Power Rankings: We're a Top-5 Team Now!

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by JustAnotherBearsFan99, Sep 24, 2013.

1. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Veteran

Ratings:
    +431 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    16ß
    He knows what the D is going to do before the D knows what it's going to do.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Veteran

Ratings:
    +431 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    16ß
    All verified for truth.

People put the pack on this almighty pedestal like they are untouchable because they have Arron"all praise the mighty one"Rogers. As if their shit don't stink when they don't even realize they are already up shit creek without a paddle. At least they have Mr. Banjo playing sweet nothings for them.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. popcornlover

popcornlover Guest

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    TOP 5 SEEMS ABOUT RIGHT
  4. Jimmors

Jimmors The Rhymenoceros Staff Member SuperFan

Ratings:
    +3,969 / 8 / -5
    ßearz ßuckz:
    161ß
    To be fair, Rodgers IS the better QB. However, we have the better TEAM.

Top 3 teams in Points for:

1.Broncos.
    2.Packers.
    3.Bears.

Obviously, the Broncos and Packers get most of their points from Offense alone (especially QB), while the Bears get it with offense AND defense. This is not to say our offense sucks, but our Defensive scores are pushing us higher, allowing us to score 30+ points a game. Of course, the flip side of that is that we can not always rely on that, so we need to be more effective on offense, while also limiting opposing teams' offenses.
  5. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Veteran

Ratings:
    +431 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    16ß
    To be fair he's had a better coach for his entire career. Like Cutty says which people blow off, to be in a system for 3 years and more essentially unchanged makes a big difference.
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Jimmors

Ratings:
    +3,969 / 8 / -5
    ßearz ßuckz:
    161ß
    Im not saying Cutler doesnt have the potential to improve. Ive always said that he hasnt performed up to par because of the weak OL he has had while here. He had an amazing one in Denver, which lead to a probowl season.

Still, i would suggest Rodgers is the better QB out of the two.
  7. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Veteran

Ratings:
    +431 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    16ß
    Now with Trest I will be able to answer this question more fairly this year and hopefully next.
  8. short faced bear

short faced bear Assistant Head Coach DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,155 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    10ß
    Let's always vie to stay under the radar and be under-estimated. The only thing that matters is who is on top in Feb. The more the Bears are dissed the more crow the know-it-all's have to eat.
  9. Jimmors

Ratings:
    +3,969 / 8 / -5
    ßearz ßuckz:
    161ß
    Dont worry, everyone is too enthralled with Manning lovefest, the Seattle Defense, the Andy Reid redemption story, and the "Dolphins? Seriously? The DOLPHINS?" story lines to give the Bears much credit right now. They are mostly writing us off as Divisional winners bound for failure.
  10. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,613 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    227ß
    2012-week 18-Ravens- Ranked 10

nough said
  11. little bear

little bear Assistant Head Coach

Ratings:
    +566 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    98ß
    ^^This^^

"Expert" rankings doesn't mean anything. It's just their opinion.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,810 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    69ß

I completely agree.

I'm very glad you brought up the point about Cutler having the better team behind him. This is the point that some people fail to recognize, when they point out Rodgers making the Packers iron-clad unbeatable by the Bears. They (rightly) point out that Rodgers is a better QB. But no matter HOW good that QB is, he's limited by the talent around him. We saw this for years with Peyton Manning at the Colts. It took a long time for him to win his (lone) Super Bowl. Yes, he had some incredible talent at some positions - but the overall team wasn't at a level to win Super Bowls.

I believe that THIS year, the Bears do have an overall (slightly) better team than Green Bay. I'm not saying GB is a bad team this year, because I do believe they have a number of good players, and I do respect the franchise. But Green Bay (overall as a team) is not our equal this year. They're not.

But people here seem to have an "inferiority complex" regarding the Bears vs the "almighty and all-powerful" (in their eyes) Green Bay Packers. And it really is sad. Just because they have been better than us in the past, doesn't guarantee future dominance. Things in life DO change. And heaven knows we've changed tremendously since bringing Emery in as GM. We've had a serious upgrade of coaches and players.

