Question about our D

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by PhilM, Aug 15, 2014.

1. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston
    Expand Collapse
    Assistant Head Coach
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,972ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    no, I definitely agree. The players we brought in are VERY good players. Thrilled to have them. And people like Houston WANT to hit you. Just not seeing that on the field though. I never liked Tucker, but one thing I had definitely bought into was that he had not run his own defense (starting out with a top 5 defense though, I think he was better off not to anyway, but that's me...). Right now I am actually starting to wonder if he HAVE been seeing his defense all along. I dunno. Not expecting what I am seeing (or at least I was hoping that I was going to see something different), but they have a few more games to clean it up. Right now though they are still lackluster and it should not be for who is on the field.
    When the season starts, I want to see that aggressive, attacking defense he promised, or I promise that the fans will be much more aggressive in attacking him.

#11 Bearsinhouston, Aug 15, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2014
  2. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston
    Expand Collapse
    Assistant Head Coach
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,972ß
    The other thing that I have not wanted to bring up is God forbid we have any substantial injuries on the D. Fuller is hard to take, but he was not a major cog as of yet. The reason is that Tucker has shown an amazing inability to compensate for injuries. We need to stay healthy or I am concerned that things will go from decent to really bad pretty quick.

As I said before, I have not liked Tucker but still feel that the best solution is his success. If that does not happen, I am comfortable with Pas and hope that's the route they go.

3. soulman

soulman
    Expand Collapse
    Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,935ß
    My first question is why was Kyle Fuller covering kicks in a preseason game? During the regular season when they have a 45 player limit as far as how many can dress then it may be necessary but not now. When you have at least 60-70 others out there trying to make the team and Joe D is crying about finding guys who can play on Sunday why are they using a guy they already know can play on Sunday?

I thought Trestman was smarter than this and yet I'm seeing them still doing some of the ame dumb shit they did when Lovie was here. Does everyone recall losing Wootten for another year when he injured his knee covering a kick in preseason? The other thing that's pissing me off is watching the young LB not making any real progress. Bostic had that one great stop last night and then practically disappeared. The same with McClellin.

They need be attacking like that on every play and they're not. Two guys that are under the gun as far as I'm concerned are Tucker and Joe D. Both had massive failures on their units last year and history is beginning to repeat itself. The defense and the STeams both looked awful last night.

4. Chicago_66

Chicago_66
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    226ß
    looked like preseason. Situations, vanilla formations and no game planning. Getting players on tape, it is what it is.

Can't wait for a reg season game. See what these guys do with 4 quarters, coming to play with a plan of attack.

I'm liking that DL and Fuller with Jennings and Peanut could be like MSUs no fly zone. Would like to see Conte against at least some 2's. Preferably a long look all game next week to see how he performs.

• Like Like x 2