone can look at the group that will be around 14 and not get really excited about the prospect of a guy in the backfield like Dix. Anyone watching the stupid money getting thrown around for DB's? Byrd signed what a 12mil a year deal? Isn't that what NE just gave Revis? Anyone willing to pay that kind of cash to get an elite DB? And again you can get pass rushers in the middle rounds that are a lot closer to the Donalds and Jernigans then I think you can get S's that are equal to a guy like HaHa.
  11. dabears

dabears Veteran

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    And because Emery absorbed Pep's CAP hit this year we should have more money to play with if true.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +2,900 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    919ß
    They might not have said it but this was a rebuild year for the Def, last year's O was a rebuild but you already had the key pieces, the D was not going to be completely retooled in 1 yr the those pieces won't be in place until next year.
  13. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +450 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    57ß

Lamarcus Joyner (fsu) can be had in round 2 according to most mocks. I would not disagree with Dix or Pryor at 14 and DT in round 2 but if we did go Donald then thats another option.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. 4dabers

4dabers Veteran DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +721 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    71ß
    Nope, sorry, not a good enough excuse; you must be perfect at all times lest you become the butt of ridicule and mockery. For the luvaGod man, spell names correctly! ;)
    • Like Like x 1
  15. weneedmorelinemen

weneedmorelinemen Veteran

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    81ß
    I don't think your mock draft reflects that Dante Rosario is back on the team.

Oh wait, the Bears just cut him.

No, wait up, they have resigned him.

I'll get back with you in an hour when the Bears have cut Rosario once more and TE is a need.
    • Like Like x 1