Preseason game 1, news

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by riczaj01, Aug 9, 2013.

1. a_miljan

a_miljan Veteran

Ratings:
    +263 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    24ß
    ok guys, I watched the game and these are my opinions: if this was a regular season game we would have won. Jay was moving good, o-line will be better, I hope that we will, like i suggested months ago that we will play slauson more at center. bostic, collinns, bowman... we' re very good. also, cb will be great this year again, hope to see greene and washington shine. i think we'll be more athletic!

p.s.- where is my mentor jabf99??
  2. Ctree5454

Ctree5454 Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Just re-watched the game so here are some things I saw. On offense, it seemed the majority of pass plays were the quick speed slant..Jeffery looked fast on his one catch, looks quicker than last year..Joe Anderson looked good, had a few nice catches..Wilson really flashed, cant see how he doesnt make the team. With the line, Kyle Long looked really good..I like James Brown but there didnt seem to be much of a question as to who the starter wil be..I dont want to get too excited over one preseason game but he looked like our best lineman. On defense, the surprise was Khaseem Greene..He looked really good..around the ball and made some really nice plays..Bostic looked like he belonged once he calmed down..He is fast and comes downhill really well..Overall not a bad start and the draft picks stood out.
  3. tbear1

tbear1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +122 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    14ß
    I watched the game this morning also. They gave Long a lot of play time. Overall, I thought he look pretty good. I could see him contributing this year. Slauson and Bushrod looked like the veterans they are. We still need work on the o-line as a unit, way too inconsistant and a big worry for me...

Bostic and Greene looked like they belong in the NFL. I really liked Greene's hustle on the field, Long was similar on offense. I was disappointed with Collins on the line. He was getting stood up and pushed out of play. Minter looked like he has promise. Again pretty good movement on the field, like Greene. It does look like he needs to work on his strength to get serious play time.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. JPosh2012

JPosh2012 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +86 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Until the O-Line gels it will be an issue but it will take a few games for that to happen sadly.