Pro Football's ranking of our offensive line

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Henry Burris, Oct 10, 2013.

1. short faced bear

short faced bear Assistant Head Coach DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,233 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    158ß
    Oh hell, if Mills is -11.4 then Webb was the national debt.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. kevperro

kevperro Veteran

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    99ß
    The run blocking is not good. We really need a short yardage game and we just don't have it. But... considering where we came from, I'm thrilled with this Oline. Mills looks like a rookie sometimes.... go figure. What do you expect out of a 5th round "project"? He is developing way above where he was projected to perform. I don't think many people thought Bushrod was the best LT in the league but he certainly is an upgrade. Overall, this Oline has the potential to grow moving forward and for the 1st year together I'd give them some extra credit considering none of them played together on the same line before seven or eight weeks ago.
  3. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +3,327 / 9 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,505ß
    Speaking of Bushrod, where are all those people talking about PFF and how they ranked Webb over Bushrod and how he gave up so many sacks and pressures w/the great Brees and his quick release? 6 sacks in 6 games, I doubt all of them came from Bushrods side. I'd say that's one hell of an upgrade over Webb.
  4. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,710 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,235ß
    The best thing about Bushrod is that we're not having to max protect like we had to do with Webb. Webb, usually had a small army of players, having to help with his blocking chores. We still give help at times to Bushrod, but it's not like having to do it so often, as we did with J'Marcus.

This really helps our offense, when skill players can be skill players, rather than J'Marcus Webb's little helpers.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +3,327 / 9 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,505ß
    well the team is still max protecting, but it's not b/c of the vet LT, but b/c of the rookie RT, which is at least acceptable.
    • Like Like x 3
  6. JPosh2012

JPosh2012 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +86 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I'll take max protection to help a rookie RT (he isn't playing that bad) over a vet LT.