Post Draft Fun:How Would DB54 grade the Draft and why are we all idiots?

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by jackiejokeman, May 20, 2014.

1. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +234 / 2 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    666ß
    How would the really great mind judge the FA's/Draft/UDFA's in 2014?
  2. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +3,793 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,987ß
    Few things about this, he'd 100% back all things that the Bears management did at all times. Ex he hated the idea of Martz; until Martz was here, zero issues going back on anything he said.

So w/out question if there were any questions about what the top needs were, or where someone was expected to go, the Bears did the right thing buy going against that.

FA:
    Houston, great move, good price on possibly the best DE out there, and he can play DT
    Young, great move, he's coming into his own and will be a great starting guy opposite Houston
    Mundy/Jennings These guys are better then Conte/Wright so insta improved starters at both S positions, you won't find better in this draft even in the first round
    Palmer, if they can do it w/a scumball no talent hack like McCown they can do it w/Palmer(keep in mind he loved McCown's signing and play up until signing w/TB) and you cannot draft a rookie qb in this QB weak draft
    Rosario, great backup to Bennett really good blocker, great compliment great move.
    Rosario cut, eh he wasn't that good I didn't get the signing
    Rosario again, okay it was all a cap move, still a great move(See original post)
    Mulligan good pickup, the team needs someone better then Rosario
    Allen: what a steal, we just took Minny's best D player off their team at a steal of a price, he's going to be awesome opposite Houston and allows Young the time he needs to really develop into what he can be

draft
    Fuller, excellent pick S be damned the team doesn't care about S's anyways had a great combine and was possibly the best cb in the draft.
    Ego, perfect pick, ya the team needs a 3 tech and he's really not that, but they need a NT to, and as Emery said the bigger the better
    Sutton, ya Emery said the bigger the better, but you still need a classic 3 tech and Sutton is a great 3 tech.
    Carey, Ford sucks and Forte is bound to be old so good solid pick, 4.7 and other combine stuff doesn't matter
    Vareen, had a great combine and is versatile, and could easily beat out 3 S's on this roster
    Fales, what a steal, this guy is going to push Palmer and be cheaper for years to come, it's th 6th round you aren't getting better at other positions then the 5th best QB in this QB deep draft
    Pat O'Donnell Bears needed a punter and got the best one, good deal.
    Charles Leno JR, good depth for a group that will need youth in a few years. He'll be a starter before you know it.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,761ß
    DB54 was always a staunch "homer" and defender of all things Bears including Jerry Angelo so of course he'd give it an A. What would be far more interesting is asking him to contrast the work Phil Emery has done in these past two off-seasons with any of the ones JA had.

JA made some rather nice moves but in the scheme of things he always stopped short of getting enough done to really make a major difference in the team for the following year. Uncle Phil figures that if a little change is good then a lot must be even better.

Like I said. If Emery is gonna engineer change he makes damn sure he over engineers it as opposed to under engineering it. He's bound and determined not to lose games because he doesn't have enough talent or depth.
  4. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +2,297 / 7 / -9
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,800ß
    I kinda miss his presence here lol
    • Like Like x 1
  5. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +3,793 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,987ß
    shut yer mouth!!!!!
    • Like Like x 1
  6. The Benjamin

Ratings:
    +2,297 / 7 / -9
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,800ß
    Come on... there isn't a little piece of you that misses him posting here? When he was here there was a common enemy. Someone everyone would gang up on when he said something stupid...... wait... we still have that! We have David!!!!

But he stays in the Bar Scene for the most part. We need someone to gang up on in the football section
    • Like Like x 1
  7. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,761ß
    LOL, ask 4th if he misses him. :bah::rofl2:

Whose David and how did I miss him? Tell him to come out of the Bar Scene and fight like a man.

:3 12 22[1]:
  8. The Benjamin

Ratings:
    +2,297 / 7 / -9
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,800ß
    He makes the most asinine arguments
  9. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,761ß

Well at least he's not alone in that regard. There are a few more around here that have that same affliction. Guess I'll have to go take a look to see what you mean.
  10. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Coordinator

Ratings:
    +2,622 / 10 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,274ß
    From the sounds of things, wherever that little piece is... it may be a good idea to cut it off.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Papa_Bear_7

Papa_Bear_7 Veteran

Ratings:
    +118 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    50ß
    While we're bringing up old posters, what in the world happened to Nerrad? Did he follow Orton to Dallas?
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,687 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    775ß
    DB54 would look at the draft and think "yeah, but who are they gonna replace?" Lol
  13. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +3,793 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,987ß
    nerrad followed ol roy around after he convinced him that rex was going to be great when given his shot
  14. Rakk

Rakk Veteran SuperFan

Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    21ß

Ric, that is spot on from what I remember him to be like! Were you channeling or something..you feel alright after that! lol Well played.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. short faced bear

short faced bear Assistant Head Coach DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,365 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    391ß
    Well, considering he's perhaps still on here (or at least in a cloned/hybrid form) the Bears can do no wrong, would go on endlessly about the smallest detail, and would passive-agressively "agree to disagree". Don't get me wrong I enjoy this board a ton but sometimes it's OK to be wrong on the old interwebs. I enjoy the conjecture and debate more than guys trying to prove themselves seldom wrong. I mean 6+pages of stuff on a LS-for Pete's sake!!
    • Like Like x 1
  16. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +3,793 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,987ß
    Brother I was basically off the net after that, I didn't feel well at all. :)
  17. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,761ß
    Oh now I remember David L. He's already earned an ignore status which is why I never see his posts. Debating with the illogical and ridiculously stubborn is about as useful as trying to walk through a closed door.
  18. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,761ß
    Well as I recall that Long Snapper thread took many a quaint and curious bend and twist from it's orginal content including the actual definition of a Long Snapper in all it's permutations and whether or not the Canadian's bigger balls are a significant factor in how they should be handled.

FWIW I'm not planning on handling any other than my own so I'll just use the same methods and care I always have.
  19. Bearstuff

Bearstuff Yes, in the woods. Staff Member SuperFan

Ratings:
    +1,279 / 3 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    664ß
    First, I like DavidL. I don't always agree with him, but he get's the whole "internet thing" pretty well (especially in comparison to DB54).

Second, I think Ric hit the nail on the head.

Third, I doubt seriously if he is ever "here". I don't think he could help himself from commenting, and if he did, we could spot him (no matter the user name) in about 4 posts. It's possible that leopards could change their spots....it's just not probable.
    • Like Like x 2
  20. short faced bear

short faced bear Assistant Head Coach DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,365 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    391ß
    Lol I rest my case