Potential Vet FA Prospects for the #2 QB Spot..............

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by soulman, Apr 5, 2014.

1. weneedmorelinemen

weneedmorelinemen Veteran

Ratings:
    +387 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    108ß
    Of this list, the guys that I think could compete at backup, take minimum salary, and could prepare for their role as the #2 with minimum reps are Flynn, Grossman, Kitna, Wallace, Garrard, and Kolb if he can accept being a backup.

Kitna is so damn old I can't believe he is still putting his name out there as an available FA. Garrard is up there in age as well, but could get the job done for a year. Too much history with Grossman for him to come back to the Bears. Wallace could hold down the role and might be able to provide some Packer intel, but he's short for a QB and doesn't have a good arm.

Kolb has got that concussion injury history, but he's got a lot of starting experience. Of everyone listed, he'd be the guy I'd like to see the Bears bring in that might come cheap. He might be at a point where he just wants to be a backup to keep what's left in his head intact. He could be like Chandler was for the Bears. One good hit and he's done though.

Flynn would be ok too, but he'd be an idiot to sign with the Bears. He can always find a home with Green Bay. He should know where his bread is buttered. I don't get why people think Flynn is a crappy QB because he got beat out by Russell Wilson. Seattle signed him as insurance for the 2012 draft in case Tannehill did not fall to them in the 1st or Russell in the 3rd. From the articles I read about what happened in Seattle, the front office and the coaches wanted Wilson to win that spot all along. Flynn was there in case he faltered.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,760ß
    Of that list Flynn and Kolb are the only two who I think could contest for a #2 spot. I'm a bit surprised GB has let Flynn hang out there but apparently the don't want him back or they'd have signed him by now. Either that or they're waiting for his price to come down or going with Tolzein.
  3. VJ18

VJ18 Veteran

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    26ß
    Freeman is at Halas hall
  4. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,542 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    543ß
    Thank you for saying this. "I'm a mad scientist pal, not a miracle worker" is what came to my mind when reading those comments. Tim Tebow does not have what it takes to make it in the NFL. If he were the QB of the Patriots in 2007, they wouldn't have done crap.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,760ß
    I hear he's written to every NFL team now offering to be their chaplain and spiritual leader and maybe.........get to hold the clipboard every once in a while. (winkie winkie)
  6. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,760ß
    Oh oh, turnover man. If they can keep him from that maybe but man he ran hot and cold as a starter. Good year, bad year, good year, bad year. He's like Sexy Rexy. Which version do we get?
  7. little bear

little bear Assistant Head Coach

Ratings:
    +918 / 1 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    926ß
  8. little bear

little bear Assistant Head Coach

Ratings:
    +918 / 1 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    926ß
  9. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +2,065 / 7 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,316ß
    Compare him to pre-tresman McNown.... who would you rather have had?
    • Like Like x 1
  10. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +3,327 / 9 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,504ß
    lol mccown was the prototype of Turn man in the NFL before Trestman got his hands on him. and bank on him returning to form in TB w/out Trestman and pro bowl players around him.
  11. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,760ß
    A pre-Favre retirement Aaron Rodgers. I aim high. LOL
  12. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,760ß
    Yeah, sign him and that way if he runs the wrong route and Cutler throws a pick we can ask for a Mulligan! (groan)

(I think we need our smilies back Ski)
  13. CaptainHookShot

CaptainHookShot Rookie

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I don't think Cutler is worth jack to us. But I didn't say you and the rest of the league think he is worth jack. Apparently you and lots of other people around here think Jay Cutler is a great quarterback.
    So that he would command trade value amounting to the #1 pick in the draft is totally ludicrous, in your words, A DOOZY(which, come on man, DOOZY, really? I know you're probably some grandpa slouched over in a basement in Cicero, hacking away on an apple II, but really, DOOZY?).
    Anyways, this is STUPID of you to say, considering that we traded two first round picks and a third round pick for Jay Cutler(which had nothing to do with why our team got so old so fast), and that we just signed him to a humongous deal.

I didn't say NOW, that was why we keep McCown and bring in Baby Jesus. And you can reference the first part I wrote here as to why you are an idiot and should think before you write and use that thing in your brain called a memory.

Why would you write such a thing? As a slander it's SO weak but but beyond that this might be one of the lamest attempts at comedy I have ever read. "It's hallucinogenic, LOL" That's high school shit. It also sounds like you know your way around a marijuana plant so stfu before you make an even bigger ass out of yourself.

Sucks to come on here in the off season when you actually have a life.
  14. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Position Coach

Ratings:
    +1,894 / 7 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,211ß
    Apparently, you haven't seen any of my stuff then... :-)
  15. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,760ß
    Well then take your wimpy little white ass somewhere else you enjoy the climate a little more then. If you come around here posting ignorant crap like you did you're gonna get called out for it, if by no one else by me. Oh and by the way Einstein, if I just say it it's slander, but since I actually put it in writing it's libel........ASSHOLE. So sue me. Oh, and that would be my second libelous act wouldn't, calling you an ASSHOLE I mean, unless of course I can actually prove that you are an ASSHOLE and that should be too hard to do. I have witnesses.

If you're gonna tell me to shut the fuck up and that I'm making an ass out of myself then before you do maybe you should be spending your time with your head in a dictionary instead of up your fat ass learning the difference between slander and libel so YOU can get it right next time. You've just been busted down from Captain to Cargo Handler 3rd Class so why don't you haul your ass somewhere else.

I don't think you'll last long around here but just in case you manage to survive awhile longer I'll maker it easier on myself. You're just one more ignorant fuck head to put on my ignore list. Enjoy your offseason while you're here until you leave to go troll someone elses forum, Seaman Hook Shank. (where's that "you can kiss my ass" smilie we used to have?)
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Position Coach

Ratings:
    +1,894 / 7 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,211ß
    This is great news. There were many times last season that I thought we could have used a Mulligan.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,760ß
    My thought exactly. We could use two or three........dozen.
  18. CaptainHookShot

CaptainHookShot Rookie

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Why does me being white have anything to do with this? If that's the case, then go back to Africa, I think Abraham Lincoln has a ticket waiting for you.

Actually, the difference between libel and slander are only important in cases of defamation. Why I would sue anybody already in jail I'm not too sure, but you CAN actually slander somebody in writing. Here is the second definition of slander:
    a malicious, false, and defamatory statement or report: a slander against his good name.

Oh, and there is no doubt I am an asshole. There is also no doubt you get on this board when you are hammered. Have a nice one Soulman.
  19. weneedmorelinemen

weneedmorelinemen Veteran

Ratings:
    +387 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    108ß
    I have a definitive source regarding libel vs slander. Here is J. Jonah Jameson weighing in on the topic.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +483 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    92ß
    Ill cut to the chase, and I hate personal attacks over the internet, but you sir are a grade A moron. In case you haven't noticed, we have some real knowledgeable, intelligent community here. Frankly, you probably don't belong because judging from you comments you won't even understand most language on here without google dictionary handy. You can have stupid football opinions, that's fine. But to come here with blatantly racist comments and personal attacks on other users? Really? Please tell me your just an immature middle schooler and have justification for your immaturity and idiocy. I'm guessing by now (or soon) you'll be banned like the rest of em so good riddance.

Oh, and for the record....I edited our college newspaper and soul is correct in his understanding of the difference between liable and slander. Writing something false is libelous, speaking it is slanderous. Your google definition while correct has no bearing on your incorrect point you were trying to make.