Potential Defensive players in the draft

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by abhibears89, Feb 5, 2014.

1. abhibears89

abhibears89 Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Hey im new here
    Was wondering what u guys think of certain players we can get in the draft
    Aaron Lynch: Boom or Bust prospect
    Aaron Donald: Love this guy but not sure now he will be available in the 2nd round, stock is rising
    Darqueze Dennard: Could be a good fit opposite jennings
    Aaron colvin: Recent injury could cause him to drop
    vinnie sunseri: Could be a decent lower round pick

Jairus Byrd or TJ Ward in free agency

On a side note what do you think about Richard Rodgers as a back up tight end and Tom savage from Pitt in the 2nd half of the draft. Any chance we can land Alex mack?

Let me know what you guys think
  2. 4dabers

4dabers Veteran DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +747 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    89ß
    First of all, welcome to the board!
    I really don't have an opinion on two of the Aarons (Lynch or Colvin), but I would love to grab Aaron Donald. Like you, I think is stock is rising and depending on how he does at the combine, he could still be there with our second pick (if he shows poorly), or he could move up into the late first (if he does well). I'll be honest, I think this kid is for real and I would love to grab him if we could trade down in the first and pick up an extra later pick.

Dennard is also for real. This kid is a shut down corner and I would not be at all upset, or surprised, if we used our 1st rounder on him. He is a real possibility.

I'm not sold on Sunseri, but if he's still there in the 6th, I would take a flyer on him. I've watched some of his highlights and I really don't see anything special about him other than he played on a great team. His Dad is their secondary coach, so you have to wonder if that gave him the edge to be the starter. That said, he was coming off of an injury this year, so perhaps that had a bearing on his play.

As far as Jarius Byrd, TJ Ward and Alex Mack, yea, I'm all for any of those. I don't think Mack is going anywhere though, and if he does, I think it will be because he's looking for too much money. If we look for a Center in FA, I think our target will be Brian de la Puenta from the Saints because of his ties to Kromer, but who really knows.

Just my thoughts.
  3. butkus3595

butkus3595 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +715 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    507ß
    Welcome to the board. I think Lynch came out to early, but wouldn't mind him towards the end of the draft. Dennard I think we would have to draft in round 1 because he wouldn't be available in round 2. I like Colvin at the end of the draft.

I like Ward...mainly because I think he's a stud and he'll come cheaper than Byrd, but I'd take Byrd too without a problem! Mack will be in high demand as he is the top center on the market.
  4. BearJim

BearJim Veteran SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +157 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    46ß
    Welcome aboard! I haven't seen Lynch play but I like Donald & Dennard. You're right about Colvin. He probably won't see the field this year so he'll probably be available late in the draft. I feel sorry for the kid as I follow the Sooners. He was their best CB for sure. I see Sunseri as a backup safety/ST guys but I'm no expert, so who knows.

I would love to get Byrd or Ward too say if we but I think Ward will end uo staying in Cleveland & Byrd will be out of our price range. It's hard say if we would go after Mack. He would be a great fit but I see us resigning Garza & drafting a center on day 3 of the draft.
  5. ZifanQ

ZifanQ Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    62ß
    Soon the Beas oline will consist of former Saints players lol.
  6. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +215 / 2 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    516ß
    Welcome aboard abhibears89 !

As you move around the board you will see that alot of posters here have what you have on their mind.

You hit alot of names already mentioned which just goes to prove great minds think alike.

Especially great BEARS minds.

As for other BEARS minds ...

I'd give anything for a cold COORS right now ... ok thats lost on you midwestern BEARS fans ...

but to western BEARS fans ... Mmmmmmmmm!

Hey dont blame me but right now Eastern BEARS fans are drinking Shaefers and think its the greatest beer ever!

Hey I didnt raise em up ... YOU did ! Dont be trying to plant that alimoney check on me !
  7. 4dabers

4dabers Veteran DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +747 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    89ß
    "I'd give anything for a cold COORS right now ... ok thats lost on you midwestern BEARS fans ..."
    So we don't know about the Banquet beer? Wha?

"Hey dont blame me but right now Eastern BEARS fans are drinking Shaefers and think its the greatest beer ever!"
    ?? Never even heard of it.

"Hey I didnt raise em up ... YOU did ! Dont be trying to plant that alimoney check on me !"
    ...and this one, I don't even have a clue.

Love ya brother (Jackie), but sometimes you really leave me scratching my head.:13_4_9[1]:
  8. butkus3595

butkus3595 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +715 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    507ß
    Schaefers? I haven't drank that since I was broke in college! And hopefully you're not talking about Coors light...thats like drinking beer flavored water!
    • Like Like x 1
  9. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +215 / 2 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    516ß
    butkus3595,

I knew sombody would get the jokes !

Geez now all I need is a GM that can get DEFENSE !
    • Like Like x 1