Potential Vet FA Prospects for the #2 QB Spot..............

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by soulman, Apr 5, 2014.

1. weneedmorelinemen

weneedmorelinemen Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    542ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    Of this list, the guys that I think could compete at backup, take minimum salary, and could prepare for their role as the #2 with minimum reps are Flynn, Grossman, Kitna, Wallace, Garrard, and Kolb if he can accept being a backup.

Kitna is so damn old I can't believe he is still putting his name out there as an available FA. Garrard is up there in age as well, but could get the job done for a year. Too much history with Grossman for him to come back to the Bears. Wallace could hold down the role and might be able to provide some Packer intel, but he's short for a QB and doesn't have a good arm.

Kolb has got that concussion injury history, but he's got a lot of starting experience. Of everyone listed, he'd be the guy I'd like to see the Bears bring in that might come cheap. He might be at a point where he just wants to be a backup to keep what's left in his head intact. He could be like Chandler was for the Bears. One good hit and he's done though.

Flynn would be ok too, but he'd be an idiot to sign with the Bears. He can always find a home with Green Bay. He should know where his bread is buttered. I don't get why people think Flynn is a crappy QB because he got beat out by Russell Wilson. Seattle signed him as insurance for the 2012 draft in case Tannehill did not fall to them in the 1st or Russell in the 3rd. From the articles I read about what happened in Seattle, the front office and the coaches wanted Wilson to win that spot all along. Flynn was there in case he faltered.

• Like Like x 1
  2. soulman

soulman Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,159ß
    Of that list Flynn and Kolb are the only two who I think could contest for a #2 spot. I'm a bit surprised GB has let Flynn hang out there but apparently the don't want him back or they'd have signed him by now. Either that or they're waiting for his price to come down or going with Tolzein.

3. VJ18

VJ18 Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    343ß
    Freeman is at Halas hall

4. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

ßearz ßuckz:
    953ß
    Thank you for saying this. "I'm a mad scientist pal, not a miracle worker" is what came to my mind when reading those comments. Tim Tebow does not have what it takes to make it in the NFL. If he were the QB of the Patriots in 2007, they wouldn't have done crap.

• Like Like x 1
  5. soulman

soulman Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,159ß
    I hear he's written to every NFL team now offering to be their chaplain and spiritual leader and maybe.........get to hold the clipboard every once in a while. (winkie winkie)

6. soulman

soulman Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,159ß
    Oh oh, turnover man. If they can keep him from that maybe but man he ran hot and cold as a starter. Good year, bad year, good year, bad year. He's like Sexy Rexy. Which version do we get?

7. little bear

little bear Head Coach

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,108ß
  8. little bear

little bear Head Coach

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,108ß
  9. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas
    Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,258ß
    Compare him to pre-tresman McNown.... who would you rather have had?

• Like Like x 1
  10. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,878ß
    lol mccown was the prototype of Turn man in the NFL before Trestman got his hands on him. and bank on him returning to form in TB w/out Trestman and pro bowl players around him.