But sadly, people fail to see any change in our matchup with Green Bay. It's like these people have taken a Novocain shot to the brain when it comes to GB. They can be beaten. They can be swept by the Bears this year. Don't know if they will, but certainly it's not out of the picture.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. mdbearz

mdbearz Veteran

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    18ß
    In the beginning of the season, I was hoping that we could win a few games on talent alone, until the Offense could really start to hit thier stride. It looks better than I thought it would at this point reguardless of what the rankings say.

I honestly think that health of this team is going to be the key to this season.
    • Like Like x 2
  14. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +1,810 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    69ß
    I've personally come to the same conclusion. Injuries (or lack of them) to key players will be the limiting factor to how far this team goes. There are people who believe that "next man up" thing means that the next man up is able to play at a high enough level, that the team can sustain winning. Sadly, it's not always the case. Cutler is just one example of that. Next man up, in these situations - really means - our season is pretty much done.

I shake my head at people who think losing a Pro Bowl player like Melton, is "no big deal" and point to two undrafted FA's as being able to replace one of the best defensive linemen in the NFL (a Pro Bowl player). Melton was coming back from injury, and understandably had not reached his play-level of last year - but he was coming along nicely. The unit (DL) is already struggling. Losing a Pro Bowl player, isn't going to be "just fine" with a "next man up" when the next man up is very mediocre at best. People don't like to hear that. But sometimes the truth hurts. Collins is a journeyman undrafted kid who couldn't stick on his two previous teams. He's a very mediocre talent. To those who believe Collins = Pro Bowl Player, I wonder if their head is screwed on right. When the team sustains injuries of this consequence (in this case on a unit that was already struggling) it diminishes our season potential by a certain increment.

Once the team sustains enough of these injuries, the team is unable to reach its potential - in this case, winning the division or going to the playoffs.

It's really "Football 101" but I guess denial is a powerful thing.
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  15. GBlaze23

GBlaze23 Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Thank you chicken little,

While Melton's talent may be a big loss in the long run considering his potential, you should also consider what he has done this year or rather what we have done without him. While it certainly is a loss, he has not really impacted games much this year and Collins has shown the ability to put pressure on the QB in the past. Collins may not be Melton, but he is a good stop gap and I do not believe there will be such a huge loss as you are exclaiming in about every thread. If you want to give up now, so be it. That will get you no where in the NFL though and I think we will be ok, as far as that aspect goes anyway. There are defensive issuses, but I think replacing Henry will be the least of them.
  16. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +1,810 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    69ß
    I'll try this one more time. And if we don't agree, that's fine. We can agree to have a different opinion.

It's not being a "Chicken Little" to be disappointed when your Pro Bowl player gets injured and is lost for the entire season. Yes, he was not back to 100% from his injury, but was moving in that direction. You do understand these things, right?

Our defensive line is struggling right now, so losing a Pro Bowl player is not a "good thing" right now. You do understand that right?

If I am missing something here, then I apologize. But I confess that I don't see anything good about losing a Pro Bowl defensive lineman. Same with losing any of our Pro Bowl players (like Tillman or Peppers) on this defense. Losing a Pro Bowl NFL player is a "bad thing" and not a good thing. You do understand that, right?
  17. popcornlover

popcornlover Guest

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I think ppl dont understand just how much of a impact this will be on our team we were seeing the progression of this d-line week by week ..........now we have to start from alpha phase.....................
  18. GBlaze23

GBlaze23 Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I do understand what you are saying. I just do not believe it will have the impact that you think it will. The point I was trying to make is that if we say he was 75% on his way back, Collins can sustain that 75% and it will not be a huge loss as you think. You have admitted he was not full strength, which I agree, and we are 3-0 to this point. If he was 75% or so and Collins is healthy and 75% as good as Melton, there is no difference thus far. I agreed it will be a loss, I just don't think its the end of the world as you do.

Will it hurt in the long run? Sure. Can we keep going stong..... definitely
    • Like Like x 1
  19. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +1,810 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    69ß
    Those are all good points, and I agree with you that we can (hopefully) have Collins play well enough to keep going strong. I was just anticipating Melton getting that 25% back so he'd be performing at last year's level. Collins isn't a bum though. He is playing well.

Thanks for clarifying. I wasn't following your point very well initially. My fault.
  20. JPosh2012

JPosh2012 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +86 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    IMO, he is BETTER after the neck surgery than before. I love watching Manning.