Project Starters 2014-2015

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by beardownzona, May 20, 2014.

1. beardownzona

beardownzona Rookie

ßearz ßuckz:
    19ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    Here are my projected starters:

Offense
    QB- Jay Cutler
    RB- Matt Forte
    WR1- Brandon Marshall
    WR2- Alshon Jeffery
    WR3- Marquees Wilson
    TE- Martellus Bennett
    LT- Jermon Bushrod
    LG- Matt Slauson
    C- Roberto Garza
    RG- Kyle Long
    RT- Jordan Mills

Defense
    DE- Jared Allen
    NT- Stephen Paea/Ego Ferguson
    DT- Jeremiah Ratliff/Will Sutton
    DE- Lamarr Houston
    SLB- D.J. Williams
    WLB- Lance Briggs
    CB1- Peanut Tillman
    CB2- Tim Jennings
    CB3- Kyle Fuller
    SS- Ryan Mundy
    FS- Brock Vereen

(Note: Defense)- Bears play Nickel with 3 cornerbacks about 70-80% of the time, otherwise in the 4-3:
    SLB- Shea McClellin
    MLB- D.J. Williams
    WLB- Lance Briggs

Special Teams
    KR/PR- Chris Williams
    Kicker- Robbie Gould
    Punter- Pat O'Donnell

2. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,138ß
    looks about right.

3. soulman

soulman Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,040ß
    Yeah it does but we rotate so much of the line on defense that even the #2 guys will see a lot of snaps. The wild card at LB is McClellin. From what Emery said they want him on the field for as many snaps as possible which means he could be playing multiple positions. I think they may do the same with Fuller just to try and keep as many impact players on the field as they can.

The only two spots I can see on offense that may be subject to some real competition are that #3 WR spot and Mills spot at RT. I'm sure Trestman and Kromer will make sure those guys get pushed hard.

4. strockrocks

strockrocks Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    108ß
    I'm not really a pessimist but I'm worried about Briggs this year. He's chunky, old, and will be wearing a harness this year. Kind of worries me a bit. Nobody is really talking about him.

• Like Like x 1
  5. soulman

soulman Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,040ß

Sure they are. Trestman and Tucker have said he's the only LB who has his spot locked up. LOL

I can see your concern but Briggs has always shown up in condition and ready to play in the past so until he does differently we should probably continue to expect he will again. He was out of shape when he returned from that injury last year but I guess that was to be expected. Older maybe but I don't know about too old yet because before he got hurt last year he didn't seem to be in any kind of decline.

So that kind of leaves the harness thing and I have no idea of how that might affect a player. Maybe a little or maybe not at all but no one on the coaching staff seems to be very worried about it or if they are they aren't saying much about it. But part of my rationale for getting Bostic camp and preseason reps at WLB is because he's the guy whose best equipped to replace Briggs if that injury continues to be a problem and he has to sit some.

6. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Assistant Head Coach
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,730ß
    Well, I can talk about him a little. He's chunky, old and will be wearing a harness.

7. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Assistant Head Coach
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,730ß
    Seriously though, he worries me too. All I can hope is that the guy has been a real stud for us and he knows what level he needs to be at able to perform at a pro level. As do his coaches. I would like to believe that if that level of performance is not there that neither he nor the coaches would want him to be out there.

The way I look at it is that I also have my doubts about him this year, but his performance as of this date has earned him the benefit of at least proving that he can still play. If he makes it through preseason and is still on the team, then he must be able to play at a decent level. I'm not going to worry until I see him crapping himself. Hopefully that just won't happen (although opposing players may be more inclined to steer clear of him if it happens).

#7 Bearsinhouston, May 20, 2014
    Last edited: May 20, 2014
  8. Papa_Bear_7

Papa_Bear_7 Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    112ß
    Not willing to nail down a long snapper? ;)

9. soulman

soulman Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,040ß

Still waiting on Mannelly and it's still 50/50 although the longer is goes on the more I believe he'll retire. Apparently that hip injury was more serious than we thought and maybe he wants to walk without a permanent limp.

10. soulman

soulman Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,040ß

Maybe they can just pump him full of vicodin and tell him nothings wrong. :rofl2:

Well it worked once before didn't it? :bah:

• Like Like x 1