Preseason game 1, news

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by riczaj01, Aug 9, 2013.

1. riczaj01

riczaj01
    Expand Collapse
    DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,169ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    I'll have to find it, but I read an article that Shea was not very impressive out there tonight,

According to Cutler he misfired on his int to Jeffery, said it should have gone to the other shoulder.

Good to see Anderson impress, sort of surprised Allen fumbled, but if he cannot keep his hands on the ball, then let someone else handle it.

How did Brown and Britton look? How did Slauson do at C?

2. tbear1

tbear1
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    408ß
    That is what I am wondering. The game wasn't aired in my area, so I have the replay scheduled for recording.

3. CBears

CBears
    Expand Collapse
    Rookie

ßearz ßuckz:
    Slauson only one drive at center. 5x plays

McClellin at least with one big QB hit. though too late to prevent the pass.

4. MPbears68

MPbears68
    Expand Collapse
    Hall of Famer

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,337ß
    From what I've read, Ric, Brown struggled. Allen and Onobun also were disappointing...As in, likely to be cut. Haven't heard on Britton (excepting a reporter saying something like "Webb must be looking over his shoulder") or Slauson.

I know it won't happen right away, but I'd love to see an interior of:
    Brown -- Slauson -- Long

5. riczaj01

riczaj01
    Expand Collapse
    DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,169ß
    on a bun might well be cut, not a good camp or pre season, but don't bank on allen being cut for one bad pre season game b/c Ford whupped up against scrubs. Allen is a huge st guy also. I haven't seen anything on any one OL except Webb in their performance. I'll have to keep reading around

6. MPbears68

MPbears68
    Expand Collapse
    Hall of Famer

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,337ß
    Yeah, didn't see the game so I can't say first hand. From reading reports, the OL struggled as a unit as you expect in their first game under a new system (and Carolina has a damn fine DL). Individually, Long did well but missed some blitz pickups, stuff you'd expect from a raw guy learning the assignments. Read Brown struggled too but nothing out of the ordinary. The one thing that stood out, and I don't know if this is just the media piling on cuz hes such an easy target, was that Webb was particularly NO BUENO.

The evidence is mounting in my estimation that Webb is in serious danger of being demoted from starting LT all the way to the bench. Which is fine by me if Britton is outplaying him at RT.

PS/edit:

I think we are seeing why Fendi is "Mr. Athletic" who can't seem to stick with multiple teams. He's got stone hands a k a Kellen 2.0

And Armando can't fumble and expect to stick as a #3 scat back/ST guy. Another performance like that and he's in serious roster danger.

7. riczaj01

riczaj01
    Expand Collapse
    DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,169ß
    MP, when you consider he stopped tweeting and his reported struggles in camp and in the game I would guess he's got some comp, although it doesn't sound like his comp was a much better then he was. It's got to be infuriating though b/c they said last week when he played LT, he was able to stand up a guy like Peppers as if it was nothing, might have only been once but still shows what he COULD do.

I'm more disappointed in Shea though, guy needs to take the next step, and QB hurries might well be the most over rated thing people look at now a days, Sack and PD I get, TFL or Tackles I get, but ALMOST making a play? Sorry it doesn't register w/me...and by all accounts that one hit came after the qb had already cleanly thrown the ball. Shea needs to take a major jump.

8. Papa_Bear_7

Papa_Bear_7
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    112ß
    Well, that was Kronik that gave him the nickname but I wholeheartedly agree with it! ;)

9. BearJim

BearJim
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    115ß
    Ric I thought Britton looked okay but Brown looked pretty bad. I'll have to watch it again but it seemed he was lost out there. JMHO

• Like Like x 1
  10. JPosh2012

JPosh2012
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    That is why I believe that Greene is the PERFECT replacement for Briggs in a few years.