Production Ratio for DT's

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by BSBEARS, Feb 16, 2014.

1. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +438 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    203ß
    Interesting twist, uses (sacks + tackles for loss)/games played. Looks at existing nfl player success vs college production ratio.. Then looks at 2014 prospects. If you also read Hybrid Scheme articles things are starting to get some meat behind them for logic of picks for the DL. Interesting Jernigan may not be a player we want with these guidelines. I think he is to small to be a nose tackle ( 1 technique) he would need to add 20 to 30 pounds anyway.

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2014...king-defensive-tackles-for-the-dallas-cowboys
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. short faced bear

short faced bear Assistant Head Coach DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,155 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    10ß
    I get the feeling that Emery and his newest stat/metric dept. will be using something quite similar.
    -Wonder if Nix playing w/Tuitt skews the chart.
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2014
  3. Bearstuff

Bearstuff Yes, in the woods. Staff Member SuperFan

Ratings:
    +892 / 2 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    181ß
    Good point shorty. Nix and Tuitt both benefit statistically from the other. Although I'd like to think that we would only NEED one of those two and simply need to make the right choice. :lol-027:

And I'm sure Emery is using metrics that aren't being published for fan use!

Great resource BSBEARS! I got so lost in it I forgot to come back and say so.